The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iggy Azalea
Yeah, I am very much looking forward to resitting SN1. It went horribly wrong, I called my sister a drunk and was actually really rude to the examiner. I said 'como he dicho antes' (as I said before) in such a sarcastic manner. The worst bit was that I forgot until the last minute to use the subjunctive, so I immediately changed all my tenses into the subjunctive in the last minute. I got a B though (quite close to an A strangely enough), so the examiner must have felt my pain that day. :biggrin:

SN1 was a nightmare for me too. The examiner showed up 2 hours late, there was a mix-up with candidate numbers that led to them having to ring my school (all of this is happening at our partner school), the examiner is full of cold and has a sneezing fit at one point, I don't put in any of the flash expressions I wanted to and then I walk out with the bit of paper with my notes on and get on the minibus back to school! It was a comedy of errors and I'm quite surprised I did as well as I did.
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I wish we'd had January exams :frown: 10 exams and an oral was a killer

See mine was the opposite I had a few exams crammed together and then long breaks between the clusters of exams, it just meant I got demotivated and bored though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was so jealous of those people who had exams after half term!! You did not want my timetable!! I looked like death itself during that time, having about 4 hours sleep a night :colondollar:
Original post by Katie97
I was so jealous of those people who had exams after half term!! You did not want my timetable!! I looked like death itself during that time, having about 4 hours sleep a night :colondollar:

5 weeks of exams was a killer though especially when all my friends were going out :frown:
I can see how exams too close together is pretty rubbish too though

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 weeks of exams was a killer though especially when all my friends were going out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 6 exams on my first 2 days, then about 19 days left for 9 other exams :lol:
I really like my exam time table tbf ^_^ (tho the first 2 days are gonna be hell)

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine was similar i started early because of two speaking exams then i had two weeks of like 8 exams and the last three spread out over more than three weeks -.- i didnt go out during exams either so everyone was going to clubs etc and inviting me but i just sat a home trying to revise :frown:
Original post by Bude8
I have 6 exams on my first 2 days, then about 19 days left for 9 other exams :lol:
I really like my exam time table tbf ^_^ (tho the first 2 days are gonna be hell)

Never realised ib involved so many exams :O are they earlier than a level sittings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

Yo
You've motivated me to look up my exam timetable now, yay?
Original post by Meli.Hardege
mine was similar i started early because of two speaking exams then i had two weeks of like 8 exams and the last three spread out over more than three weeks -.- i didnt go out during exams either so everyone was going to clubs etc and inviting me but i just sat a home trying to revise :frown:

That's what I tried to do although I actually went to a party the week before my last 2 exams oops haha
What subjects did you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My schools results weren't great. I know atleast 10 people got kicked out for not passing anything. Other people are just going to college or getting an apprenticeship instead of coming back for year 13. There's going to be hardly anyone in my year :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautyviews
My schools results weren't great. I know atleast 10 people got kicked out for not passing anything. Other people are just going to college or getting an apprenticeship instead of coming back for year 13. There's going to be hardly anyone in my year:hmmm:

That sounds rough! I guess at least if there's less people in your year there'll be a better teacher:student ratio.
So if these provisional exam timetables go to plan I've got a clash with Music and Spanish, which is great -___-
Original post by blamethenargles
That sounds rough! I guess at least if there's less people in your year there'll be a better teacher:student ratio.

Sure is! If you had a green star on your envelope you knew you were out haha. Some of my friends passed but still want to go to college, I don't see the point myself but I suppose they have to do what's best for them! I didn't look at it like that and I guess I won't be as distracted in lessons :tongue:
So if these provisional exam timetables go to plan I've got a clash with Music and Spanish, which is great -___-

I have Law unit 3 and French clash :eek: praying that changes or i will cry in a hole :eek: :eek:
Original post by beautyviews
Sure is! If you had a green star on your envelope you knew you were out haha. Some of my friends passed but still want to go to college, I don't see the point myself but I suppose they have to do what's best for them! I didn't look at it like that and I guess I won't be as distracted in lessons :tongue:

Oh, I like how they've turned the tables on the star which is normally a symbol of praise and achievement into something that's bad. Unless they count being kicked out as an achievement? Who knows.
Maybe it will help you improve your grades? All my friends are in my classes this year (they weren't last year) so I'm probably going to be either more distracted or happier? Who knows.

I have Law unit 3 and French clash :eek: praying that changes or i will cry in a hole :eek: :eek:

Hopefully if there are a few clashes then they'll change them around? Music and Spanish are on different exam boards for me though :/
When are the finalised exam timetables released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully if there are a few clashes then they'll change them around? Music and Spanish are on different exam boards for me though :/

I really hope so if not its going to be a fun day for me :frown:
Reply 496
Where are the exam timetables?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WishfulDesire
HEY!

I was born in Bangor and lived in Anglesey, so North! :smile:

totes same. Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you at? :smile:

Near Boston, unfortunately :tongue:

However far enough outside so that the sky is nice and dark :3
That's what I tried to do although I actually went to a party the week before my last 2 exams oops haha
What subjects did you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i went on a pretty messy night out before my last exam but i had nearly ten days to wait so it was fine:wink:.. I did A2 German then AS French, Maths and Law :smile: you?
I really hope so if not its going to be a fun day for me :frown:

I hope so too! I won't be able to cope with five hours of exams...

Original post by Jams97
Where are the exam timetables?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just search for your exam board for June 2015. They're only provisional ones right now though, I'm not sure when they are finalised.

Latest