The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
Seeing a new doctor tomorrow, kinda scared. I need to ask about a letter for mitigating circumstances, something to help with anxiety, and stuff for my eczema.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck and I hope everything goes OK for you. :hugs:
My exhaustion has caught up with me. Hopefully I will get some decent hours tonight.
Original post by Star-girl
Good luck and I hope everything goes OK for you. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Up late again? How are things? What you up to?
Original post by alexs2602
Up late again? How are things? What you up to?

Yeah :sadnod: I have the worst sleeping pattern, it's a discipline problem, I need someone to enforce a sleeping schedule on me haha

I'm ok I guess, issues with a supposed 'friend' but I'm hoping it'll end with us not being friends any more

Not up to much, just finished watching a series of a tv show and now I'm trying and failing to sleep haha. Got to be up by half 8 tomorrow so need to get to sleep at some point :tongue:

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Had a fantastic evening yesterday :redface: Watched a great film, wrote in diary, and had fun times on chat/with scrabble with MHSS peeps :ahee:
Today's been more relaxed/slow, but feeling more comfortable with Auntie and people here definitely :redface: Not sure what to do tomorrow, might go to cinema or something :smile:
Sounds as though they're going to be having early starts/before 10-11ish (my wake up time), so won't be getting breakfast/getting in their way or anything :redface:

Thanks for the hugs, I don't blame you not knowing what to say, I don't know either :wink:

Glad to hear you had fun with the chatting and scrabble yesterday, I enjoyed it too.

What you planning on seeing at the cinema?

Original post by Star-girl
I am on holiday but I will when I get back. I am sick of this and clearly my efforts at "fixing myself" have so far been not as effective as I had hoped - I've only managed to get worse over the years and there is a limit to how much self-help you can do. I am so crap at asking for help though and that is what got me in such a mess. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

Good luck with talking to your doctor. I know it's really difficult to take that first step of talking to a doctor but if you've felt this way for a long time it's probably not just going to disappear on its own. If you're unsure what to mention you could try asking people here what's important - I'm sure many of us would be able to help clarify things for you.

Original post by Meaty_man
Has any non-medication stuff worked for you at all in the past? What with it being 8 years, i guess you've tried more or less everything. Have any of the things you've tried attempted to confront the voices, as opposed to making them go away? I may be speaking out my arse here, just trying to be helpful, somehow.

------

Had the first bath for a long time, don't have one at my normal place but at my mum's currently. It was so hot i thought i was gonna fall asleep/pass out! :fan: Hands were shaky and legs were giddy when i got out x] So worth it though.

Yes I do shower on a regular basis, i'm not that dirty :tongue: A bath is a luxury for me.

Nah, you're not talking out of your ass I think it's definitely worth trying as much as possible. I'm currently getting CBT but it's more for anxiety than getting the voices to shut up. I did a mindfulness course a few years ago and it was, imo, such a load of total bull**** that I quit after like 5 sessions.I went to a hearing voices group a couple of years back and it made me feel so demotivated that these people were mostly like 40+ and still hearing voices. And yeah, I've tried confronting them a number of times (usually when I get so frustrated that I can't do anything else) and me getting upset like that makes them laugh and encourages them to be even more nasty. Now I just silently put up with them I really don't know what else I can do. :frown:

Sounds good! I love baths, I like watching cartoons on my laptop whilst in the bath :tongue: It's so warm and relaxing. Currently working my way through the last 10 years of the Simpsons.
Reply 646
Hi friends
Hope having gf's brothers been okay today too :smile: Glad the day with mum was good!
Thanks :redface: Had a great evening yesterday so that was nice - not really, got camping with friends in a couple of weeks, then Uni. After Summer I don't know :s-smilie:

yeah was good in the end :smile: played some xbox & chatted then had a nice meal :smile: that's good, can't beat a nice evening! that's cool, something to look forward to at least, you apprehensive about Uni or?
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Being reckless and impulsive does not work with being anxious yet I am all three. Can't do this anymore and need to make positive changes in life.

Hope all you guys are having a great day:smile:
Yeah :sadnod: I have the worst sleeping pattern, it's a discipline problem, I need someone to enforce a sleeping schedule on me haha

I'm ok I guess, issues with a supposed 'friend' but I'm hoping it'll end with us not being friends any more

Not up to much, just finished watching a series of a tv show and now I'm trying and failing to sleep haha. Got to be up by half 8 tomorrow so need to get to sleep at some point :tongue:

What about you?

I think I'm in the same situation. I keep going to sleep between 6 and 7 am. Last couple of nights I've had an hour or two sleep just after midnight and then woken up. Can I join you? I really ought to see a doctor about it myself.

Fingers crossed. Good luck. Stand up for yourself.

I need to sort out sleep soon. I need to study, I have resits. I need to get a train up to my uni town at the weekend, see a gig. All time reliant things over the next 3 weeks-ish. I keep trying to find stuff to entertain me which isn't very productive really. I now have my computer setup where with luck it will be useful. Should mean I shouldn't have to rely on my phone most of the time or be too quiet at night. It should also mean I'll get my arse into gear and get a bit of work done overnight instead of nothing, although I'm not sure that will happen with the time I have left before I go to my uni town.

Ramble below:

Spoiler

PS: I really should have set my computer up here sooner, been all kinds of things that stopped me but it's nice and quiet, I'm alone. I can do what I want, I can be productive. All things I haven't been able to do for what seems like ages.
What is this thread for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 652

Which one? :biggrin: I haven't watched a ton - just nacho libre and school of rock I think :smile:

:frown: I hope yesterday/today have been okay for you :console: If you're sure - do see your GP if you think things are getting much worse, and also here if you ever need to vent/need someone to PM :redface:

The holiday! I know it's technically a christmas film but who cares when its that good :biggrin:

Thaks hun, I was supposed to see my GP again yesterday but didnt go :frown:

Rescheduled for later this week though so hopefully I'll make it this time!

Hope things are good for you! :hugs:
Original post by MJlover
I'm in South West London too, Hounslow to be exact.

My doctor is Chris and it's at Lakeside Mental Health Unit. does that sound familiar?

What are the chances? I used to see Chris...
:rolleyes: I can't sleep. I want to go for a walk but can't so my overanalysing side is taking over. I think I have to make a big decision and am struggling but trying to pass it off as easy. :colondollar:
Original post by Deyesy
I feel you dude! :') I knew about Bastille around 2 years before they'd even released a proper single and they had about 10k views on some of their video's; Pompeii comes out (which was their third released single) - get's a huge push on the radio and on the tv music channels and suddenly everyone loves them. I've been to see them four times and I swear 50% of the people there only know Pompeii -.-

Rockstar is right up there with Pompeii for overplayedness too. Don't know why people dislike Nickelback so much too, they're incredible live and their music is damn good too.

I don't understand why people hate nickelback either! I love some of their stuff! And ofc bastille <3
Original post by Valvopus
I think the fact that you recognise she's trying to make you feel bad is important. Hold onto that, you're not a terrible friend. I wouldn't worry about apologising too much for not being in contact. It's nice to wish someone look but it isn't something you are obligated to do, especially if you're struggling yourself. Likewise talking about an exam afterwards, if you don't want do talk about something then she should respect that.

In other news I messed up one of the hostel booking for Croatia, luckily my friend sorted it out but still feeling a bit :/
Won't be online until the end of August now so hope everyone is okay.

I went to Croatia as a kid, it was great! Have fun :]
Haven't been in the MHSS for a while and y'all started a new thread!

Going to my Cambridge doctor right mow to see if I can get a letter that I can include with ny appeal against the decision they made about my mitigating circumstances. Got a letter from my GP back in NI but the uni doctors seem to be taken more seriously by the mitigation panel or something. So I'm literally just going in to say 'is there anything you can write that will strengthen my case?' :/
Gonna be late for my doctors appointment because the bus that was meant to pass my house at 9.02 didn't turn up so I had to wait for the next one :/ hope he'll still see me even if I'm a bit late :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna be late for my doctors appointment because the bus that was meant to pass my house at 9.02 didn't turn up so I had to wait for the next one :/ hope he'll still see me even if I'm a bit late :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe ring them up and warn them that you're potentially going to be slightly late/explain why? Sometimes they're more flexible about it if you do that.

Latest