Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by NuriaM
Like the title states, ask away;

I'm studying Chemical Engineering btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where do you study?
Reply 2
would be doing a third year of a levels be frowned upon??
Reply 3
Original post by jay2013
Where do you study?

I'm studying at Teesside University in the North East (Middlesbrough)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by fuzka

Really depends on the grades u got before that or if ur reason for doing a 3rd year. If ur doing multiple A levels it could be seen as u don't knowing what u want to do, or not having a sense of direction in terms of Uni course. U would need to have some explanation about y ur doing a 3rd year as some Uni's ask for A level completion within 2 years. But if u have a valid reason then it should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
got BBB and that isnt good enough for chemical engineering
Reply 6
Original post by fuzka

My mate did an extra year for his A Levels (3 years in total), although he studied medicine.
Reply 7
Original post by jay2013
My mate did an extra year for his A Levels (3 years in total), although he studied medicine.

Wow, I thought that universities wouldnt allow third year resits for medicine applicants
Reply 8
Original post by fuzka
Wow, I thought that universities wouldnt allow third year resits for medicine applicants

I honestly don't know about medicine applicants and third year A Level resits! But this was a few years ago anyway (he started medicine in 08 and has just graduated this summer).
Reply 9
Original post by fuzka
got BBB and that isnt good enough for chemical engineering

Do u mean to ask if it's good enough?
Depends on the Uni eg I believe Aston Uni, Teesside Uni, Hull etc. accept students with that grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by fuzka

Yh me too I thought the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
What are your job prospects like?. Do you have a graduate job already lined up?. and paid internships?
Reply 12
Original post by fuzka
What are your job prospects like?. Do you have a graduate job already lined up?. and paid internships?

The job prospects at my Uni is very good according to their statistics 90% of engineering graduates have a grad position 6 months after graduating. I've done quite a lot of work experience during Uni, two years in industry (3 summer internships 4 months each and a year placement) plus a year as lab technician assistant at the Uni. This had opened a lot of doors for me and I have 4 offers lined up for grad positions I just need to go to the assessment centres or do an interview when the time comes. Of course doing a year placement and extra curricular activities is enough or getting any sort of industrial placement ie summer placements is very good :smile:. All the internships have been paid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Did you do Meng or Beng and do you have to do a year placement?
Reply 14
Original post by fuzka

All have been paid apart from the assistant lab tech at the Uni which was voluntary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by fuzka
Did you do Meng or Beng and do you have to do a year placement?

I'm doing a Beng and I completed a placement year. U don't need to do a placement year it's optional, I decided to because I was given an opportunity after completing a summer placement. Regardless of whether ur doing a Beng or Meng u will be given the chance to do a year placement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
At which companies did you do your placements with?
Reply 17
Original post by Phlange
At which companies did you do your placements with?

- ConocoPhillips for my year placement
- Sembcorp utilities (a Singaporean energy company based in the north east)
- Air products (for the build of their new energy from waste plant)
- Sonangol oil and gas (this company was abroad in Angola, this is Angola's biggest oil and gas company and was a jointed placement with Bp and ExxonMobil as they were working on a project together)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
What language do you think in?
Example first year timetable?

Quick Reply

Latest