The Student Room Group

Hacking

I would like to be a hacker. I'm learning through the internet. Anyone here a hacker and what do you know?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im studying Penetration Testing thats basically hacking, you can google it if you want, and i know lots of things related to it.
Original post by MissHacker
I would like to be a hacker. I'm learning through the internet. Anyone here a hacker and what do you know?

If you want to be a hacker, the first thing I'll ask is, why?!?

I wouldn't consider myself a hacker in the same sense as what most people do. :smile:
Reply 3
Lol.
Original post by Binary Freak
If you want to be a hacker, the first thing I'll ask is, why?!?

I wouldn't consider myself a hacker in the same sense as what most people do. :smile:

same

sometimes on the games I play, I try to "hack" the website via exploits to find security flaws and relay the issue back to the website owner. I usually dwell in finding flaws in websites built in PHP. particulary mySQL, CSRF, XSS injections.

I dont consider myself a hacker.. Im more of a security advisor in a sense. I find flaws and then give advice on how to fix the issue lol.

other than that, I dont hack.
Original post by DarkChaoz95
same

sometimes on the games I play, I try to "hack" the website via exploits to find security flaws and relay the issue back to the website owner. I usually dwell in finding flaws in websites built in PHP. particulary mySQL, CSRF, XSS injections.

I dont consider myself a hacker.. Im more of a security advisor in a sense. I find flaws and then give advice on how to fix the issue lol.

other than that, I dont hack.

Preps to you,

I can't stand people that use the word hacker so lightly, I think I had this issue with PrinceX on another thread

+1 & follow :hat2:
Preps to you,

I can't stand people that use the word hacker so lightly, I think I had this issue with PrinceX on another thread

+1 & follow :hat2:

same here, not everything is can be classed as " heavy hacking", its merely a form of hacking.

Anyway since Im taking law this sept and I studied ICT & Law in college. When I think of "hacker" I think of a selfish person taking advantage of someone's work. (just being one sided here i know)

But other type people are very helpful in that respect, which helps to improve computer systems.

As for Legal side of that, I think of Computer Misuse Act 1990 hehe.

I hate those types of "hackers", sometimes they even go ahead and leak your work. I've seen this on a few occasions and such behavior is just absolutely disgusting and just sad.
same here, not everything is can be classed as " heavy hacking", its merely a form of hacking.

Anyway since Im taking law this sept and I studied ICT & Law in college. When I think of "hacker" I think of a selfish person taking advantage of someone's work. (just being one sided here i know)

But other type people are very helpful in that respect, which helps to improve computer systems.

As for Legal side of that, I think of Computer Misuse Act 1990 hehe.

I hate those types of "hackers", sometimes they even go ahead and leak your work. I've seen this on a few occasions and such behavior is just absolutely disgusting and just sad.

Haha, hackers are usually categorized into white hat, and black hat. Ethical and Unethical. The only form of hacking I can appreciate is white hat (ethical) :yes:

I was thinking of taking law, but only up to Foundation Degree/HND level, I'm indecisive about this.

Mad Vlad
X

What is your thought on the matter Vlad, do you think doing law would aid in my ambitions to work within digital forensics?

P.S: Sorry for the slight derailment that is happening :colone:
Haha, hackers are usually categorized into white hat, and black hat. Ethical and Unethical. The only form of hacking I can appreciate is white hat (ethical) :yes:

I was thinking of taking law, but only up to Foundation Degree/HND level, I'm indecisive about this.

ahh, I see never new about the divisions of Hacking. Yeah I support white hats lol.

Law is cool, Im going to to LLB Law at Hertfordshire this sept while in my spare time, probably do a bit of web developing whenever I have time.

I cant wait for Last year of Law so I can learn all about Company and IP Law I love those modules xD, sorta related to ICT/Business industry in a way.

so what you taking then? :P
ahh, I see never new about the divisions of Hacking. Yeah I support white hats lol.

Law is cool, Im going to to LLB Law at Hertfordshire this sept while in my spare time, probably do a bit of web developing whenever I have time.

I cant wait for Last year of Law so I can learn all about Company and IP Law I love those modules xD, sorta related to ICT/Business industry in a way.

so what you taking then? :P

BSc (Hons) Computer Networks Management and Security. I'll be taking a few courses outside of university for professional purposes (OSCP, HCFI, CCNA-CCNP/CCIE) :smile:

Yeah ICT law can be interesting :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
BSc (Hons) Computer Networks Management and Security. I'll be taking a few courses outside of university for professional purposes (OSCP, HCFI, CCNA-CCNP/CCIE) :smile:

Yeah ICT law can be interesting :biggrin:

awesome, Yeah if these goddamn tutition fees werent so high, i would probably do two degrees one in ICT and the other in Law.

I now see why you dislike people classifying everything as "hacking" :P
awesome, Yeah if these goddamn tutition fees werent so high, i would probably do two degrees one in ICT and the other in Law.

I now see why you dislike people classifying everything as "hacking" :P

Haha, I'm quiet the nut for my age, as said by my lecturers :P

Perhaps you could consider doing the BSc in law, and then doing an online degree in ICT, once you have the money saved up :P
Haha, I'm quiet the nut for my age, as said by my lecturers :P

Perhaps you could consider doing the BSc in law, and then doing an online degree in ICT, once you have the money saved up :P

yeah that could work lol, thanks for the idea. :biggrin:
yeah that could work lol, thanks for the idea. :biggrin:

Yea it probably will, personally I'd go with WGU over OU, but I'm not entirely sure how recognized WGU is :P
I hope you get those nudes off of people's PCs that you were after OP.
Yea it probably will, personally I'd go with WGU over OU, but I'm not entirely sure how recognized WGU is :P

Hopefully you'll make the right decision at the end of the day, after all it comes down to you which is right for you :P
Hopefully you'll make the right decision at the end of the day, after all it comes down to you which is right for you :P

Yeah, my overall academic plan is:

BSc (Hons) Computer Networks Management and Security
MSc Computer Networking
MSc Digital Forensics and Security
HND in Law/Criminology (If necessary)

Still just a dream at this point :P
Yeah, my overall academic plan is:

BSc (Hons) Computer Networks Management and Security
MSc Computer Networking
MSc Digital Forensics and Security
HND in Law/Criminology (If necessary)

Still just a dream at this point :P

imo i'd only do two degree at most but then again it differs from person to person.

Anyway lets try to stay on topic here now we gone pretty much off topic now lol. Anywsy i gtg now i'll catch ya later around these forums :tongue:
imo i'd only do two degree at most but then again it differs from person to person.

Anyway lets try to stay on topic here now we gone pretty much off topic now lol. Anywsy i gtg now i'll catch ya later around these forums :tongue:

Yea, it's probably best that you send a visitor message on my profile when you next want to talk, it prevents derailing this thread. :smile:

Later :smile:

What is your thought on the matter Vlad, do you think doing law would aid in my ambitions to work within digital forensics?

P.S: Sorry for the slight derailment that is happening :colone:

It can't hurt, but certainly any competent Digital Forensics course will have a legal component to at least cover relevant digital law etc. Like the Computer Misuse Act, Communications Act 2003, RIPA, DPA etc. In this field I'd definitely recommend not worrying too much on voluminous academic qualifications; instead focusing on taking relevant degree-level qualifications and then getting as much experience as possible and learning on the job. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending