08/06: Biology 4 PM
10/06: Chemistry 4 PM
11/06: Physics 4 AM
12/06: Maths C3 AM
15/06: Chemistry 5 PM
16/06: Maths C4 PM
17/06: Biology 5 AM
18/06: Physics 5 AM

None are on the same day (with the potential exception of General Studies which I haven't bothered looking up) so that's good at least, but they do all seem to be in a row except M1...
Original post by O133
The French ones can be a bit variable, but not as bad as the Germans. If you're that wealthy as a country you don't need the cheapest and nastiest supermarket that's still legal. (Thankfully some of them are half decent though.)

XD The Spanish ones are pretty good, but then I'm Spanish, so I'm a bit biased...
Original post by Georgiecat
XD The Spanish ones are pretty good, but then I'm Spanish, so I'm a bit biased...

Never been so can't comment.
Original post by techno836
I have to say i'm not really enjoying my work experience as much as I thought I would :frown: :/

Whats up?
Keen people looking at exam timetables already ... I'm still in the phase that I feel if I don't acknowledge that I have any exams I wont have to do them.
the year of actually working hard !!! the year that pretty much only counts !DAMN ITS HERE ALREADY~!
Looking at my timetable, it's not too bad this year - after having 11 exams and finishing on the 24th June this year nothing seems that bad mind. :wink:

20 May AM: S1
3 June AM: S2
8 June PM: GOV3B
9 June AM: C3
11 June AM: PHYA4
12 June AM: C4
16 June PM: FP2
17 June AM: GOV4B
18 June AM: PHYA5

Just have to decide whether I'm dropping Further Maths or Physics, but looks like no clashes regardless. Plus I have a fair bit of time between exams to revise for Politics, which is my main focus really. :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Sounds interesting :smile: I really envy people who are good at music, I used to play a couple of instruments but I gave them up ages ago which I regret now :tongue: Ahh well, I can still appreciate it :h:

It s a fun subject! I wish I could play so many instruments- there are people in my class who can play things at virtuoso level and it just makes me want to be able to play all the instruments!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
SN1 was a nightmare for me too. The examiner showed up 2 hours late, there was a mix-up with candidate numbers that led to them having to ring my school (all of this is happening at our partner school), the examiner is full of cold and has a sneezing fit at one point, I don't put in any of the flash expressions I wanted to and then I walk out with the bit of paper with my notes on and get on the minibus back to school! It was a comedy of errors and I'm quite surprised I did as well as I did.

Urgh that sounds annoying. I had to take my exams at a partner school too, it was depressing as I had to catch the bus to school, then run all the way up to the other school. It was raining as well. I was shattered before the exam even started. :rolleyes:

The one thing that annoys me about WJEC is the fact that all the examiners are Welsh (or even Scottish/Irish). I know native English examiners aren't brilliant, but I noticed the Welsh examiners have a strong accent that gets in the way of their French quite a bit. I wish they'd hire native speakers.
Original post by overthelove
Yesssss make a thread! Would be good to have a little WJEC community going. And for the region, I think you have to talk about the geography, tourist attractions, population demographics and it's history (that's what I remember my teacher saying...ish!). Les Choristes is such a good film because it has so many themes! :smile: I'm not a big fan of Amelie though... :frown:

OOOH hello! How are you liking the book? :smile:

L'Étranger here too! For English Lit and French :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
When do we start making a personal statement towards Uni Applications? :redface:

You should start making it now if I were you. It will save you time and less hassle when you are finishing your applications.

I started mine about July, since there was no school work to do. Finished it last week, after 3 drafts. It's not that hard to be fair once you get into it.

Of course, when we go back, get a few teachers to check it and make any amendments. :smile:
Original post by Iggy Azalea
Urgh that sounds annoying. I had to take my exams at a partner school too, it was depressing as I had to catch the bus to school, then run all the way up to the other school. It was raining as well. I was shattered before the exam even started. :rolleyes:

The one thing that annoys me about WJEC is the fact that all the examiners are Welsh (or even Scottish/Irish). I know native English examiners aren't brilliant, but I noticed the Welsh examiners have a strong accent that gets in the way of their French quite a bit. I wish they'd hire native speakers.

Mine was French!:tongue:
On a side note, is anyone annoyed that when we go back there's going to be new Year 12s?

While the Year 13s were on exam leave I got so used to having the common room to myself (literally, myself on some occasions!). Now it's going to be packed and the regular queue for food will make an appearance again. :frown:

Also, another random note, my teacher emailed our year group a few hours before we could collect our results.

'We are sorry to announce that 75% of you sadly didn't get a grade above a D, so please be prepared. We (sixth form mentors) are here for you if you need anything. Remember you have the option to retake the year, resit exams, or get extra tuition in your A2 classes.'

Perhaps I could show this to the new Year 12s :wink:
On a side note, is anyone annoyed that when we go back there's going to be new Year 12s?

While the Year 13s were on exam leave I got so used to having the common room to myself (literally, myself on some occasions!). Now it's going to be packed and the regular queue for food will make an appearance again. :frown:

Also, another random note, my teacher emailed our year group a few hours before we could collect our results.

Yeah, I'm not going to like an influx of people... And apparently there's a new guy joining our year (or at least A2 French...) And they've called him the new me :cry2:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Mine was French!:tongue:

Jealous now. :mad: haha

I got stuck with a Canadian-Irish lady and a Welsh man.

Are your teachers native speakers? The 4 Spanish teachers I had this year, they were either Polish, Portuguese, Scottish or Dutch. Thankfully, they've all left and now I've got a Mexican lady (the sassiest woman I've ever met) and a Spanish guy (a Madrileño), who I have developed a little bit of a crush on :colondollar: He looks like Enrique Iglesias! So if I fail in my exams, I plan to ask him to run away with me and we can trot off into the sunset and live happily ever after. :u:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, I'm not going to like an influx of people... And apparently there's a new guy joining our year (or at least A2 French...) And they've called him the new me :cry2:

You should psych him out when he arrives. Make him feel really uncomfortable. Mumble something random in French and that should throw him off. :colone:

I always forget schools normally only have 1 common room, we have 2, 1 for each year :biggrin: although this year we have to move the smaller one upstairs but it does have a bigger study room and a language study room so it's not all bad haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Spanish examiner for my Oral was okay, I don't think he was from Spain but his accent was tolerable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jealous now. :mad: haha

I got stuck with a Canadian-Irish lady and a Welsh man.

Are your teachers native speakers? The 4 Spanish teachers I had this year, they were either Polish, Portuguese, Scottish or Dutch. Thankfully, they've all left and now I've got a Mexican lady (the sassiest woman I've ever met) and a Spanish guy (a Madrileño), who I have developed a little bit of a crush on :colondollar: He looks like Enrique Iglesias! So if I fail in my exams, I plan to ask him to run away with me and we can trot off into the sunset and live happily ever after. :u:

You should psych him out when he arrives. Make him feel really uncomfortable. Mumble something random in French and that should throw him off. :colone:

lmao

Mine are yep! Although one teaches Spanish too (gcse)

Sounds like a good plan :wink:
Original post by aasvogel
L'Étranger here too! For English Lit and French :smile:

How's it going? Do you like it ? :smile:
Original post by Fuenciado
Keen people looking at exam timetables already ... I'm still in the phase that I feel if I don't acknowledge that I have any exams I wont have to do them.

Ignorance is bliss. :h:

I'm only checking to see if I can take 4 subjects without any exam clashes...

Latest