The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrandMasti
What percentage of your final AQA language grade e.g.French comes from your coursework?

Coursework is 60%, exam is 40%.
Anybody know what the percentage is for WJEC English Language (since they removed the speaking part), it was 60% coursework, 40% exams, but my teacher said they could potentially be the other way around? Which I'm hoping, because English coursework was the death of me, but I loved the exams.
Original post by RoseMorelli
Press "Ctrl-F" and type GCSE into the bar that comes up:smile: x

Thanks for the help but it still doesn't come up haha :smile:
Original post by Marcusroye98
Is that for further maths??

Yes
Original post by TheMoon
Exactly, I got 100% on the controlled assessments, and yesterday I calculated that if the grade boundaries were the same as last year, I'd only need about 24 marks for each paper for an A*.

BUT they aren't the same. I'll recalculate. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Just did some maths and I need 30/40 and 32/45 if I get the same UMS in both, though I think the reading went considerably better than the listening. Can't wait for all this waiting to be over :frown: Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by iamabbie97
Also who did the iGCSE in further maths (AQA)? What difference is an iGCSE, because they were offering it in english for people who were unlikely to pass GCSE, so is it more simple or what? Because further maths certainly wasn't!

I did further maths! Although I'm not sure what's different between iGCSE and GCSE. What did you think of the grade boundaries for fm? I thought that they were pretty good, they're better than last year!
AQA have increased Chemistry massively but then again it seemed a lot easier than previous years. But I don't understand how they can increase the ISA boundaries by 2????
Original post by AstroNandos
I did further maths! Although I'm not sure what's different between iGCSE and GCSE. What did you think of the grade boundaries for fm? I thought that they were pretty good, they're better than last year!

Yeah the further maths grade boundaries look tasty. A^, here I come! :biggrin::biggrin:
Is everyone absolutely freaking that pretty much every subject moved their grade boundaries by as much as 1-6 marks up?
I'm going to cry :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshua697
AQA have increased Chemistry massively but then again it seemed a lot easier than previous years. But I don't understand how they can increase the ISA boundaries by 2????

Exactly! What did you score in your ISA's?
Does anyone know what percentage each exam caters for as well as the coursework for your overall literature grade?
(AQA please)
sorry-our teacher never told us!
Edexcel are horrible....
Original post by GrandMasti
Exactly! What did you score in your ISA's?

I remember getting 41-42 for each of the sciences which probably would have been A* last year!!! That's like 5 ums points gone now in each science
Could someone please tell me the OCR B Geography and OCR Linear Maths grade boundaries! The pdf doesn't show me the GCSE grade boundaries only the a level ones haha :biggrin: My laptop must be having a spasm or something..
I dont see the point of igcses guys domt get me wrong i did igcse in maths got a B its cool but most colleges dont accept or like it they claim its not a Gcse.... not sure about the colleges near you guys though. I rather do Gcse than Igcse if Im given a choice.
Original post by RoseMorelli
Press "Ctrl-F" and type GCSE into the bar that comes up:smile: x

Could youvlink please, I think the other one was for a level
Original post by Invest
Edexcel business is so high :frown:
& also the OCR science A's are too high :/

Which course?
if it's the same pdf i viewed, if you scroll down to the bottom the gcse boundaries are there.
Original post by kdizzle97
Could someone please tell me the OCR B Geography and OCR Linear Maths grade boundaries! The pdf doesn't show me the GCSE grade boundaries only the a level ones haha :biggrin: My laptop must be having a spasm or something..
Reply 717
Original post by noshahmad
Is everyone absolutely freaking that pretty much every subject moved their grade boundaries by as much as 1-6 marks up?
I'm going to cry :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah especially maths for the A boundaries (if you did edexcel). What did you think you got for maths?
AQA IGCSE LITERTURE

53/75 A*

YAAAS plus it was a good paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AstroNandos

I think the grade boundaries are pretty good! Why do they never show the boundary for A* and B?

Latest