The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone did wjec english? how did you find your controlled assessment grade boundary for english language ?
Reply 841
Aqa chemistry boundary is so high :frown:
The unit 2 was horrible and thats the highest one
Hopefully since unit 1 & 3 seemed easy the marks will counteract unit 2
Can somebody please help me I would really appreciate it. I resat my maths GCSE exam at college doing the 3 Modules hoping for a Grade C in Foundation. I know the three papers add up to a total of 200 marks and I was told you need around 140/200 for a grade C. By the look of the boundaries apparently I need 172/200 for a C can this be right? please reply PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
Reply 843
Those AQA french boundaries are a joke.
Original post by DazBoy

Did you do Higher or Foundation GCSE French? :smile:
Original post by AlphaNick
Scared as hell

Why would you be scared? I'm stunned.
Original post by DazBoy

Joke as in too high or too low?
I think the listening paper should be much lower..
Original post by AlphaNick
just for maths, I am confident with everything else

Good luck, Nick! You'll do amazingly! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If my predictions are correct I have got a B in Maths, a C in English and Science and a D in Geography. I will be happy with that. Then I have a Merit in Business Studies and Music(?) and a Distinction in ICT.
Original post by Angelo12231
Who here done AQA french?

Me...
I just looked at the higher listening paper's boundaries and wanted to cry. XD
Reply 850
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Did you do Higher or Foundation GCSE French? :smile:

Higher :s-smilie:
Original post by Razorbeard
Me...
I just looked at the higher listening paper's boundaries and wanted to cry. XD

same :frown: What r you expecting?
Did any one do OCR 21st Century Science? Where they were done separately like B1B2B3 in one exam? Im not sure where to look for the grade boundaries for that
Reply 853
Original post by Razorbeard
Joke as in too high or too low?
I think the listening paper should be much lower..

Exactly, the listening ones are wayyy too high!
Original post by DazBoy
Exactly, the listening ones are wayyy too high!

The questions about solar panels and I think there was a section about dog pounds(?) threw me off completely..
Original post by Angelo12231
same :frown: What r you expecting?

Well, I got full marks in all my controlled assessments and after the exam we went through both papers, I estimated I got 36 in the reading and 27 in the listening... so.. I think I might have got an A overall. :s
Original post by Neetah_xo
Did any one do OCR 21st Century Science? Where they were done separately like B1B2B3 in one exam? Im not sure where to look for the grade boundaries for that

Same here
The edexcel history B seems harsher than the rest, I was hoping for low boundaries as I found the medicine and surgery exams quite tough :frown:
Original post by gemmax6x
Same here

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf

Scroll down to find the GCSE stuff.
Or,
Ctrl + F and search "GCSE Biology A", then "GCSE Chemistry A", "GCSE Physics A". :smile:
Original post by Edminzodo
Chemistry and Latin are going to be Bs/Cs. Oops. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do Latin as well! :biggrin:
Grade boundaries this time are pretty typical - high marks for A*, Lang. 2 lower than Lang. 1, Lit. 2 lower than Lit. 1. But I think I stand a chance of getting an A* :crossedf:. :smile:

Latest