The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

The Old Mill Student Accommodation

I have just accepted a place at Dundee through clearing. Halls and The Hub are currently full, does anybody know anything about The Old Mill, good or bad? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Panicbum
I have just accepted a place at Dundee through clearing. Halls and The Hub are currently full, does anybody know anything about The Old Mill, good or bad? Thanks

Hey, I'm in the same position as you were/are. There is also Courthouse. What have you looked at?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
I've been looking at Keiller who provide 8 installments (payment) which is pretty helpful if your finances haven't gone through yet with SLC.

The Courthouse has a one year out of date website and their telephone contact is actually a mobile which doesn't pick up straight away.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sqew
Hey, I'm in the same position as you were/are. There is also Courthouse. What have you looked at?

Oh and I've looked at the Old Mill, Keiller and Courthouse. The Hub is just... no.
Reply 4
Original post by ModernScholar
The Courthouse has a one year out of date website and their telephone contact is actually a mobile which doesn't pick up straight away.

I did think that using a mobile number was odd and the lady that answered it was rather impatient. Their postcode on the website is also wrong, it should be DD1 1JP.

What's wrong with the hub, the payments?
Reply 5
The Hub looks great but I was told it is full with over 60 waiting. I have booked The Old Mill. Hope it is OK. The people taking bookings were very helpful.
Original post by Sqew
I did think that using a mobile number was odd and the lady that answered it was rather impatient. Their postcode on the website is also wrong, it should be DD1 1JP.

What's wrong with the hub, the payments?

Yes just the payment method, I had to lose my place today because of it.

I guess it's Keiller Court or The Old Mill. Gah. What's the situation with you Sqew?
Reply 7
Yes just the payment method, I had to lose my place today because of it.

I guess it's Keiller Court or The Old Mill. Gah. What's the situation with you Sqew?

Pretty gutted that I'm late applying for accommodation. Keiller only had one room left (sharing with non-first years) when I called this morning that I'm interested in (but not sure if I'd be comfortable with non-first years). I'm still interested in Courthouse. I'm apprehensive about Old Mill because of some old TSR threads
Does anyone know how i will be able to book accommodation with first year students, at either courthouse, old mill or Keiller court.
Reply 9
Original post by babarneyazi
Does anyone know how i will be able to book accommodation with first year students, at either courthouse, old mill or Keiller court.

In the booking form you might be able to request to be with first years. Remember that the only people booking currently will be first years who are on the insurance choice as everyone else will have sorted accommodation earlier.
Original post by Sqew
In the booking form you might be able to request to be with first years. Remember that the only people booking currently will be first years who are on the insurance choice as everyone else will have sorted accommodation earlier.

Ok thanks, may i ask where you booked and if you know if you are with first years or not.
Reply 11
Original post by babarneyazi
Ok thanks, may i ask where you booked and if you know if you are with first years or not.

I haven't booked anything yet. I've only made a few phone calls.
I've accepted a place now... gonna have to hope its all good, by the looks off the website its a nice place... it will do
Original post by Sqew
Pretty gutted that I'm late applying for accommodation. Keiller only had one room left (sharing with non-first years) when I called this morning that I'm interested in (but not sure if I'd be comfortable with non-first years). I'm still interested in Courthouse. I'm apprehensive about Old Mill because of some old TSR threads

Courthouse is in the back of my mind. I accidentally reserved a place at Keiller and need to get my maintenance loan shifted earlier before committing (so I can feel secure about paying). What about you?

I can't sleep.

If we all end up at the old mill we could meet up. Would be amusing. What are you studying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Courthouse is in the back of my mind. I accidentally reserved a place at Keiller and need to get my maintenance loan shifted earlier before committing (so I can feel secure about paying). What about you?

I can't sleep.

If we all end up at the old mill we could meet up. Would be amusing. What are you studying?

When I called keiller court yesterday I was told there was just one bed left. So that's accidentally been taken? haha. Just a heads up, I was told that it would be sharing with none first years there (if you did reserve the last room).
My maintenance will probably take a while to go through because I changed Uni a couple of days ago and so had to update my Student Finance which can take between 2 days to 6 weeks to process. I'll be paying the first payment myself most likely.
I'm studying Computer Science. What about you?

I think I'm more swaying to Courthouse but like you want more information.
Original post by Sqew
When I called keiller court yesterday I was told there was just one bed left. So that's accidentally been taken? haha. Just a heads up, I was told that it would be sharing with none first years there (if you did reserve the last room).
My maintenance will probably take a while to go through because I changed Uni a couple of days ago and so had to update my Student Finance which can take between 2 days to 6 weeks to process. I'll be paying the first payment myself most likely.
I'm studying Computer Science. What about you?

I think I'm more swaying to Courthouse but like you want more information.

Woops. European Philosophy :wink:
The Old Mill is great! Very Social! I'm been here for my first year, summer and now second year!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending