The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MATHSPOW!!
This time next year we will joke at how the year 11's are worried for their gcse's :smile:

I wouldn't haha...
I know but it's the only thing everyone's had to focus on for months and months so it's exciting to see how it's all turned out really. This time next year we will joke at how the year 11's are worried for their gcse's :smile:

I don't remember looking at anything for GCSE, I didn't come on TSR or look at this or anything.
Original post by JayJay-C19
But they do :s-smilie:

Everyone keeps saying this and they do matter.

They really don't in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: But good luck and everything :h:
Original post by TeenReem
So in 28 mins ? You better be right or ill send my troops to hang you sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I accidentally read hang as bang xD
Aye aye, don't pin this on me, I'm just repeating what everyone else is hyping over :/ but I hope so too, if p.e grade boundaries have gone down a victory dance will be due
Reply 304
I'm so nervous now ahh
But they do :s-smilie:

Everyone keeps saying this and they do matter.

This.
Reply 306
a* was 164 though ?? 1 mark lower but yeh wasn't the A grade increased

By 2marks:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Original post by Solivagant

But they do... employers are using them even more to distinguish between candidates, as are universities and without GCSEs you wouldn't really do A-Levels and without them, you wouldn't really do a degree and then without that, nowadays, work is scarce.

I would argue that they count for more than people give them credit for doing.

EDIT: But good luck and everything :h:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Pokémontrainer
This.

Thank you! Someone agrees, finally.
By bum hurts just by the thought of results day...
Original post by lyricalvibe
I accidentally read hang as bang xD
Aye aye, don't pin this on me, I'm just repeating what everyone else is hyping over :/ but I hope so too, if p.e grade boundaries have gone down a victory dance will be due

Troop actions can be unpredictable. Their intentions may change a d before they hang you they may bang you... Still don't know why you read it like that but I just you use the internet less. These are symptoms that you are 'over using it'. Please take care with caution next time sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People the AQA boundaries are only released to teachers with permission at midnight but us lot will have to wait until 8am.
But they do... employers are using them even more to distinguish between candidates, as are universities and without GCSEs you wouldn't really do A-Levels and without them, you wouldn't really do a degree and then without that, nowadays, work is scarce.

They really aren't a good representation of ability though. I coasted through them, did little work, as did quite a few people I know, and ended up with similar grades to people who worked their arses off. Not really fair, but I'm not complaining :lol:

At the end of the day, education doesn't really matter, it's just a distraction for a while until you get into the real world and live a miserable life before you end up killing yourself in your mid 30s because everything is **** and you can't take it anymore.
Original post by Angelo12231
Can't wait.

I know! :colondollar: I'm most scared of maths. Hopefully they will be low because I don't think that I have performed my best in that particular exam... :frown:

How did you guys find the maths exam? I'm kinda scared...

Would have to agree on that one. To make it in the world of world you've got to secure that first job and you're not going to have much to show for yourself at around 16 other than a few gcse's so it's worth putting the effort in to stand out.
Edexcel - 7 min?

It's an extremely important time for us GCSE students as we need grades for sixth form and potentially for top universities and people saying 'they don't matter' kind of undermines our hard work tbh. :s-smilie: Which Edexcel exams are you waiting on for boundaries? :smile:

Another person agrees too.

I reckon Edexcel have screwed over most of the grade boundaries, so I'm not feeling optimistic.
They really aren't a good representation of ability though. I coasted through them, did little work, as did quite a few people I know, and ended up with similar grades to people who worked their arses off. Not really fair, but I'm not complaining :lol:

At the end of the day, education doesn't really matter, it's just a distraction for a while until you get into the real world and live a miserable life before you end up killing yourself in your mid 30s because everything is **** and you can't take it anymore.

But see that point just proves it... you had the natural flair to get through. I certainly couldn't have done that, I would have completely failed.

That's so incorrect, if doctors, lawyers, etc. weren't educated, we wouldn't have them. So many things require education. The device you are using to type these messages would not have been possible without a gradually increased level of education that guided someone to the idea. Of course, they probably always had that potential but education brings it out.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and it may be right for you but I'd say it's pretty ludicrous to decide education is essentially irrelevant.

Latest