The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Audio and Music Technology

Greeting,
I'd like to ask if any one is taking this course, or if there is a student here who is already in that course.

Can someone tell me some more information about the course and the area of High Wycombe ??

Thanks a lot in Advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey dude, I'm starting on the Audio & Music Production course in September. All the info you'll need is here http://bucks.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/BG1AMP1/#.U8cM8PldXhA.

If you want my personal opinion the music department and facilities at Bucks look amazing. Bucks was my second choice at one stage, behind Southampton Solent, but my mind was changed when I came for an open day in Feb. I've worked in and around the music industry for about 10 years now and not many pro studios have half the stuff Bucks has. For me the industry links with Sennheiser, Focusrite, Midas etc are a massive selling point on top of all the facilities. Try and get in touch with one of the lecturers. They were a great help in selling the uni to me.

As for HW as a place, I've only been there a handful of times. Plenty of shops/stuff to do. From what I've read on here nightlife is average apart from the SU but there's plenty of pubs. I'm sure a current/former student can sell the town better than me.
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Hi stormrider.

If you wanted some general information, please click here to visit the course page for more information. If you wanted a course brochure for Audio and Music, then please email in your full name and address to [email protected] and we will be happy to send one out to you.

With regards to High Wycombe as an area, we are based in the Chilterns, so there is lots of countryside surrounding our campus, which is great during the summer! However, direct trains to London only take half an hour! There are lots of things to do in High Wycombe itself. There is a huge cinema, a bowling alley, loads of great shops and cafes. With regards to nightlife, there are quite a few clubs in the local area and some great pubs and bars within High Wycombe itself. However, we are very proud of our Student Union! Entry is always free for our students and we do have some great bands that come and play there. There is always something going on at the SU, so click here to check their website! Details of Freshers Week 2014 will be released soon!

Hope that helps,

Bucks New University
Hey thanks a lot. Actually today I accepted the offer from Bucks. For me it was my first choice from the beginning. I'm from Greece and I couldn't visit the University at the Open Days and I wanted to visit also the area because I read about it and had mixed feelings. But I wanted to take the course because the course leader help me so much with some questions I had. I agreed with the facilities. I'm a guitar player and engineer here in Greece too, and from what I saw from the website and from what the course leader informed me, everything sounds amazing. Owenb4 glad we will be in the same course and glad to meet someone.
Reply 4
Hey, I'm starting the same course in September but haven't got any accommodation info, you guys got any info about it yet? Or is it just me...
I contacted the accomodation office and they told me that they are preparing a new online system for all the University accomodation services. It will be up and running in mid August and will contact all students to apply until then. Kiss Army this is great to have a girl in the class. Do you also have any intrument education ? I play electric guitar and so owenb4 :smile: If you sing we can start forming a band guys :smile:
Reply 6
Oh that's good, i did get in touch but i keep getting an infinte loop orf the same message. Pretty glad you explained that haha wonder if i'll be the only female in class :P

Sorry Stormrider i'm no singer unfortunately. But i can play guitar and bass fairly well so we could see about the band, that'd be cool! Can't wait to start, what accomodation are you guys hoping for?
Kissarmy I'm searching for for a private accommodation because I will not be able to live in the university's rooms. It's quite challenging because the one bedroom properties are limited and I'm searching through zoopla and righmove and until right now I found only two properties. The problem is that I'm from Greece and I don't know if the agency will have the properties available until the August 11th. Are you into any accommodation hunting as well ?
Reply 8
Oh my, Stormrider that seems like quite a lot of hassle, i doubt i'd have the patience :s-smilie: i am hoping to be going into Hughenden Halls. This way i can spend the first year with all the uni life (fingers crossed its not too outrageous lol) then im hoping to go into shared accommodation for the rest of the time at Uni.

Do you live over here, or are you coming straight from Greece? :smile:
I'm coming in August 11th to meet some agents. I have arrange to view some properties and then hope to Let one soon. Where are you from Kissarmy ?
Reply 10
Oh that should go well for you I hope, at least it's not too expensive around that area though :smile: I'm just from near Hastings in the south east XD it's all gonna be strange for us isn't it haha
It is gonna be strange for sure... Hope to meet and be a good team all together
Reply 12
I hope so! I look forward to it all and hopefully it'll be as fun as we hope :smile:
Sure it will ... keep the good spirit up and we all have to learn something from each other :smile:
I'm starting in September on this course! The equipment looks so good and can't wait to start.

Got my accommodation sorted today, I'm at Hughenden Park.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also starting in September on this course. Can't wait to start
Reply 16
Hey guys

I'll be joining you on this course too. Can't wait to get started now.

I'll be in Hughenden Park as well just got the confirmation e-mail.
We might aswell get to know eachother on here. What type of music is everyone into?

I'm into Hip Hop
Reply 18
I mainly play guitar but I've just bought a bass to mess about with. I'm into almost all forms of rock music, mainly punk rock though.
Original post by James Goldspink
We might aswell get to know eachother on here. What type of music is everyone into?

I'm into Hip Hop

I'm mainly into Pop-punk and hardcore but I'm open minded and hip hop is also a love of mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending