The Student Room Group

Going into investment banking from law

Hi,
If I were to study law at a top university (Oxford, UCL etc) would I still have the option to go into investment banking? Or do you have to do a numerical based degree?
(edited 9 years ago)
They'll take chemistry grads I'm pretty sure they'll take a law grad.

They just want to see that you are smart, think quick on your feet, socially sane and learn fast.
Original post by Okorange
They'll take chemistry grads I'm pretty sure they'll take a law grad.

They just want to see that you are smart, think quick on your feet, socially sane and learn fast.

what about a 1st in psychology? has a fair amount of stats and research methods
Original post by hotsaucee
what about a 1st in psychology? has a fair amount of stats and research methods

I think it'll work as well. What they are looking for is that you spend your summers doing something corporate/investment banking related and that you go to a top school and get great grades.
I think it'll work as well. What they are looking for is that you spend your summers doing something corporate/investment banking related and that you go to a top school and get great grades.

this might sound really stupid but do you have to really good at maths or is the basics enough
Original post by hotsaucee
this might sound really stupid but do you have to really good at maths or is the basics enough

The basics is enough.
The basics is enough.

At those institutions you can practically do anything and get an interview, given you can pass the basic screening tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending