The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG SSN reporting that Khedira and di maria want to leave RM. And khedira could be on his way to Arsenal with Arsene wanting him here.
Original post by jam278
Was more talking about how Sanchez is not a superstar as he'd struggle to start for Chelsea...

Lol stop trolling and go back to the Chelsea thread, or is it not very active because Chelsea are a small club and don't have many fans?
Reply 4562
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Or "Sanchez is **** anyways".

:lol:

"Lallana is better than Ramsey" has been said before. I'm never letting that one go
When we were playing against bestikas:

A boy on twitter went: "In sha Allah Arsenal will lose."
And some guy replied: "I hope your first born studies BTEC trolley collecting."

:rofl: I'm dead.
Original post by leinad2012
Lol stop trolling and go back to the Chelsea thread, or is it not very active because Chelsea are a small club and don't have many fans?

A small club with more CL trophies than Arsenal. Also for all of your love of Arsenal they have 4 PL trophies in the modern era. Easily arguable that Chelsea have been better in the PL era. You sound like a liverpool fan. :smile:

Not trolling either, just saying that Sanchez is an overrated player.
OMG SSN reporting that Khedira and di maria want to leave RM. And khedira could be on his way to Arsenal with Arsene wanting him here.

thought this saga had already happened in the summer? and his wages are just to high..

Hmm.. I would like it though,

100% perfect summer for our midfield, for me, would be:

Khedira + this young french DM kid..

Gives a good solution for now (ramsey + khedira) but also a more defensive option, and a long-term prospect in this young lad, for away games/games that need more defensive cover..

That + arteta/flamini, and the midfield is just stacked for a good few years..
Reply 4566
Original post by fallen_acorns
thought this saga had already happened in the summer? and his wages are just to high..

Gives a good solution for now (ramsey + khedira) but also a more defensive option, and a long-term prospect in this young lad, for away games/games that need more defensive cover..

You know, there's talks of Chambers being developed into a CDM. If so, he's more likely to be holding (seems that way anyway), in which case we don't need a young CDM if we get Khadira. Khadira is 27 and should hold his spot alongside Ramsey for 4/5 years so it will give Chambers enough time to develop into a holding CDM (cup games, injuries and such).

So essentially, if we get Khadira all we need is a CB
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
A small club with more CL trophies than Arsenal. Also for all of your love of Arsenal they have 4 PL trophies in the modern era. Easily arguable that Chelsea have been better in the PL era. You sound like a liverpool fan. :smile:

Nottingham forest have won the champions league twice, are they a bugger club than Chelsea?

Give Sanchez time in prem before judging him hazard hardly set the prem alight in his first season and you're saying Sanchez is overrated after 2 games
When we were playing against bestikas:

A boy on twitter went: "In sha Allah Arsenal will lose."
And some guy replied: "I hope your first born studies BTEC trolley collecting."

:rofl: I'm dead.

Lol I saw that!! And the guy that initially tweeted was an LFC Fan, mad obsessed, especially the London Liverpool fans (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns

Best and realistic looking scenario right now would be Khedira + a 19 year old Bulgarian centre back playing in the Romanian league 2.
Original post by jam278

Better in the PL era, not better or bigger overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol I saw that!! And the guy that initially tweeted was an LFC Fan, mad obsessed, especially the London Liverpool fans (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peggles I flew off my chair in laughter, boy that had me gasping for air loool.
Original post by leinad2012
Nottingham forest have won the champions league twice, are they a bugger club than Chelsea?

Give Sanchez time in prem before judging him hazard hardly set the prem alight in his first season and you're saying Sanchez is overrated after 2 games

I've given him time after watching him at Barca. He's incredibly frustrating to watch. Messes up his final pass more often than not. He's a very inconsistent finisher, scores a couple wondergoals and gets away with his average finishing.

Can't cross, struggles with a final ball. He does have good technique but see him turning into Gervinho personally. Unless you play counter attacking football like Dortmund and not slow possession football like you generally do you will not get the best out of Sanchez.

Also Hazard did well in his first season and was 4 years younger than Sanchez when he first joined Chelsea, completely different situations.
Reply 4573
I would have personally liked to give Rabiot a chance to develop in the team. Arteta should be on his way out soon but so will Flamini. Even if we signed Khedira, by the time Khedira would be on his way out then Rabiot will most likely be entering his (early) peak years too.
Original post by Peggles_*
Better in the PL era, not better or bigger overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool, is that you?
Original post by SHOO
You know, there's talks of Chambers being developed into a CDM. If so, he's more likely to be holding (seems that way anyway), in which case we don't need a young CDM if we get Khadira. Khadira is 27 and should hold his spot alongside Ramsey for 4/5 years so it will give Chambers enough time to develop into a holding CDM (cup games, injuries and such).

So essentially, if we get Khadira all we need is a CB

dont mind this, but what I dont want to see is chambers end up like jones for united, not really being settled in any position because he is played in to many..

If he is going to be CDM, then great, but in that case more CB cover is needed, etc.

Personally though given how good he has looked (for a 19 year old) I would prefer to see him kept in defense, and seen as a longer term replacement for mert.. and buy another player for CDM
Original post by AR_95
I would have personally liked to give Rabiot a chance to develop in the team. Arteta should be on his way out soon but so will Flamini. Even if we signed Khedira, by the time Khedira would be on his way out then Rabiot will most likely be entering his (early) peak years too.

Not for £24m though. PSG are high, just the other week he was on the way out for £6m and now @DiMarzio is saying they want silly money for a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
I've given him time after watching him at Barca. He's incredibly frustrating to watch. Messes up his final pass more often than not. He's a very inconsistent finisher, scores a couple wondergoals and gets away with his average finishing.

Can't cross, struggles with a final ball. He does have good technique but see him turning into Gervinho personally. Unless you play counter attacking football like Dortmund and not slow possession football like you generally do you will not get the best out of Sanchez.

Also Hazard did well in his first season and was 4 years younger than Sanchez when he first joined Chelsea, completely different situations.

All I'm saying I'd give him time, hazard was decent but not amazing in any way. Also has about 80mil of striking talent to aim for upfront Sanchez and ozil only have giroud to aim at.

Also you didn't reply to my comment about the Chelsea thread, why aren't you on there rather than on the arsenal thread?
Original post by jam278
Liverpool, is that you?

Surely not, you cannot argue against this. I even remember you saying when you won the CL that we are still bigger. For what it's worth, Bucharest have a European Cup and that doesn't make them bigger than us.

It goes United/Liverpool (personally I cannot separate the two) then Arsenal, Chelsea. Villa (historically one of the major players of English football) Everton/Spurs. New money teams like yourself and City prior to investment were nowhere near you are now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If Khedira ends up going to Bayern, I'll just hang my head in shame.

Latest