The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WolvesLad
Has anyone bought or going to buy the mega ticket for freshers? I'm not 100% about buying at the moment

I've bought the Monster Ticket, i've spoken to friends who have been at Brookes for a year and they said the nights on it are loads better
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Has anyone bought or going to buy the mega ticket for freshers? I'm not 100% about buying at the moment

I'm not sure yet either, as your flatmates may have different tickets. I'm tempted to wait but then they will probably be sold out..
Original post by Heather0502
I'm not sure yet either, as your flatmates may have different tickets. I'm tempted to wait but then they will probably be sold out..

Same here, but im thinking i'll probably end up spending more on entry fees than the £30 the ticket cost so i probably will buy it if there are any left
Same here, but im thinking i'll probably end up spending more on entry fees than the £30 the ticket cost so i probably will buy it if there are any left

Erm, what tickets are these? O.o

That starts on 13th September! :eek: I thought people only started to move in on 15th September :confused::confused:
Original post by Choppie
That starts on 13th September! :eek: I thought people only started to move in on 15th September :confused::confused:

I haven't the foggiest idea when were meant to start moving in
Original post by Choppie

Move in dates are officially the 13th/14th (Saturday and Sunday) - you'll have a time slot to arrive in based on the initial of your last name. It's all up on the accommodation pages, and on your PIP. :smile:
Original post by Nadindins
I've bought the Monster Ticket, i've spoken to friends who have been at Brookes for a year and they said the nights on it are loads better

I've heard the same thing - so I've gone for the Monster one too ^.^
Got a bit nervous for a while, I was only hearing about people getting the Mega ticket...
Original post by Choppie

Freshers week officially starts the 15th. We move in on the 13th-14th. You are allocated an arrival time depending on your surname. The thing that's frustrating is as my surname begins with W I'll be the last guy showing up. I think I read somewhere you can request to move in even earlier than this though, you just need to ask permission.
Has anyone done the online enrollment?
Original post by KehRawwr
I've heard the same thing - so I've gone for the Monster one too ^.^
Got a bit nervous for a while, I was only hearing about people getting the Mega ticket...

Is there a difference between the monster ticket and the mega ticket or are they the same thing?
Is there a difference between the monster ticket and the mega ticket or are they the same thing?

They're totally different tickets with totally different nights/events :smile:
Yeah I'm the same, I'm an S so I'll have to move in late :\ though I don't want to move in Sunday. I hear a lot of people just turn up but I think I'll just request to come earlier.

And yes, I've completed the online enrolment although it was a while ago now and my memory is useless :s-smilie: sorry
Reply 874

I also brought the Monster Ticket, I just hope I know some people going ... :smile:

I've got my monster ticket too!! So excited!

Does anyone know if you can move in on either the 13th/14th, or do you get allocated the day aswell? :-)
Did anyone buy the freshers ice breaker tickets on the student union website?
I brought the ice breaker ticket off the union website, but I think I'm gonna buy the monster ticket as well!
anyone going to brookes this year but missed the open days ~(hasn't been before?)
Original post by SabelNoire
anyone going to brookes this year but missed the open days ~(hasn't been before?)

I didn't go to the open day but I did have one private tour

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending