The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After reading the grade boundaries for maths edexcel..I think that its a little bit higher than I thought it wud be
I would have to scrape it...like literally get the mark on the mark

It's killing me!
Can someone please help me with maths foundation?
Original post by Nathanbh01233
I was about as prepared for those exams as Lennie was being shot

I don't know why but that made my day. :smile:
Im trying to find the grade boundaries for WJEC English Lit Higher Papers but can only find the foundation boundary, can someone please help me find the higher grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jordkell
Im trying to find the grade boundaries for WJEC English Lit Higher Papers but can only find the foundation boundary, can someone please help me find the higher grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the corner there should be an option thing. Change into Option 2 and you should get the boundaries.
Original post by Yatesy72013
Can someone please help me with maths foundation?

What do you need help with? :smile:
Original post by usycool1
What do you need help with? :smile:

Thank you for your reply means a lot. Basically I sat 3 papers of maths GCSE at foundation level. I receive my results tomorrow with the edxcel exam board, my lecturer said i needed around 140/200 for a Grade C but i have just seen the boundaries and it says i need 171/200 surely this cant be right for a grade C? Thankyou for communicating.
Original post by Yatesy72013
Thank you for your reply means a lot. Basically I sat 3 papers of maths GCSE at foundation level. I receive my results tomorrow with the edxcel exam board, my lecturer said i needed around 140/200 for a Grade C but i have just seen the boundaries and it says i need 171/200 surely this cant be right for a grade C? Thankyou for communicating.

I'm afraid that it is 171/200 for a grade C over those three papers. :sadnod: The grade boundaries depend on how hard the paper was and on how people performed on it so it's likely people performed better on those papers than in previous years, pushing the boundaries up.
Original post by usycool1
I'm afraid that it is 171/200 for a grade C over those three papers. :sadnod: The grade boundaries depend on how hard the paper was and on how people performed on it so it's likely people performed better on those papers than in previous years, pushing the boundaries up.

Thanks for the reply. Safe to say I failed this one.
Cambridge igcse grade boundaries english language 0500
English lit 0476 ??????
Original post by TheMoon
Who else did German AQA? It's annoyingly kinda high :/

Me :frown: I really need an A so I'm hoping my controlled assessments boost me up bc the exams didn't go brilliantly tbh
Edexcel link doesn't work?
Original post by AlphaNick

Thanks but the grade boundaries for Chemistry, History and Latin are so high!
Original post by AlexeiLipov
Edexcel link doesn't work?

Oh, nevermind, found it: http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/GCSE_1406_v4.pdf

The one on this thread doesn't work though!
Reply 934
Original post by samanton5
Cambridge igcse grade boundaries english language 0500
English lit 0476 ??????

Try gceguide.com. Choose your subject from the left. 0476 is on there but I don't think 0500 is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects are everyone scared for now? I'm literally crying about German and History.
Reply 936
Original post by poppycute246
There is all this talk in the newspapers about how on average, GCSE results are expected to be lower compared to previous years. Do you think that this will effect the grade boundaries a considerable amount? Especially for GCSE Maths and English.

They say this every year
Reply 937
Original post by JayJay-C19
What subjects are everyone scared for now? I'm literally crying about German and History.

I'm most nervous about History, Chemistry, Further maths and English Literature... :eek:
Reply 938
I was surprised by how high the GCSE AQA Chemistry and History B grade boundaries are this year! Those of the other subjects I did don't seem too bad though. How has everyone else found them?!
There goes my A in maths:frown:

Latest