The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
Sturridge > Ballotelli

Nothing to panic about tbh unless Brenda plays them both up front together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arteta is only out for 2 weeks sadly, was hoping for a lengthy spell on the sidelines so AW would get someone in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Liverpool in talks to sign balotelli breaking news on SSN. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Better than them being in talks with Cavani or Falcao, proper strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4483
I don't think Wenger is waiting for the last day I just think he doesn't think he's found some one suitable to replace Arteta this window (in his eyes)

CB will be covered with Manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wenger on signings: "We are not in an emergency case but we are open to any opportunity to strengthen our defensive department."

This guyyy mann.
Reply 4485
Wenger on signings: "We are not in an emergency case but we are open to any opportunity to strengthen our defensive department."

This guyyy mann.

He did tell us early on he wasn't going for any more strikers and we haven't been linked with any tbh

There won't be a signing bigger then Sanchez this window

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
I don't think Wenger is waiting for the last day I just think he doesn't think he's found some one suitable to replace Arteta this window (in his eyes)

CB will be covered with Manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile

And 4th will be occupied by us again if that's the case. We should have gotten a ST and DM at the beginning of the damn window ffs.

Everyone was in hysterics over the signing of Alexis, great and all but other than that, all we've done is replace the players that have gone out, and brought in Alexis.

Now if we hadn't brought in Sanchez and just got Ospina, Chambers and Debuchy, people would be furious because they haven't addressed the issues in the team. If we don't get a DM and a ST, sod this ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Better than them being in talks with Cavani or Falcao, proper strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cavani...meh. I'll still take him though.

But still, gives them that fear factor and can finish.
Reply 4488
And 4th will be occupied by us again if that's the case. We should have gotten a ST and DM at the beginning of the damn window ffs.

Everyone was in hysterics over the signing of Alexis, great and all but other than that, all we've done is replace the players that have gone out, and brought in Alexis.

Now if we hadn't brought in Sanchez and just got Ospina, Chambers and Debuchy, people would be furious because they haven't addressed the issues in the team. If we don't get a DM and a ST, sod this ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't disagree tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Balotelli is 4 or so years younger than Cavani and about 5 than Falcao. Got to say he is someone with time on his side to get to the top still. It's a risk, but so was Suarez when he joined to be fair.

Surprised Arsenal never seemed to have any interest for him tbh.
Original post by AR_95
He did tell us early on he wasn't going for any more strikers and we haven't been linked with any tbh

There won't be a signing bigger then Sanchez this window

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cri evryteim.
Reply 4491
I cri evryteim.

I actually might put a bet on us getting 4th at this point.

This guyyy mann.

Not in any emergency case despite the fact that Arteta is just awful, should really be shipped out to the Spanish 2nd division, Giroud is...well Giroud and currently our best CB, is a 19 year old!!

It's the hope that kills you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford
I actually might put a bet on us getting 4th at this point.

Inb4 Kruz puts that in his sig.
@DiMarzio saying that Rabiot will now cost £24m!! That's the end of that one then!

And Dean is saying we can afford to pay 200k on a big punt, assuming we qualify next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Cavani...meh. I'll still take him though.

But still, gives them that fear factor and can finish.

Can finish?!!

Inside the box conversion rates are as follows (pardon the formatting):
Balotelli: 8 for 57 = 14.0%
Giroud: 16 for 90 = 17.8%
Benzema: 15 for 82 = 18.3%
Mandzukic: 18 for 74 = 24.3%
Cavani: 15 for 75 = 20%

He has a worse conversion rate that Giroud and we all know the stick he gets (mostly because he's the only one and not an option) By no means am I saying he's worse than Giroud though, that would be rude and I would still take him any day over Olivier because I'm sick of him being the only out and out ST we have, don't count Sanogoals, he's a bloody postman, and terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
"Arteta out for 2 weeks"

dm incoming brahhssssssss
Can finish?!!

Inside the box conversion rates are as follows (pardon the formatting):
Balotelli: 8 for 57 = 14.0%
Giroud: 16 for 90 = 17.8%
Benzema: 15 for 82 = 18.3%
Mandzukic: 18 for 74 = 24.3%
Cavani: 15 for 75 = 20%

He has a worse conversion rate that Giroud and we all know the stick he gets (mostly because he's the only one and not an option) By no means am I saying he's worse than Giroud though, that would be rude and I would still take him any day over Olivier because I'm sick of him being the only out and out ST we have, don't count Sanogoals, he's a bloody postman, and terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But 20% is better than 17%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Balotelli is 4 or so years younger than Cavani and about 5 than Falcao. Got to say he is someone with time on his side to get to the top still. It's a risk, but so was Suarez when he joined to be fair.

Surprised Arsenal never seemed to have any interest for him tbh.

Yeah he reminds me a bit of Suarez, troubled childhood wrt adoption and racism. Think he'll do well for pool. Rodgers is a good man manager as well as a tactician.
Original post by AR_95

Banked. This will be used a lot this season.

Latest