The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Hostel I'm staying at has wifi. Croatia is really warm and overall have had a good day. Just worrying because the room we've ended up on is more expensive than I budgeted for, my own fault for messing up the booking but does make me worry I'm going to run out of money. Like I've checked my bank account and there's no way it'll stretch til I get home. Even when I finally March my friend to the bank to get my money I'm still going to end up short. I can borrow money from my parents but it just feels like such a screw up. Also they're then going to realise I have basically no plan on how I'm going to afford heading to Cyprus when I get home. My plan there is just to not really spend any money at all which I suspect isn't actually possible.
So I'm exhausted after getting up at 2am to catch my flight then spending the day sightseeing but I can't even contemplate sleep right now even though we're getting up at 6:30 to do more sightseeing. I want to see all the stuff but this place just seems to eat money.
Dreading to think what I'm going to be like if my student loan doesn't come through by the time term starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've written my scary letter to tell my parents that I'm resitting 2nd year :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 742
Original post by Odd socks
So I've written my scary letter to tell my parents that I'm resitting 2nd year :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

want any of us to read it over it?
Original post by PandaWho
want any of us to read it over it?

Thanks for offering :hugs: but it's sealed in the envelope now :/ Wolfie gave it a look and said it was fine though :smile: so scared to post it in the morning :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 744
Thanks for offering :hugs: but it's sealed in the envelope now :/ Wolfie gave it a look and said it was fine though :smile: so scared to post it in the morning :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

always trust wolf :smile:

it will be fine im sure, try not to worry or panic over it! you sending it first class yeah?
Original post by PandaWho
always trust wolf :smile:

it will be fine im sure, try not to worry or panic over it! you sending it first class yeah?

The wolf knows all :yep:

Yeah I'm sending it first class, worried about the fallout when they get it though :/

Also writing a message to my mean friend, facing so much scary stuff tonight :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 746
The wolf knows all :yep:

Yeah I'm sending it first class, worried about the fallout when they get it though :/

Also writing a message to my mean friend, facing so much scary stuff tonight :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

im sure it will be fine hun, they will be worried about it, and mybe upset you didnt feel you could tell them straight away, but im sure they wont hate you or anything!

hopefully you feel better after doing it all though, like a weight lifted :jumphug:
Original post by WelshBluebird

Wooo :smile:

:biggrin:
Original post by Meaty_man
I had a similar experience when i went to a "Recovery Awareness Program" for all kinds of addictions, a lot of the people there were 40+. It is a bit worrying seeing older people with the same problems, but at the same time, it's a sign that you're fighting this a lot quicker than most. It took them a long time to get where they are, but you are already there at a much younger age. It's a sign of your strength :hugs:

You never know when something may click, and things could start to fall into place. Good things can happen at the most unexpected of times. :smile:

I got all worried about having electric stuff near the bath, as awesome as it is :biggrin: Maybe when i have disposable income it won't bother me so much :tongue:

I guess that's one way of looking at it. When I was at the hearing voices group, whilst I didn't ask, I got the impression that these people had been struggling for a long time and it's like sure I'm getting help but it's not doing anything, am I going to end up like them when I'm 40? I know this sounds really arrogant of me but they were unemployed, overweight and smoked a hell of a lot- which I know is kinda normal with severe mental illnesses but it's like I was looking at my own future, hence why I gave up going even though the actual talking bit was pretty helpful.

The toilet in my bathroom is nearish to the bath so I can put the laptop on top without being so close that I need to worry about it getting wet. But yeah I won't use my phone in the bath as I get scared I'll drop it in :tongue:

Original post by purple-duck
Haha :redface: Is wife being more helpful recently? :smile:

Good :biggrin: Yeah was fun!
Guardians of the Galaxy! Tempted to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and How to Train Your Dragon 2, too :tongue: Even if I've seen those two already :colondollar: GotG has some pretty great reviews by the sounds of things though :smile: Going to head off in a bit I think! It's at 6pm-ish too, which is good as I'll get back around 10ish maybe, avoid relatives a bit (not that they're not nice, but just makes it easier)

Not really. She still thinks tickling is an appropriate response. :sigh:

I've seen Guardians of the Galaxy it was pretty good. What did you think of it? I really want to see Let's be cops but my wife says the reviews are crap so she's not seeing it.
TLG Update: Huge influx of relatives for the summer (started yesterday) so will hardly be on here. Don't panic if I don't post for many days in a row! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug:

Original post by Cantthinkofname
I'll just start talking because the title of this thread is 'mental health'.

My story isn't as bad as many of you people on this page but for me it is very hard. When I was two years old my parents divorced, we lived in New York we are American. When they divorced my mum decided to come to England. I wasn't used to this at all considering everything about New York leaving all my family, I only had my brother and sister and my mum. My dad had made a plan that every summer me and my brother and sister move back for the duration of the holiday. I know this May seem like a very good thing, it is for me I love it but at the end of summer I have to leave my dad and my country. I live in a small town a aswell which I hate because the neighbors are always doing bad things (I won't go into detail) I've been to CAMS or however you spell it and it was alright but I decided not to because they placed me on tier three which is self harm which I don't deliberately do. I just need to talk to someone with the problems. I'm sixteen and in nine days again the torture of separating from my father begins. If you read this thankyou.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to you and all the other newbies! It sounds really rough, being in your situation. I'm not sure what to say but have a hug! :hugs:

Original post by tasha96
Back to lying curled up on the floor just listening to harry potter audio books again. :cry2: That's what I used to do before I went into hospital. Dont know how to snap out of it- I feel so awful. :cry2: And its so fecking pathetic- Im eighteen ffs I should be able to deal with things and I dont and just dijggo;iwej;okmdq.dmkkkv. :bawling:

Not pathetic at all lovely :nah:
The worst thing is she does know about my MH problems yet she still puts me down and makes fun of me, calls me names and expects me to run around after her, even though she knows how much stress I'm under just now :frown: I'd wanted to cut ties with her gradually but maybe now is the time to do it, she's mad at me anyway so I might just tell her to stop being friends with me :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my :shock: Definitely cut her out - I'm so sorry you've had to put up with this :console: Just distance yourself and get her away!!

:hugs:
Reply 751
my calfs are really painful today, and all i can think is cos i didnt wear my insoles on monday and did quite a lot of standing/walking really hate the fact my body hates me the day after i dont do what i should :s-smilie:

brother went today to carry on his travels before moving back to china for a year. it felt so right having them here :s-smilie:

but on a positive note, me and my mum have organised a day for when im in the north as like a her and my step dads joint birthday day. and were going up to the lakes for the day, and go on a boat cruize and have a picnic and the lancaster bombers are doing a fly over aswell. and were going to the icecream place, and ill TRY remember to take a photo before i get over excited!
Original post by Cantthinkofname
I'll just start talking because the title of this thread is 'mental health'.

My story isn't as bad as many of you people on this page but for me it is very hard. When I was two years old my parents divorced, we lived in New York we are American. When they divorced my mum decided to come to England. I wasn't used to this at all considering everything about New York leaving all my family, I only had my brother and sister and my mum. My dad had made a plan that every summer me and my brother and sister move back for the duration of the holiday. I know this May seem like a very good thing, it is for me I love it but at the end of summer I have to leave my dad and my country. I live in a small town a aswell which I hate because the neighbors are always doing bad things (I won't go into detail) I've been to CAMS or however you spell it and it was alright but I decided not to because they placed me on tier three which is self harm which I don't deliberately do. I just need to talk to someone with the problems. I'm sixteen and in nine days again the torture of separating from my father begins. If you read this thankyou.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you're a US citizen? In which case I think you can move back to the US without restriction. You say you're 16 so you could try going to university in the US once you reach 18?
Original post by bubble999
Oh my :shock: Definitely cut her out - I'm so sorry you've had to put up with this :console: Just distance yourself and get her away!!

:hugs:

I tried to cut things nicely, I apologised and spent ages working on a message to tell her how I'm feeling and not blaming her, but she's really pissed at me now. I feel sick, there's a huge pit of anxiety in my stomach now :/

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569131.807256.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help :frown: she's so annoyed at me she's turning it round and calling me horrible :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help :frown: she's so annoyed at me she's turning it round and calling me horrible :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just block her from your phone. You don't need **** like this :nope:
Will reply to people in a bit :redface:

Finished watching film - which was really really good, and I check my phone and on facebook some friends have made a message group to organise some camping to the lake district - in part just so they can meet up with me (I think/from the sounds of it) - I moved away from where they live (and all my friends) in february, and it's just so lovely and awesome of them.

But for some reason my mind doesn't think "oh yay, I can be happy" it just starts to get scared, and I get anxiet-y, and then walk back home feeling as low as anything and just so confused because I know I shouldn't be. :frown:

And part of me knows that I'm a good friend, and that so are they, but at the same time I'm telling myself that I'll just disappoint them/I'm rubbish, and for some reason that bit of me wins and I just feel rubbish and confused and stupid :frown: :s-smilie:

I'm not sure when they're hoping to do it and I'm just scared to see what's happening/have to reply. I replied to say "Sounds good"/etc. but they've said stuff since then/I have notifications. I don't know :s-smilie:

I just hate it :frown:

Edit: I do have some KFC to munch on though :redface: I mean munching on chips on the way back didn't help, but I left the piece of chicken for now. :sad:
(edited 9 years ago)
I tried to cut things nicely, I apologised and spent ages working on a message to tell her how I'm feeling and not blaming her, but she's really pissed at me now. I feel sick, there's a huge pit of anxiety in my stomach now :/

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569131.807256.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't reply. Leave her to cool down. Seriously ignore her, she's making you feel **** for no reason but to make herself feel better (so twisted, but likely).

Distract yourself instead - watch some tv or read a book etc. It'll be worth cutting ties :yep:

I'm here for you :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Just block her from your phone. You don't need **** like this :nope:

Look :frown:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569887.620754.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569897.061314.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569907.035477.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569917.791180.jpg

I'm so scared of what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look :frown:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569887.620754.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569897.061314.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569907.035477.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408569917.791180.jpg

I'm so scared of what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell her your mate TLG tells her to ****ing get a grip and get over herself :yep:

Latest