The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jakz007
ikr gesusssssssssssss!

I didn't expect it to be anywhere near that high.. I thought it would be around 160-164 MAX Oh well aha
Does anyone know the mark to get an a** for aqa further maths last year?
Original post by baaboo999
The AQA boundaries for the science unit 1,2 and 3 higher tier exams seem really good for the A grade! Although the A* boundary on the chemistry paper is a tad hogh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't find this :mad: Link me up!
do the news chat crap about the results or is it true? :colone:
Original post by BreakingNights

149/175
Original post by Kitty201322
do the news chat crap about the results or is it true? :colone:

Have they reported anything, or do you mean when result day comes?
Did anyone else do ocr 21st century physics bio and chem?! The boundaries have gone up and the exams were harder 😁 Especially P1,2,3?! That exam was harder than any of the previous one yet the boundary is up 5 marks for an A*- not amused! 😔
Original post by GrandMasti
Thanks! Sorry, 1 last question (you've been so helpful already haha!). What minimum raw marks would I need in the french reading and listening papers to secure an A* overall (AQA). Thanks so much! :smile:

with those speaking and writing scores, you'll have 174UMS
and since you need 270UMS to get an A* you'll need a score that adds up to 96 over both reading and listening
so technically you don't need to get an A* on either paper, just 48UMS
which is 30/40 for listening, and 30/45 for reading (of course, you can get more in one and less in the other, as long as it adds to 96UMS)
hope that helps!!

Reply 751

June 2012 - A^ = 145
June 2013 - A^ = 149
Original post by TheMoon
Have they reported anything, or do you mean when result day comes?

they've said that the grade have dropped alot this year :s-smilie:
Original post by blayneandkert
with those speaking and writing scores, you'll have 174UMS
and since you need 270UMS to get an A* you'll need a score that adds up to 96 over both reading and listening
so technically you don't need to get an A* on either paper, just 48UMS
which is 30/40 for listening, and 30/45 for reading (of course, you can get more in one and less in the other, as long as it adds to 96UMS)
hope that helps!!

You my friend, have just gained a follower :biggrin:
Reply 754
Original post by iamabbie97
149/175

It's 144/175 this year though!
Down 4, it's great!
Original post by Invest
What about for coursework?

69/80
Original post by Kitty201322
they've said that the grade have dropped alot this year :s-smilie:

Well, maybe it's because grade boundaries have lowered a lot? But they probably are talking crap.
Original post by AIVARB
Yeah especially maths for the A boundaries (if you did edexcel). What did you think you got for maths?

I think I got a B which is heart breaking considering I got high A/A* on the mocks and absolutely ****ed both the papers up, my mark is probably closer to 120, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baldwel
Did anyone else do ocr 21st century physics bio and chem?! The boundaries have gone up and the exams were harder 😁 Especially P1,2,3?! That exam was harder than any of the previous one yet the boundary is up 5 marks for an A*- not amused! 😔

Ikr! Thaey apl seem to have gone up except physics 4/5/6 being 31 but one of them was like 47 :frown: this is depressing I was expecting them to be much lower :lol:
Reply 759
Original post by noshahmad
I think I got a B which is heart breaking considering I got high A/A* on the mocks and absolutely ****ed both the papers up, my mark is probably closer to 120, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was getting high A*s constantly on past papers but this year I'm on the a/a* boundaries :/. Now not sure if I can do fu maths.

Are you going to be doing further maths/maths at AS?

Latest