The Student Room Group

Are American girls more outgoing and flirty than in the UK?

On sitcoms or comedies, you see the boy-girl interaction as really fun, fast and forward.

Are girls in the US more flirty and ask guys out too/give more signs (e.g. eye contact)?

Are there just better quieter places to meet people in bars in America?

What gives?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this true?
Yeah I can honestly say after having met several American girls in London as well as on my travels to NYC, LA, they are definitely more flirty, fun, sexy and also generally nicer.

They are much easier to talk to and also a delight to be around. As well as being more approachable, they are confident to come and start a conversation with you and not in an arrogant way. The attractive ones don't seem to be as haughty either.

Seemingly, and generally speaking, they are as fun and attractive as the sitcom girls in my experience. You do get British girls who are similar, but the culture seems to be less outgoing over here and I don't know, but in some parts, including London, people seem to be downright rude.
i met many girls a month ago in New York who i genuinely found beautiful, not the 'i want to shag you' slut looking type but simply beautiful. Personality is very important to me in terms of continuing a dialogue and girls in the USA are just nicer to be around in my experience.
American girls are HOT, especially the girl next door type like Penny.

But even the ones in bars, seem to be more fun, attractive, and easy going.

Over here, everyone/ every group clique sticks to themselves and require formal introductions to speak to each other, otherwise culturally it just seems weird.
yeah.
Yeah they are. It freaked me out the first time I went there.
Reply 7
I think people in America are just more chatty in general.

I met at American in my course at uni, who said its not uncommon to strike up conversation with strangers. He admitted it surprised him here that if you do make light conversation with someone you don't know, they will often look at you like you are crazy. Girls here often can be just as flirty etc. one you know them, but until that point not just girls but i think most people in Britain are wary when it comes to interacting with people they don't really know.
I think we are. Since my university is an all girls school, we literally spend our weekends trying to chat up random people and make friends or meet guys at parties and clubs.
Reply 9
Original post by charlavail
I think we are. Since my university is an all girls school, we literally spend our weekends trying to chat up random people and make friends or meet guys at parties and clubs.

Please open an American uni branch over here and party with us!
Idk about the whole UK but, london, yea def....women in most boroughs (which are ghetto = emotional issues and whole gang of other issues) are too depressed...have no culture (too much American entertainment) and have no guidance in life (seem to bandwagon other women)

Unless you are in kensington & chelsea...surrey..kingston...some parts of camden and richmond...the rest are pretty much ghetto..where females that grow up go through so many problems and have no real, wise guidance from their parents. Whereas in those former boroughs, folks are more educated and follow a bit of american and more british etiquettes

The females in the rest of the boroughs are more likely to be:

Dating at 15 (babies...sex...etc in the former boroughs in doesnt go further than making out..if it does its really safe and all due to the education levels)

Depressed and putting up quotes of hopelessness, also following bad celebs (miley cyrus and tyga)

On Facebook for hours venting about how **** life is or how pissed off they are or how much of a "dickhead" their teacher is

Forever insulting men on FB in terms of loyalty

Smoking cannabis at 14

Hanging out in projects with a gang of boys at 14/15

Fighting in public

Disrespecting the public (spitting, trashing, mean muggin folks, talking/cussin/playing foul language music loudly on a bus)

Sooo much more....

But if you go into the former boroughs you can find a nice female that is outgoing and flirty in an English manner...as the culture is different..not to say you wont find one or two trashy girls there too

Outside London is nice too..just not the ghetto areas..

People just dont realize that most of London is ghetto....

You get the same trash in Cali too...just stay away from the ghettos....
Well, looking at my personal history, I've gone out with 2 Americans, 1 Canadian (adorable!) and 1 Brit.

I would agree that Americans are more flirty. But I'd also agree that they can be more annoying too.
Girls in california are like in 90210...FIT

Girls in New York seem to be quite flirty, active and downright hot

I think it's partly cultural.. if you approach a complete stranger, whether you are a man or woman and the other person is the opposite sex, in the US it's done more often as they're more outgoing/open.
Reply 13
This one is pretty awesome though:

[video="youtube;RWxqj6MivIU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxqj6MivIU&feature=yout u.be[/video]

FIT!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I think that the majority of them tend to be so yes.

If their sitcoms are anything to go by, they are more outgoing in general.

Some of ours are sensational though!

But yes, I mean the Penny's and Cece's of this world are bubbly, outgoing, flirty, fun and fit!
Reply 15
Original post by JG1233
I think people in America are just more chatty in general.

I met at American in my course at uni, who said its not uncommon to strike up conversation with strangers. He admitted it surprised him here that if you do make light conversation with someone you don't know, they will often look at you like you are crazy. Girls here often can be just as flirty etc. one you know them, but until that point not just girls but i think most people in Britain are wary when it comes to interacting with people they don't really know.

Well said

True that
Yes. I'm friends with an American girl who is flirty and outgoing and I've met other American women who are the same. Yet at the same time they can be incredibly annoying, b****y, and spoilt.
Reply 17
Towards British guys, most definitely. They absolutely love the accent.
Reply 18
They're lovely and outgoing
Original post by XMaramena
Well, looking at my personal history, I've gone out with 2 Americans, 1 Canadian (adorable!) and 1 Brit.

I would agree that Americans are more flirty. But I'd also agree that they can be more annoying too.

Yeah they seem so much more flirty and friendly. How is that?

And where to meet them when you're here? Say in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending