The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I'm happy for Ibe to go on loan and get more game time.

£18mil is a lot for Balotelli and he'd want big wages. I wouldn't want to pay more than £10mil + 80k a week, considering how volatile he is.
If Ibe was going on loan I'd have prefer it to a PL club, maybe at West Brom with Wisdom but I can see that he may be just under that point in his progression and Championship experience will be decent too. Think overall it's a good move, he'll get the essential first team experience and confidence when he skins people and practices his finishing.

Just don't have any faith in Ballotelli, I like him, he's entertaining and on his day would be a top striker but cba with his strops/attitude and inconsistency.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
Do you think you'll manage to get those other 3 or 4 signings you need within 2 weeks?

Absolutely no chance. I think we'll sign one more player to play in CM and that's it.
Barcelona transfer appeal rejected by FIFA.

The little scamps.
Original post by Alex Doran
I would agree that those are his problems are odds are, they will come with time and experience. I do not agree that he is twice as talented as anyone in the team. If we're being honest, the reason he isn't going to a premier league club is because no one rates him highly enough to guarantee him regular starts. This means that right now, he is not good enough for the premiership. Bolton are not a bad team by Championship standards and in such a changeable league (Burnley tipped for relegation last year) they have done quite well to always be close (ish) to the play offs. I watched Hull there the season we were promoted and were the 2nd best team in the division and Bolton tore us apart in 8 minutes. It was 3-0 before half of the fans had sat down.
They have a similar play style to Liverpool in that it is fast breakaways and Ibe will fit in well but don't expect him to get 90 mins a game because he is far from their best player. It will be a good experience for him but only a few months ago, he was struggling to get in the Birmingham team.

You're confusing talent with current ability, and I meant no disservice to Bolton, or the Championship.

He didn't get in the Birmingham team every game because Birmingham was a giant **** up for all of their loanees last season.
Original post by Yesss I diddd
You're confusing talent with current ability, and I meant no disservice to Bolton, or the Championship.

He didn't get in the Birmingham team every game because Birmingham was a giant **** up for all of their loanees last season.

Yes, I am talking about current ability because Bolton don't give a **** how good he will be in a few years, they get him for 1 year and they aren't going to pick Ibe above any other squad member based on the fact that when he is 20+, he will be a good player for Liverpool. Freedman will pick his best 11 players and play them, he doesn't care if Ibe develops or not. If he was playing well enough, he would have played regularly for Birmingham, if he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't get picked and he didn't get picked.
Yes, I am talking about current ability because Bolton don't give a **** how good he will be in a few years, they get him for 1 year and they aren't going to pick Ibe above any other squad member based on the fact that when he is 20+, he will be a good player for Liverpool. Freedman will pick his best 11 players and play them, he doesn't care if Ibe develops or not. If he was playing well enough, he would have played regularly for Birmingham, if he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't get picked and he didn't get picked.

I didn't say he'd get picked on potential so your two rants have been needless. Freedman singled him out and neglected other targets for him so clearly thinks he's ready, ability wise.

Lol you can go read about the Birmingham fiasco if you want, nothing of Ibe's own fault.
I didn't say he'd get picked on potential so your two rants have been needless. Freedman singled him out and neglected other targets for him so clearly thinks he's ready, ability wise.

Lol you can go read about the Birmingham fiasco if you want, nothing of Ibe's own fault.

I'm not going to bother reading about it, it seems simple enough. Are you seriously suggesting that Ibe should have been picked any more than he was? He wasn't playing for a while because he was poor, no other reason other than the fact that he was not playing any better than the alternative options in the squad. When a winger only scores 1 goal in a loan spell having played 10+ games (I think) you know he clearly isn't scoring enough.
I'm not going to bother reading about it, it seems simple enough. Are you seriously suggesting that Ibe should have been picked any more than he was? He wasn't playing for a while because he was poor, no other reason other than the fact that he was not playing any better than the alternative options in the squad. When a winger only scores 1 goal in a loan spell having played 10+ games (I think) you know he clearly isn't scoring enough.

If you don't know anything about the situation then don't chat **** about it.
If you don't know anything about the situation then don't chat **** about it.

I know enough about it from the time so I don't have to read more stuff about it now.
If you have any evidence that disputes anything I said then please, go ahead. If you just want to continue to vaguely refer to "the situation" and say nothing of any actual relevance then I don't see why you bother replying.
I know enough about it from the time so I don't have to read more stuff about it now.
If you have any evidence that disputes anything I said then please, go ahead. If you just want to continue to vaguely refer to "the situation" and say nothing of any actual relevance then I don't see why you bother replying.

:Rofl2:
Reply 351
So, no palpable links to any strikers except for Eto'o. Fail to understand how we have prepared so poorly for Suarez' departure. If we end up on 1st Sept with Rickie Lambert as 2nd choice then quite frankly, we're a joke.
Original post by Zerforax
I'm happy for Ibe to go on loan and get more game time.

£18mil is a lot for Balotelli and he'd want big wages. I wouldn't want to pay more than £10mil + 80k a week, considering how volatile he is.

i agree - ibe will develop to an excellent player.
he won't get much gametime if he stays at liverpool, so i'm very happy to let him be loaned out this season.
we have so much youth in our club now, it's excellent!

as for balotelli, i'm unsure.
as is mentioned above, he can be a great player in his day but personally i think he's a risk.
we aren't gonna get cavani or falcao, if i'm honest i'd just roll over and pay swansea's valuation of bony.
I'd let Ibe go on loan and 100% sign Balo.
Original post by Pn94
So, no palpable links to any strikers except for Eto'o. Fail to understand how we have prepared so poorly for Suarez' departure. If we end up on 1st Sept with Rickie Lambert as 2nd choice then quite frankly, we're a joke.

at least we aren't man united...
barca are gonna go ham now aren't they :frown:
Reply 356
Ibe won't be at LFC in two years for me. Not good enough, and I think that's why he's been loaned out.
Bolton are not a bad team by Championship standards and in such a changeable league (Burnley tipped for relegation last year) they have done quite well to always be close (ish) to the play offs..

Bolton were nowhere near the play offs last season, in fact they spent most of the season barely above the relegation zone.

Original post by Pn94

We've got you beat there.

For example we currently have 3 fit CM's, one with a terminal illness and one being Tom Cleverley, yet there is no indication that a replacement will be brought in even though we've needed one for about 8 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pn94
Ibe won't be at LFC in two years for me. Not good enough, and I think that's why he's been loaned out.

The question is whether he can become a Welbeck-esque squad player on the fringes of the first team, or whether he'll never develop that decision making required and he'll just become a Nathan Dyer/SWP type.
Face it we can't attract anyone world class like Falcao , we will just need to get someone average

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest