The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by O133
Yeah, La Haine is black and white.

I have seen Les Choristes, my teacher showed me it one lesson when I was the only person in and she didn't want to teach, less to say about it than La Haine though.

Apparently the WJEC do say don't teach a region for the exam, they're forced to offer it but don't do it - I'm not sure if that applies equally to the exposé where you can talk about anything you like.

Please do create a thread though!

Hmmmm... La haine is too, I don't know. Probably because I watched it when I hated French lessons

Oh I mean for the expose

Original post by Meli.Hardege
I honestly have no idea might be worth having a look at a mark scheme from other boards and comparing?

You can join us if you want :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49589409
Original post by O133
It's not bad, very deep though!

Yeah I agree! However everyone had a good laugh when my teacher (who is the most awkward man alive) was reading the bit about Mersault and Marie flirting at the beach haha!

I really like La Haine! I was reading that the cow Vince sees represents death in Jewish, so it was kind of a giveaway that he would die later on in the film!
Reply 542
Original post by blamethenargles
I hope so too! I won't be able to cope with five hours of exams...

Just search for your exam board for June 2015. They're only provisional ones right now though, I'm not sure when they are finalised.

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahah ooo i will do thanks :')
Original post by overthelove
Yeah I agree! However everyone had a good laugh when my teacher (who is the most awkward man alive) was reading the bit about Mersault and Marie flirting at the beach haha!

I really like La Haine! I was reading that the cow Vince sees represents death in Jewish, so it was kind of a giveaway that he would die later on in the film!

When they stay the night at Meursault's my teacher came up with "it probably wasn't the twin bead situation". :biggrin:

Haven't done enormous amounts of research into La Haine (bar trying to make sense of Grunwalski) although I've written and handed in my exposé.
Original post by O133
When they stay the night at Meursault's my teacher came up with "it probably wasn't the twin bead situation". :biggrin:

Haven't done enormous amounts of research into La Haine (bar trying to make sense of Grunwalski) although I've written and handed in my exposé.

That's hilarious :tongue: and you've already written it? You're very prepared !
Yay new thread :eek:......Yeah I'm a bit late :rolleyes:

How do you become a TSR Mod?
That's hilarious :tongue: and you've already written it? You're very prepared !

Not really, they messed up next year's timetable (the same teacher btw who forgot to teach a whole section of the GCSE Biol syllabus) so the teacher that does the film won't actually have us next year. We've had to do the film this year instead, which will make revising for the oral interesting to say the least.
Original post by O133
Not really, they messed up next year's timetable (the same teacher btw who forgot to teach a whole section of the GCSE Biol syllabus) so the teacher that does the film won't actually have us next year. We've had to do the film this year instead, which will make revising for the oral interesting to say the least.

Bloody hell - that must've been so stressful! That teacher is a bit of an idiot :tongue: If you've survived it once you can survive it again I'm sure!
Bloody hell - that must've been so stressful! That teacher is a bit of an idiot :tongue: If you've survived it once you can survive it again I'm sure!

And now our head's retired he would have been second in command this coming year, thankfully someone else has been promoted to that role instead!
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ah wow which subjects do you do for each?

Posted from TSR Mobile

HL Maths, Chemistry, Physics
SL English, Latin, Economics
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Yay new thread :eek:......Yeah I'm a bit late :rolleyes:

How do you become a TSR Mod?

You get considered by Section Leaders and higher up members, or you can get nominated. Basically if you post informative posts and stick to the rules, and if you've been an active member for a long time, then you could be considered.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=how_pay_someone_else#faq_general_become_a_moderator
I have to say i'm not really enjoying my work experience as much as I thought I would :frown: :/
Original post by techno836
I have to say i'm not really enjoying my work experience as much as I thought I would :frown: :/

Sorry to hear that :console: . Where are you working?

You know I want to be a vet, but I spent a week at an absolutely horrible practice a few weeks ago. It's still not the worst placement I've done (*shudders thinking of the dog grooming parlour a year ago* never again... ), long story short I won't let it put me off as other placements have been amazing. Please don't let this discourage you :smile: :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Sorry to hear that :console: . Where are you working?

You know I want to be a vet, but I spent a week at an absolutely horrible practice a few weeks ago. It's still not the worst placement I've done (*shudders thinking of the dog grooming parlour a year ago* never again... ), long story short I won't let it put me off as other placements have been amazing. Please don't let this discourage you :smile: :hugs:

Oh it's definitely not discouraged me because i'd love to be able to do what the doctor/nurses are doing but because i'm there 9-5 and i don't do anything and i just observe, but the worst part is because i've been on the same clinic for 2 days :frown: i'm hoping i get to go onto a different department tomorrow (or into theatre) but the scheme seems fairly dis-organised so i'm doubtful and not looking forward to it that much :lol:

Does make it slightly worse that i could be busy at work earning money though ;D
Oh it's definitely not discouraged me because i'd love to be able to do what the doctor/nurses are doing but because i'm there 9-5 and i don't do anything and i just observe, but the worst part is because i've been on the same clinic for 2 days :frown: i'm hoping i get to go onto a different department tomorrow (or into theatre) but the scheme seems fairly dis-organised so i'm doubtful and not looking forward to it that much :lol:

Does make it slightly worse that i could be busy at work earning money though ;D

If it's bothering you and not making your experience worthwhile, why don't you talk to someone higher up about it? Or maybe ask if you can help the doctors and nurses?

I feel you, I sometimes find it difficult to appear interested and enthusiastic without being annoying. Unfortunately observation is a huge part of work experience for us, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a great opportunity :smile: . Obviously you're seeing things different to what I see on placements, but I still try to make the most of everything even when all I can do is watch. I try to take in how patients are restrained, and how simple tasks are carried out (e.g. most vets inject dogs with the needle aiming towards the head when giving vaccines). Try to think of what you've seen a lot of (consultations? wounds being dressed?) and see if you could talk somebody through it step-by-step :smile: Do ask questions and ask if you can do things, if you don't ask you don't get and the worst that can happen is that they say no.

Hope it gets better for you soon :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blamethenargles
If it's bothering you and not making your experience worthwhile, why don't you talk to someone higher up about it? Or maybe ask if you can help the doctors and nurses?

I'm going ask see if I can look into another department or clinic tomorrow for sure! There's only so much you can see in ENT :lol: I will hopefully be able to the SHO's and doctors are all friendly they're just all busy with paperwork catch-up when they're not with a patient :lol:

I have learned there's ALOT of paper work, like every consultation you have to write notes, time and sign them. then make a dictate copy, and also make 2 letters ( 1 for GP and one to stay in file ) all incase of Law sues :lol:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I feel you, I sometimes find it difficult to appear interested and enthusiastic without being annoying. Unfortunately observation is a huge part of work experience for us, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a great opportunity :smile: . Obviously you're seeing things different to what I see on placements, but I still try to make the most of everything even when all I can do is watch. I try to take in how patients are restrained, and how simple tasks are carried out (e.g. most vets inject dogs with the needle aiming towards the head when giving vaccines). Try to think of what you've seen a lot of (consultations? wounds being dressed?) and see if you could talk somebody through it step-by-step :smile: Do ask questions and ask if you can do things, if you don't ask you don't get and the worst that can happen is that they say no.

Hope it gets better for you soon :smile:

and i did try but i still get PRSOM on you :lol:
I'm going ask see if I can look into another department or clinic tomorrow for sure! There's only so much you can see in ENT :lol: I will hopefully be able to the SHO's and doctors are all friendly they're just all busy with paperwork catch-up when they're not with a patient :lol:

I have learned there's ALOT of paper work, like every consultation you have to write notes, time and sign them. then make a dictate copy, and also make 2 letters ( 1 for GP and one to stay in file ) all incase of Law sues :lol:

Good! I hope it all work out for you :-)
That explains why a doctor's handwriting is typically messy and unidentifiable then!!! That is a lot ><

Latest