The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ooooh I didn't see the ice breaker questions, I'll answer those in a second XD
Hi! :biggrin: I'm Briony (BEARichards) I'm 15 years old and I live in Wiltshire :smile:

I'm currently studying:
IGCSE: English Language, English Literature, and Cambridge IGCSE History
GCSE: Maths, Science, Additional Science, French, Spanish, Short Course Religious Studies
BTEC: Music

After year 11 I hope to go to my school's Sixth Form and study for A Levels in French, Spanish, and 2 out of English Language & Literature (or just English Literature), History, Government and Politics, and Mathematics.
I'd then like to go to University and study French and Spanish :smile:

My hobbies include playing instruments- I play Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute, and I'm self taught guitar and piano. I'm also in a Traditional Youth Marching Band (Which is a Hell of a lot more fun than it sounds!)
I'm also into other performing arts- I enjoy to sing and act and I'm always involved in theatre productions.
I like to read and write too, and surf the internet. (I might be slightly addicted to Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr and TSR... >_>)

I'm worrying a bit about Year 11 as I have a lot of responsibilities to do- I'm the newly appointed House Captain, so I'll have to put some work into that, as well as the next school production, and, of course, exams! I'm trying to stay calm and not stress out though, and just take things as they come! I'm going to work really hard to achieve the As and A*s that I'm predicted and hope that my work eventually pays off and I can open my results this time next year with a smile on my face :yeah:
Original post by Mr...
Invasion

New avatar: very nice :yep:

I remember when the year 11's did that on the first page of the old Year 10 thread :lol:

Thank you :hat2:

Original post by BEARichards
Hi! :biggrin: I'm Briony (BEARichards) I'm 15 years old and I live in Wiltshire :smile:

I'm currently studying:
IGCSE: English Language, English Literature, and Cambridge IGCSE History
GCSE: Maths, Science, Additional Science, French, Spanish, Short Course Religious Studies
BTEC: Music

After year 11 I hope to go to my school's Sixth Form and study for A Levels in French, Spanish, and 2 out of English Language & Literature (or just English Literature), History, Government and Politics, and Mathematics.
I'd then like to go to University and study French and Spanish :smile:

My hobbies include playing instruments- I play Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute, and I'm self taught guitar and piano. I'm also in a Traditional Youth Marching Band (Which is a Hell of a lot more fun than it sounds!)
I'm also into other performing arts- I enjoy to sing and act and I'm always involved in theatre productions.
I like to read and write too, and surf the internet. (I might be slightly addicted to Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr and TSR... >_>)

I'm worrying a bit about Year 11 as I have a lot of responsibilities to do- I'm the newly appointed House Captain, so I'll have to put some work into that, as well as the next school production, and, of course, exams! I'm trying to stay calm and not stress out though, and just take things as they come! I'm going to work really hard to achieve the As and A*s that I'm predicted and hope that my work eventually pays off and I can open my results this time next year with a smile on my face :yeah:

Brilliant! I'll add that on :yep:
Black Rose literally has a black rose picture :eek:
Reply 364
Original post by Isabella~
I've chosen Maths, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. I think that for myself especially up to April I was perfectly find with my extra curricular but when it came to May I didn't want to jeopardise my exams at all so I put them on hold until exam season was over. I know some people who did much more than myself but still they managed to balance the clubs and come out of the exams successful. With GCSEs you just really need to listen in class and really do ask if you have any questions. If you have any revision guides and you know the teacher would be going over a particular topic in lesson, why not just read that page the day before? Trust me it helps a lot! Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you very much. Good luck with your results :smile:
Original post by NathalieGW

You have great ambitions!

Well I'm not one of those peoples who wastes their life. I'm guessing you're also someone who makes a purpose of their life?
Original post by Aeuronautics
You have great ambitions!

Well I'm not one of those peoples who wastes their life. I'm guessing you're also someone who makes a purpose of their life?

What's going on with quotes? Yes I make a purpose out of my life :biggrin: I want to achieve something that nobody has ever achieved before.
Hey guys. It's like 10 hours till results day
Am I the only one that gets irritated by year 11's telling us to calm down about results day? Like I'm getting 4 tomorrow, some of my friends 6 and I've seen threads of them saying 'you're just immature'. It's 1 year difference, like calm down mate.... these results are just as important as next years, a lot of them in key subjects.

Jheez.
Original post by Archaeologist
Hey guys. It's like 10 hours till results day

I know. I feel overexcited
I know. I feel overexcited

Me too. It would mean so much to me if i were to get an A* in Astronomy
Me too. It would mean so much to me if i were to get an A* in Astronomy

Well i hope you've gotten the grade you wanted :smile:
Reply 372
Results day tomorrow, Feeling kinda Nervous and Excited
Hello everyone.
Have you guys seen the grade boundaries for core science, they are pretty high :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

If i get a A in core science i am going to cry
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Canttellyou
Have you guys seen the grade boundaries for core science, they are pretty high :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bio and physics is pretty low i think.... but chemistry is way too high ( AQA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i hope you've gotten the grade you wanted :smile:

Thanks you too
Thanks you too

I'm just worried about IGCSE French, I'm confident about Core Science
I'm just worried about IGCSE French, I'm confident about Core Science

You'll be fine. Think positive :smile:

Latest