The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I got 162/200 for Maths:frown::frown:
Original post by Black Rose
I think it may be a bug then. Why do you want to change it anyway? What will you change it to? :smile:

i want to take out the '1 hour' part ahaha
If an A* in AQA Chemistry C2 or C3 is less than 50/60 I will be suprised and super happy you have no idea
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pheoa101
I know they are so low! i thought i would get a B or something but so far its looking good!

I counted the max marks I could get realistically in the exam and got 58 so I was really scared bc the grade boundaries are normally like 60/80 for an A* on Unit 1 ahaha
I'm confused - the OCR has posted a PDF that supposedly holds both November 2013 and June 2014 grade boundaries, but people on here are saying they wouldn't release the boundaries until 6am? Does that mean that the boundaries displayed are what would have been for November 2013?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/152964-unit-level-ums-grade-boundaries-november-2013-january-and-june-2014.pdf
Original post by Angelo12231
i want to take out the '1 hour' part ahaha
I think it's fine, the title change may mislead people to the purpose of this thread. If you just took the '1 hour' part out the title and thread wouldn't make sense.. if had it as just 'Edexcel Grade Boundaries' people might assume you're discussing them..
It certainly did :redface: Planning to sleep anytime soon? :tongue:

I want to but I sleep like 6ish everyday so yeah, how about you?
Original post by kaiwid23
I counted the max marks I could get realistically in the exam and got 58 so I was really scared bc the grade boundaries are normally like 60/80 for an A* on Unit 1 ahaha

Yeah, I think I got around 51 or 52, so I might be able to snag that A*
Original post by kaiwid23
According to their website, OCR isn't out until 6 AM on results day :/ but that's ok for me bc I only did geography on OCR and I care about that the least :smile: :smile: :smile:

ahh thats fine, tbh I only did textiles and don't really care too much about that grade haha, dont care most about geography with edexcel I completely gave up, good luck on thursday, wait, thats tomorrow eeek :3
Original post by Invest
I want to but I sleep like 6ish everyday so yeah, how about you?

My sleep pattern has been pretty messed up (from as early as 3am-8am :colondollar:) I think I went to bed by 2am last night but didn't sleep 'til 5 :tongue: I think tonight might be like that too :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm so happy that Geography B grade boundaries have been significantly obtainable. :P I feel a bit better.
Original post by basham97
I'm so happy that Geography B grade boundaries have been significantly obtainable. :P I feel a bit better.

i didnt revise until the day for geographys, will be happy with a pass haha :3
Original post by ella_chloe
i didnt revise until the day for geographys, will be happy with a pass haha :3

An A* for "People and Planet" is only 52/78
An A* for "Dynamic Planet" is only 60/78

Me personally, I would like an A :smile: So it's only like 45/78
Original post by Basim97
Where is the link cant find it?

It's on the first page of this thread, from the OP. Then you have to use the drop down menus on the page to get to 2014, GCSE June, then Hospitality and Catering Unit 1/2/3/4. I did unit 2 and I'm so happy with the boundaries! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
I got 2B 5C (B in Maths, C in English) at GCSE and now I'm off to Warwick this September to study Mathematics.

Don't worry too much about GCSEs, as cliche as it sounds, they don't matter all that much beyond C in Maths & English and unless you're applying for medicine. Employers will not use GCSEs to differentiate candidates, perhaps a-levels but moreso degree qualification is the best differential which most employers will use. So if you get ''average'' GCSEs like mine its not the end of the world, employers won't care, only medicine admissions tutors (I got an interview at Cambridge as well, and their feedback showed that there were reasons other than my GCSEs for rejection.)

I got A*A*A so don't listen to the people saying ''GCSEs represent your true ability'' because its a load of tosh
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RoseMorelli
I'm confused - the OCR has posted a PDF that supposedly holds both November 2013 and June 2014 grade boundaries, but people on here are saying they wouldn't release the boundaries until 6am? Does that mean that the boundaries displayed are what would have been for November 2013?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/152964-unit-level-ums-grade-boundaries-november-2013-january-and-june-2014.pdf

They are the UMS boundaries - they are the same every year (90% for an A*, 80% for an A etc.). It's the raw boundaries you'd be interested in. :smile:
My sleep pattern has been pretty messed up (from as early as 3am-8am :colondollar:) I think I went to bed by 2am last night but didn't sleep 'til 5 :tongue: I think tonight might be like that too :tongue:

I'm gone sleep less so I will be tired throughout day and can fall asleep easier for the big day
Original post by usycool1
They are the UMS boundaries - they are the same every year (90% for an A*, 80% for an A etc.). It's the raw boundaries you'd be interested in. :smile:

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much! I was so worried! I can go relax for four hours now, hahaha! x
Original post by RoseMorelli
Oh my gosh, thank you SO much! I was so worried! I can go relax for four hours now, hahaha! x

You are welcome!

Good luck for results! :smile:

Latest