The Student Room Group

Missed offer

I achieved AAB at A2 and missed my firm offer which was AAA/A*AB.

I took Math, Further math and economics, getting A's in math and economics.

My question is, if i take a gap year and apply to uni next year will I get offers for AAA places. I know this sounds silly but sometimes uni's give slightly lower offers or perhaps because i have already achieved my grades they know its a sure bank.

My firm was bristol law and this is the university I'm mainly talking about. Any help would be great.
Original post by hazzaturn3r

My question is, if i take a gap year and apply to uni next year will I get offers for AAA places. I know this sounds silly but sometimes uni's give slightly lower offers or perhaps because i have already achieved my grades they know its a sure bank.

My firm was bristol law and this is the university I'm mainly talking about. Any help would be great.

Congratulations on your grades! Sorry to hear you missed your firm offer. Hopefully I can give you some advice. :smile:

There are a lot options available to you if you are interested in LLB Law and the grades you have received this year are enough to study at Kaplan Holborn College in London.

They offer a LLB Law 2 Year Accelerated awarded by University of the West of England in their clearing vacancies.

Alongside our degree being thought by industry experts, studying the LLB Law degree at Kaplan Holborn College, allows our students the chance to progress onto the Kaplan Law School to train to become a Solicitor or Barrister
To find out more about this course or if you’d like some general advice about clearing, you can call our clearing hotline on 020 3603 2826.

Emelia
Reply 2

No you wouldn't get offers from uni's requiring AAA grades, you have your results so any offer would be unconditional (so it would have to be AAA) the leeway comes where students are using predicted grades and achieve lower grades whereby the uni chooses to accept their lower achieved grades

You might be able to get an offer from some places, but some unis might want you to retake to get AAA. Or they might say no sorry law is too competitive. If Bristol rejected you with AAB this time around then its unlikely they would take you with AAB next time. You really need to email though.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
You might be able to get an offer from some places, but some unis might want you to retake to get AAA. Or they might say no sorry law is too competitive. If Bristol rejected you with AAB this time around then its unlikely they would take you with AAB next time. You really need to email though.

I was recently reading on this site that someone was offered a place at Bristol reading law, after missing their offer of AAB with BBB.
Original post by Myblog
I was recently reading on this site that someone was offered a place at Bristol reading law, after missing their offer of AAB with BBB.

That was actually me, and was with some fairly large mitigating circumstances - I wouldn't expect this to be the norm at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Axevolution
That was actually me, and that was with some fairly large mitigating cirucmstances - I wouldn't expect this to be the norm at all.

I see. Congrats and good luck with your course.
Original post by Myblog

All cases are treated individually- I've seen some unis turn down candidates who've missed their offer only to advertise vacancies in clearing because they know they can get people with the right grades that way

Welcome to PM me about this - I massively flunked my A levels and achieved AAB last year, re-applied this year and re-sat an exam so I now have AAA.

I was already taking a gap year prior to getting my A level results last year, but this year I received unconditionals from Bristol, KCL and Exeter, along with a conditional A*AA offer from Durham. So in answer to your question, yes, you may receive unconditional offers with AAB from AAA places if you re-apply, however I wouldn't bank on it and would certainly resit a couple of exams to try and get at least AAA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending