The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Anyone living in Mill Hall at Brunel 2014

Hey guys, anyone living in Mill Hall? If so what year are you in and what room are you in?

Scroll to see replies

Hey just got my accommodation sorted room 033 what about you?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Yareexamsathing

On the third floor room 326
ahh i was hoping i wouldn't be on the ground floor when i applied :frown: what course you doing?
Reply 4
ahh i was hoping i wouldn't be on the ground floor when i applied :frown: what course you doing?

im a third year econ student
Reply 5

wbu
Oh right just about to start product design engineering. Have you stayed in mill hall before whats it like?
Reply 7
Mill hall is amazing, I know the rooms are small but it was the party hall the year before last, the good the is there is like 100 people on the floor, so you are bound to make friends with a lot of people, especially when you are bored always someone there.

yes the rooms are small, IMO best place to eb on campus right next to bar/club/costcutter/lecture centre
if your ground floor its all boys, but honestly its not bad
Ahh that's a shame if its just guys do people mix between the floors though? I'm really looking forward to it though. I seem to remember they have lots of places to store bikes too?
Reply 9
Ahh that's a shame if its just guys do people mix between the floors though? I'm really looking forward to it though. I seem to remember they have lots of places to store bikes too?

Bikes, No idea mate, really never had a bike or saw anyone with a bike. Yeah I suppose during freshers, literally mix with everyone esp the party hosters, always be friendly. It will be good, I had fun also right next to bus stop to go into town/come back

My room is in the ground floor as well. Was devestated when i found out but what can you do.
Reply 11
Original post by mhassan
My room is in the ground floor as well. Was devestated when i found out but what can you do.

mate dont worry about it, its first year enjoy it make the most of mill you'll meet some great people then next year you can get a flat if needed to be
Thanks can't wait for freshers guess people will be having parties all the time so won't be too big an issue being on a guys only floor. Will be good to be so close to the gym as well
Reply 13
If I haven't received an offer as of yet, is it safe to assume they'll put me in Mill Hall?
Reply 14
Original post by Nalkin
If I haven't received an offer as of yet, is it safe to assume they'll put me in Mill Hall?

depends if they space left at mill hall too
Original post by CMPUNK
mate dont worry about it, its first year enjoy it make the most of mill you'll meet some great people then next year you can get a flat if needed to be

Ok, I'll try not to. How is economics?. I'm going to study economics and accounting. Both courses have similar modules, i was wondering how much maths content there is in economics and if it is more difficult than A level maths. I'm quite bad at maths, only managed to scrape a C in AS maths. I also heard their Is a module called econometrics which is a killer.
Reply 16
Original post by mhassan
Ok, I'll try not to. How is economics?. I'm going to study economics and accounting. Both courses have similar modules, i was wondering how much maths content there is in economics and if it is more difficult than A level maths. I'm quite bad at maths, only managed to scrape a C in AS maths. I also heard their Is a module called econometrics which is a killer.

haha theres differentiation for the economics maths modules, but is quite easy for first year and everyone doing econ/econ accounting/ econ business finance/ finance accounting all you guys are doing the same modules first year so you have the opportunity to change into something else if you dont want to stick to it. Econometrics is a second year module and it seems to be portrayed as hard but most people i know got atleast a B+ on it.
Original post by CMPUNK
haha theres differentiation for the economics maths modules, but is quite easy for first year and everyone doing econ/econ accounting/ econ business finance/ finance accounting all you guys are doing the same modules first year so you have the opportunity to change into something else if you dont want to stick to it. Econometrics is a second year module and it seems to be portrayed as hard but most people i know got atleast a B+ on it.

Thats good then thanks. would you say the degree is a big jump from a levels and is it difficult to achieve a 1st classs degree.
Reply 18
Original post by mhassan
Thats good then thanks. would you say the degree is a big jump from a levels and is it difficult to achieve a 1st classs degree.

just put the work in, but remember its first year so it wont count unless u want to do a placement year
Reply 19
In Mill Hall too, room 009 ground floor, was a bit worried about it at first looking around seeing it had not as good a reputation as I would have hoped but to be honest it's perfect for me, can't wait to begin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending