The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I say lol out loud :colonhash: like, I find its like pretty hip like

*dies*
Oh my goodness man, like, stop, like:')
I say lol out loud :colonhash: like, I find its like pretty hip like

I do things like that too, RIP in peace, rofl on floor laughing etc.

Adding 'like' to the end of the sentences is a Herefordshire thing isn't it? It's a habit I've picked up :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I do things like that too, RIP in peace, rofl on floor laughing etc.

Adding 'like' to the end of the sentences is a Herefordshire thing isn't it? It's a habit I've picked up :lol:

:lol:

Maybe it is too! I like the word like like, its so... Likeable
:lol:

Maybe it is too! I like the word like like, its so... Likeable

They normally say it after names too, but I'm not sure how to spell it. 'lyk'? 'lyke'? 'like'?

Bude-lyke?
Original post by Bude8
They normally say it after names too, but I'm not sure how to spell it. 'lyk'? 'lyke'? 'like'?

Bude-lyke?

Ooooh, yeah lyke :colone:

Wait is your actual name bude? How do you pronounce it? Bood?
Ooooh, yeah lyke :colone:

Wait is your actual name bude? How do you pronounce it? Bood?

No :lol: yeah, it's pronounced Bood. Like dude but with a B lyke
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I guess with a sixth form college you're all just sixth formers so a common room isn't really that necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

They had one at this fancy sixth form college I was meant go to. It was absolutely tiny despite there being 1000s of students.

Thank god I stayed at school. All but one of my friends left for 2 really prestigious colleges and got really snooty about it, they kept coming back and saying how much better it is than school. They had 'McDonalds nearby' and the college's reputation will 'get them into top unis'. They also had 'much better teachers' apparently.

12 months later, they've all got D and E grades, put on loads of weight and fell out with all their friends.

The best bit is that my school is in the bottom 40% so we are likely to be given a lower set of offers than those that went to college. :colone: KARMA!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 627
Original post by Iggy Azalea
They had one at this fancy sixth form college I was meant go to. It was absolutely tiny despite there being 1000s of students.

Thank god I stayed at school. All but one of my friends left for 2 really prestigious colleges and got really snooty about it, they kept coming back and saying how much better it is than school. They had 'McDonalds nearby' and the college's reputation will 'get them into top unis'. They also had 'much better teachers' apparently.

12 months later, they've all got D and E grades, put on loads of weight and all fallen out with their friends.

The best bit is that my school is in the bottom 40% so we are likely to be given a lower set of offers than those that when to college. :colone: KARMA!

Yeah same! Some of my friends went to prestigious colleges too and honestly my grades are better now and we get that eligibility thing were the grade requirements are lowered :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iggy Azalea

12 months later, they've all got D and E grades, put on loads of weight and fell out with all their friends.

The best bit is that my school is in the bottom 40% so we are likely to be given a lower set of offers than those that went to college. :colone: KARMA!

That sounds incredibly satisfying.
I left my old school to go to the local college because we were in the middle of an asbestos scandal and had to relocate to the other end of the valley, and the school itself was closed down until they removed it all (it's still really run down). It was the best thing I've done, despite my old friends saying that sixth form was so much better.
Afternoon everyone :smile:
Original post by blamethenargles
I SAY MAN AS WELL, and what's worse is that I think I'm saying it ironically. More words like that include dude and mate.
Ugh, it's terrible! ><

Are you me? :lol:

The one I mate most is that a friend used to jokingly call me 'babe' but now I keep saying it myself grrr :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Are you me? :lol:

The one I mate most is that a friend used to jokingly call me 'babe' but now I keep saying it myself grrr :tongue:

I don't know man >,<
I keep saying 'You what mate' as well which is my latest self cringe...
I can't stand being called babe, or love, or any endearments really, they make me want to dig a hole and hide forever.-. It's worse when someone younger than me says it I just want to combust.
I don't know man >,<
I keep saying 'You what mate' as well which is my latest self cringe...
I can't stand being called babe, or love, or any endearments really, they make me want to dig a hole and hide forever.-. It's worse when someone younger than me says it I just want to combust.

I say 'You what mate' jokingly :tongue: It's just 'babes' that I hate saying :tongue: I usually say it in a really condescending way as well, like "Ummm... babes, can you not?"

When writing things (not posts on here :tongue: ) I try to sound so eloquent but in reality I have the vocabulary of an eight year old it's appalling,
I say 'You what mate' jokingly :tongue: It's just 'babes' that I hate saying :tongue: I usually say it in a really condescending way as well, like "Ummm... babes, can you not?"

When writing things (not posts on here :tongue: ) I try to sound so eloquent but in reality I have the vocabulary of an eight year old it's appalling,

SAME SAME SAME-ITY SAME!!!!
It's a good thing no one knows me on here in real life because then they'd know how silly I sound when I'm talking in person!!
SAME SAME SAME-ITY SAME!!!!
It's a good thing no one knows me on here in real life because then they'd know how silly I sound when I'm talking in person!!

I'm fairly certain that some people that I know in person know who I am on here. I used to be bothered by it but not any more :tongue:
I'm fairly certain that some people that I know in person know who I am on here. I used to be bothered by it but not any more :tongue:

Thinking about it, I talk the same intelligent-ish way when I'm talking to IRL friends online, so I guess they're probably thinking "she sounds much more intelligent on the internet">_<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we all ready for that dreaded day where we have to console the new Y12s about their GCSEs :lol:
Original post by techno836
Are we all ready for that dreaded day where we have to console the new Y12s about their GCSEs :lol:

One of my friends is getting her results tomorrow and she literally won't shut up about it.
She'll just go 'ARGHHHH'
'Sorry just had another panic attack about results day'
Like, jeez! Wait until A Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my friends is getting her results tomorrow and she literally won't shut up about it.
She'll just go 'ARGHHHH'
'Sorry just had another panic attack about results day'
Like, jeez! Wait until A Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know right :lol:
Original post by techno836

Most of them we know will get the grades they're expecting or better tbh lol

Latest