The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

What freshers packages are people buying? vvvvery confused right now. Don't really want to buy the whole lot if people normally just go for the standard one
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by SianSpice
I've had a pack from my subject about what they are doing for freshers/first couple weeks, but nothing about the official freshers!

Oh, what are you studying? My college hasn't sent any welcome information yet... :redface:
Original post by PhoebeClark
What freshers packages are people buying? vvvvery confused right now. Don't really want to buy the whole lot if people normally just go for the standard one

I bought the Freshers' Fest Plus package because it included more events. :smile: My flatmates went for the same tickets, so hopefully I will go to some of the events with them. Try talking with your flatmates to see what ticket they've got.

I don't especially enjoy the clubbing scene, nor drink at all, but I thought I could attend a few night events, and meet new people. I really do want to make the most of freshers' week and have a good time!

I think most people went for the freshers' fest plus ticket because they either didn't exactly know which events they were going to attend or wanted to try everything. :smile: I reckon some only bought the freshers' ball ticket too (I heard some big names were going to perfom!) You can sell your tickets later on if you can't make it to all the events.

It depends on what kind of experience you want to have, really...
Go with an open mind!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Grace .
Oh, what are you studying? My college hasn't sent any welcome information yet... :redface:

Psychology :smile: I'm sure you will get one soon, imagine some schools are faster than others :smile:
Original post by SianSpice
Psychology :smile: I'm sure you will get one soon, imagine some schools are faster than others :smile:

Ah cool :smile: Yes, you're right. Thanks!
Original post by M-Dog
Guys, i have filled in everything in order to register as a student but i cant seem to find the final button to submit everything off!!
All the sections have 'ticks' on each section.

If you've filled everything in and signed the University Charter bit then it automatically submits it for you, you should have got an e-mail confirming that you've registered. :smile:
Reply 1886
Original post by dsfdsfdsf
If you've filled everything in and signed the University Charter bit then it automatically submits it for you, you should have got an e-mail confirming that you've registered. :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by lizz-ie
Are you going to be there during the NatSci social thing in welcome week? I'm more worried about the Chemistry than the Maths! Haven't even got there and I already feel like I'm going to be struggling haha!

Being a rep I should really make the effort haha. Well I'm Alex remind me when you see me :smile:

Chemistry starts off like wtaf but it does get better once you start actually understanding mechanisms haha. Maths is the bad one but not if you're a whizz!
Original post by lw260
Anyone doing Philosophy this year or got accommodation in Victoria Hall near B38-4??

I'm in Victoria Hall B50! :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex Bampton
Being a rep I should really make the effort haha. Well I'm Alex remind me when you see me :smile:

Chemistry starts off like wtaf but it does get better once you start actually understanding mechanisms haha. Maths is the bad one but not if you're a whizz!

I'm Lizzie but you can probably tell that from my username!
Okay... chemistry does not sound fun! Don't know whether to be looking forward to it or dreading it :wink: I'm not too worried about the maths, I've always found it easier than chem :smile:
Is anyone in Victoria Hall Phase 1 or 2?
Is anyone under the freshers guarantee still waiting to hear what accommodation they have ?
Has anyone had a welcome pack from either the uni or Maths department ?
I haven't had a welcome pack yet - chem eng.
Reply 1893
Original post by Little Wing
I haven't had a welcome pack yet - chem eng.

Nor have I, I finished registering earlier this week. I'm pretty sure they said the ID card will be delivered after a few weeks with the welcome pack I'm sure.
Original post by M-Dog
Do we need our student finance letter? I have misplaced mine...

If you log onto student finance online there's copies of all correspondence, like scanned copies of any letters sent to you x
Original post by tdingley1022
Awww I'm in 60-A! :smile:

Aw I moved to liberty close now! I needed to be closer to the dental hosp😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1896
Has anyone else booked a " how to use the library" session...I did! Loool
heyy guys i'm confused on whether to get the freshers fest standard or the plus tickets. which one did everyone else buy?
Original post by tanja55
heyy guys i'm confused on whether to get the freshers fest standard or the plus tickets. which one did everyone else buy?

I bought Plus because I think the ball looks good! Depends whether you want to go to it or not I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
I bought Plus because I think the ball looks good! Depends whether you want to go to it or not I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is the ball? is it like a proper ball?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending