The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
that's ashame they aren't nearby, is good you have people though at least! sorry your GP wasn't any good :/ I think I must be quite lucky that I have a nice one cause most people seem to have crap ones!

I rarely sleep well tbh, chatted to a Uni friend which was nice though, found out she has like MH issues as well though which wasn't so great :/ but yeah, he seems nice so far at least! :hugs:

yeah, I'm lucky :tongue: and yeah, the gp was useless and i left the place in tears! I usually sleep fine but, after last nights fiasco, my sleep was interrupted and then my mom woke me up -.- report back when you've met him? :smile:
My dad handed me a letter he found for me yesterday - turns out that after I missed last week's CBT, they had rescheduled it for today :eek: Thank goodness I saw it in time!

Went for the session and set 3 goals. We're going to discuss therapy options more next week but for the moment it looks like I'll be having 6 weeks of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), with the chance of more sessions afterwards if I feel it is helping :h:

Original post by MJlover
thank God, my meds for my social anxiety are working cos I had no idea what I'd do come uni, all those classes full of people, my commitment to societies, the library, I don't know how I'd cope!

But I alo have my psychosis at hand. Still can hear voices, don't know how it'll effect me at uni yet.

does anyone else suffer from psychosis?

I suffer from psychosis - my diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder :yes:

Glad to hear your social anxiety is a bit better :h:
so i find out that I'm the only person in my school to get an A* in psychology :') it seems a small thing to be proud of, and kinda big headed, but it makes me feel good :biggrin: my teacher is being too nice to me!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My dad handed me a letter he found for me yesterday - turns out that after I missed last week's CBT, they had rescheduled it for today :eek: Thank goodness I saw it in time!

Went for the session and set 3 goals. We're going to discuss therapy options more next week but for the moment it looks like I'll be having 6 weeks of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), with the chance of more sessions afterwards if I feel it is helping :h:

Really hope it helps you. :smile:

Original post by lauraaaaa
so i find out that I'm the only person in my school to get an A* in psychology :') it seems a small thing to be proud of, and kinda big headed, but it makes me feel good :biggrin: my teacher is being too nice to me!

That's awesome, you should totally be proud of that! :hugs:

Congratulations! :woo:

Well done :smile:
Original post by Star-girl
Congratulations! :woo:

Original post by superwolf
Really hope it helps you. :smile:

That's awesome, you should totally be proud of that! :hugs:

Original post by rmhumphries

been top of the year both AS and A2, and my teacher reckons I could go really far in the subject, which is pretty nice to hear because she doesn't say that a lot to people, she's very strict with high standards! I'll put my big head away now :lol:

You got a parcel. What's inside?? :puppyeyes:
Original post by superwolf
You got a parcel. What's inside?? :puppyeyes:

Lots of cheese.

been top of the year both AS and A2, and my teacher reckons I could go really far in the subject, which is pretty nice to hear because she doesn't say that a lot to people, she's very strict with high standards! I'll put my big head away now :lol:

Ah, I think you have a right to be proud of yourself for a while :smile:
Lots of cheese.

*squeak squeak*
Hopefully will have an appointment with GP next week to discuss mh issues, after my consultant for a physical illness finally got round to writing to them (only took a month!!). Guess I'm kinda scared about what might happen and what sort of ball I've started rolling! The consultant recommended a referral to a psychologist, but I'm kinda hoping that I might just be able to get a straightforward referral to CBT or something similar without actually needing to see a psychologist. I guess just see what the GP thinks!

Hope everyone's doing well!

well done! that's awesome :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hopefully will have an appointment with GP next week to discuss mh issues, after my consultant for a physical illness finally got round to writing to them (only took a month!!). Guess I'm kinda scared about what might happen and what sort of ball I've started rolling! The consultant recommended a referral to a psychologist, but I'm kinda hoping that I might just be able to get a straightforward referral to CBT or something similar without actually needing to see a psychologist. I guess just see what the GP thinks!

Hope everyone's doing well!

Good luck! :smile: You might find it useful to have a read of this website, so you'll know what to expect - it's nothing scary, and remember that you'll be a lot happier and healthier once you've got your MH problems under control. :hugs:
Back from my interview, really hope I get it, please please please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Nah, it's not your fault my brain makes weird connections the whole time! :lol: And it got Pompeii out of my head for the first time in dauys, which can only be good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing wrong with Bastille being stuck in your head! Even if Pompeii is the most overplayed song ever >.<
Original post by SweetNothing
Back from my interview, really hope I get it, please please please

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would pray for you if i was religious, but since i'm not have my luck instead x] :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
Nothing wrong with Bastille being stuck in your head! Even if Pompeii is the most overplayed song ever >.<

I don't know, "Rockstar" by Nickelback was just, urgh. What annoyed me most was that i liked them back when they were small, and then a year after they released that album, the music video made people go crazy for it. Then everyone jumped on the hate band wagon because radios overplayed that one song... :shakecane:
rmhumphries
:confused:

Did you know anything about the boiler needing servicing? Guy just phoned and wants to come round tomorrow.
Original post by Meaty_man
I would pray for you if i was religious, but since i'm not have my luck instead x] :hugs:

That's good enough for me, thank you! :hugs:
Original post by Meaty_man
I don't know, "Rockstar" by Nickelback was just, urgh. What annoyed me most was that i liked them back when they were small, and then a year after they released that album, the music video made people go crazy for it. Then everyone jumped on the hate band wagon because radios overplayed that one song... :shakecane:

I feel you dude! :') I knew about Bastille around 2 years before they'd even released a proper single and they had about 10k views on some of their video's; Pompeii comes out (which was their third released single) - get's a huge push on the radio and on the tv music channels and suddenly everyone loves them. I've been to see them four times and I swear 50% of the people there only know Pompeii -.-

Rockstar is right up there with Pompeii for overplayedness too. Don't know why people dislike Nickelback so much too, they're incredible live and their music is damn good too.
Original post by Deyesy
I feel you dude! :') I knew about Bastille around 2 years before they'd even released a proper single and they had about 10k views on some of their video's; Pompeii comes out (which was their third released single) - get's a huge push on the radio and on the tv music channels and suddenly everyone loves them. I've been to see them four times and I swear 50% of the people there only know Pompeii -.-

Rockstar is right up there with Pompeii for overplayedness too. Don't know why people dislike Nickelback so much too, they're incredible live and their music is damn good too.

I'm not the biggest Bastille fan but their Rhythm of the Night cover (or whatever it was called) was ace!

Latest