The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

University of Dundee first year accommodation

I'm going into first year medicine in Dundee but haven't applied for accommodation yet. Does anyone know if there are still vacancies in the on campus accommodation for first years? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im going into first year business computing and rang the accommodation guys today, what he said was that atm its all full but on monday all the people who didn't get accepted or pay deposits on time, their places will be given up on a first-come first-serve basis. Hopin to get into belmont tower as private accomm's fillin up quick
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by Dbercules
im going into first year business computing and rang the accommodation guys today, what he said was that atm its all full but on monday all the people who didn't get accepted or pay deposits on time, their places will be given up on a first-come first-serve basis. Hopin to get into belmont tower as private accomm's fillin up quick

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3
Dundee was my insurance choice so I'm hoping to get into halls too. I completed the application on Friday after they emailed me log in details. I assume they'll email us on Monday with details like we're on a waiting list or what to do next if we get a place?
Original post by Potter95
Dundee was my insurance choice so I'm hoping to get into halls too. I completed the application on Friday after they emailed me log in details. I assume they'll email us on Monday with details like we're on a waiting list or what to do next if we get a place?

So far I haven't had an email about my position. The "Online Residences Services" still has me marked as "awaiting allocation".
(edited 9 years ago)
There aren't as many spare places for accommodation, this is going to be extremely difficult.
Original post by ModernScholar
There aren't as many spare places for accommodation, this is going to be extremely difficult.

i've just received an offer today and i applied last week. I've also spoken to someone at the student residency place and they've said there are still places so you should be in luck. I guess you could always phone up during business hours and ask :smile:
Original post by noaheatswhales
i've just received an offer today and i applied last week. I've also spoken to someone at the student residency place and they've said there are still places so you should be in luck. I guess you could always phone up during business hours and ask :smile:

A while ago I got an email advising me to look for private accommodation, does this not suggest that I'm very unlikely to receive a place?
A while ago I got an email advising me to look for private accommodation, does this not suggest that I'm very unlikely to receive a place?

hmm i'm not sure. I guess you could always send an email/phone asking about it. I guess not everyones accepted their offers for accommodation as some people are still waiting for their results so there might be some sort of waiting list
hmm i'm not sure. I guess you could always send an email/phone asking about it. I guess not everyones accepted their offers for accommodation as some people are still waiting for their results so there might be some sort of waiting list

Also I'm in a tough position. I've booked for "The Hub", the deposit is due tomorrow but I haven't had the application confirmation yet AND I haven't been rejected by the UoD Accommodation yet. What do you make of this? Sorry to trouble you with my concerns but I'd like some assisstance from somewhere.
Also I'm in a tough position. I've booked for "The Hub", the deposit is due tomorrow but I haven't had the application confirmation yet AND I haven't been rejected by the UoD Accommodation yet. What do you make of this? Sorry to trouble you with my concerns but I'd like some assisstance from somewhere.

Hmm i'm not sure. You could set up a live chat with someone from the hub? i guess the hub is cheaper in total and the rooms are nicer than the UoD ones but the only problem i had with the hub was that you don't get an option to pay in monthly instalments unless you applied before a certain date.

http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/dundee/the-hub/

there should be a live chat option at the side, they're usually quite quick at responding
Reply 11

If you're in The Hub, take it. It's right beside the university anyway, and I'm presuming its not much more expensive.
Original post by scott301
To all up coming first years, please join my group for the 2014-2015 freshers coming up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/945132648842423/

Only when I've dealt with accommodation.
Only when I've dealt with accommodation.

lol okay okay but when you have feel free to join! trying to get as many dundee freshers as i can :biggrin:
Original post by scott301
lol okay okay but when you have feel free to join! trying to get as many dundee freshers as i can :biggrin:

I can't sleep with all this uncertainty. I'm going nuts. Do you know anything about Courthouse?

Hey I was just wondering if you paid the deposit for the hub or if you're still looking? :smile:
I can't sleep with all this uncertainty. I'm going nuts. Do you know anything about Courthouse?

nope wasnt one of the places I considered, I was rejected like many others a place in halls so looked for accommodation.... was gonna go into the hub but was no space, now im planning on The Old Mill so... yeah
Hey I was just wondering if you paid the deposit for the hub or if you're still looking? :smile:

I suppose I'm being overdramatic. Anyway, I've dropped the hub and am still looking. This is a tiring process.
I suppose I'm being overdramatic. Anyway, I've dropped the hub and am still looking. This is a tiring process.

Nah dont worry its quite stressful. It really is! Have you tried phoning the uni residencies up? I think they'd be able to help a lot
Nah dont worry its quite stressful. It really is! Have you tried phoning the uni residencies up? I think they'd be able to help a lot

I'm on the waiting list for university accommodation... unless you mean phoning them up for advice?

It's really a toss-up between the mill, keiller or courthouse. SLC are stopping me from committing due to the finance change related to being accepted by insurance university (Dundee).

Quick Reply

Latest