The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope you don't get away with it.
Reply 2
Was it your 4th AS?

If it was one of your main 3 i wouldnt lie unless it was a small company.
I second him. You failed and should live up to the consequences of not trying hard enough.
Reply 4
Original post by Alex347_
I second him. You failed and should live up to the consequences of not trying hard enough.

Well it's technically not a fail, and it's served me well so far as I'm working an Analyst internship role in a top company. I was just wondering. :smile:
Why cheat? You didn't get what you were hoping for and 9 times out of 10 that will be your fault. Live with it.
Original post by bittr n swt
I hope you don't get away with it.

meh shell probably get away with it.only uni degrees are chased after.
would chance it myself if I felt itd make a big difference.good on her.
Original post by Alex347_

meh loadsa of people say it.
Original post by ldsbabe
My A-Levels were nearly 4 years ago now, but the D I got in politics is still haunting me. I am now applying for my year in industry and I'd like to say I got a C instead of a D (because it looks miles better).
Will I get away with it?

haha this gurl is something else!

definitely write for a tabloid!
Reply 7
You got a D in a weak soft politics subject. You're obviously not cut out for the job if you don't meet the requirements.

You could be denying someone's rightful place. People like you who lie on CVs just to get a job are fraud and immature. You don't deserve that job and I hope you get caught because that will teach you a lesson.

Lol ok I guess it cancels out my A in maths and B in Chem then?
Original post by ldsbabe
Lol ok I guess it cancels out my A in maths and B in Chem then?

But the D...it's still there. You don't qualify for the job so apply for something else.

B in chem oh awesome....

Like I said I hope you get caught.
Reply 9
But the D...it's still there. You don't qualify for the job so apply for something else.

B in chem oh awesome....

Like I said I hope you get caught.

LOL you're a ****ing yank you don't even know what you're talking about!!
I don't need my a-levels to get the job I'm applying for, I simply want to change it because all of my other grades since the beginning of my education have been above C. It looks better thats all. Honey, I'm perfectly qualified, I'm working at a 1st level in my degree. Take a seat.
unnecessary aggro in this thread. As a Slytherine i hope op beats the system (pottermore reference o ppl will get)
Reply 11
Just leave it as a D, employers love a bit of the D as well. If they ask for proof then how are you going to explain it?
Reply 12
Original post by KingStannis
unnecessary aggro in this thread. As a Slytherine i hope op beats the system (pottermore reference o ppl will get)

Haha I agree. Thank you.
Asks question

Doesn't get the answer they want

Criticise everyone

Will wait until someone gives the answer they want

Will thank for their opinion and lie on CV.
Reply 14
Original post by PGtips
Just leave it as a D, employers love a bit of the D as well. If they ask for proof then how are you going to explain it?

Haha well i've kept it as a D since I finished my A-Levels and it's been fine. I was just curious. I haven't been asked for proof so far but knowing my luck, I probably will next time!
Original post by ldsbabe
LOL you're a ****ing yank you don't even know what you're talking about!!
I don't need my a-levels to get the job I'm applying for, I simply want to change it because all of my other grades since the beginning of my education have been above C. It looks better thats all. Honey, I'm perfectly qualified, I'm working at a 1st level in my degree. Take a seat.

Let's cut out the insults because it makes you look childish sven though I'm younger than you.

OK you may not need the A levels to get the job but you have to accept the dire situation you're in.

A grade D. Don't lie because it can bring severe consequences. I'm only trying to help you.

Don't really care about your degree. I hope it's STEM.
Reply 16
Original post by Huskaris
Asks question

Doesn't get the answer they want

Criticise everyone

Will wait until someone gives the answer they want

Will thank for their opinion and lie on CV.

That's hardly the case. Bittr n whatever his name is just annoys me, hence my response to him. I probably wouldn't change it, like I said it's served me well so far. I was just curious.
Reply 17
Let's cut out the insults because it makes you look childish sven though I'm younger than you.

OK you may not need the A levels to get the job but you have to accept the dire situation you're in.

A grade D. Don't lie because it can bring severe consequences. I'm only trying to help you.

Don't really care about your degree. I hope it's STEM.

Haha I'm not in a dire situation...what on earth are you talking about?!?! I didn't insult you, I called you a yank. You're the one who looks childish with your ridiculous assumptions.
Perhaps but your A-Levels down in terms of points rather than grades? That's one way of avoiding putting the D down without lying, I guess. E.g. 'A-Levels in Maths, Chemistry, Politics - x UCAS points'
Reply 19
I'd do it

Latest

Trending

Trending