The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
If Khedira ends up going to Bayern, I'll just hang my head in shame.

Would make sense given they have a bunch of midfield injuries now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Exactly. That's the point what toms saying is absolute ****. By his logic Chelsea are a small club because they let a "superstar" sign for a rival club. That obviously isn't the case...

Sanchez isn't a superstar
Reply 4582
You guys do realise that all of these wonderful rumours that have blossomed out of no where are more likely to be bull****.

Sky sports page says "Wenger keen to strengthen" and booooooom! Daily mail, independent, guardian, daily mirror, caught offside etc etc all get a boner and start posting articles such as "Arsenal's interest in Khadira is reignited, and sources in Jamaca say that Cavani is travelling to london for Arsenal medical" :/

Wenger is probably concentrating on the Saturday game and will really become active in the transfer widow in the final week (when we've secured champions league)

Also, Wenger was never even interested in Balo or Khadira, it's just been media speculation really
Reply 4583
Reports that Liverpool signed Balotelli for £16m. :redface:
Original post by Peggles_*
Surely not, you cannot despite this. I even remember you saying when you won the CL that we are still bigger. For what it's worth Bucharest have a European Cup and that doesn't make them bigger than us.

It goes United/Liverpool (personally I cannot separate the two) then Arsenal, Chelsea. Villa (historically one of the major players of English football) Everton/Spurs. New money teams like yourself and City prior to investment were nowhere near you are now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I say that Chelsea were a bigger club than Arsenal? I said we have more CL trophies than Arsenal. Did not say at any point that we are a bigger club than Arsenal. When people stop putting words into my mouth I can have a decent conversation.

And fwiw I agree with the second paragraph but Everton are a bigger and better club than Spurs. Would be above Villa if Villa didn't have a european cup to their name.
Original post by llys
Reports that Liverpool signed Balotelli for £16m. :redface:

Afternoon, just woke up?
Reply 4586
Afternoon, just woke up?

Yeah, just saw they've been discussing this for hours on the Liverpool thread. :tongue:
Original post by baconbutty
Sanchez isn't a superstar

You're not allowed to say that. You have to give him time man despite having watched him for Barca and for Chile.

Also lol at making Sanchez main no.9 without a partner, without the finishing ability, or the passing ability of a false 9, or the hold up play of a 9. It's as if SHOO is playing FIFA.
Original post by llys
Yeah, just saw they've been discussing this for hours on the Liverpool thread. :tongue:

Haha, I figured. News broke since about 9am :tongue:

How do you feel about the transfer?
Original post by jam278
You're not allowed to say that. You have to give him time man despite having watched him for Barca and for Chile.

Also lol at making Sanchez main no.9 without a partner, without the finishing ability, or the passing ability of a false 9, or the hold up play of a 9. It's as if SHOO is playing FIFA.

Let's be honest though if he'd signed for Chelsea we wouldn't be able to hear you your head would be so far up his arse...
Reply 4590
Original post by jam278

I knew you'll disagree. It's something that we'll see with time.. Personally - I see it working. But we'll see

No way should Wenger settle for Giroud up front and if we don't buy a striker I assume (and hope) it's because Sanchez is given an opportunity to play there.

Having said that, Walcott can play centrally & Sanchez can remain in the wing too actually.. But I doubt that
Original post by Tom_Ford
I've been a lurker. Don't know why everyone is out to get me tbh, this is a witch hunt and cyber bullying. I am the victim here.

Its what happens on these threads, they're all narcisstic characters.

Original post by 56isback
It's like that pyscho ex, the one who dumps you but when you try to move on she'll sabotage every single date you have :laugh:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Destroyed him.
Original post by Peggles_*
Would make sense given they have a bunch of midfield injuries now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's just adding salt to my injury lol.
Reply 4593
Ahh that's just adding salt to my injury lol.

You mean in the wound m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Giroud is still Arsenal's first choice striker by the end of the window I'm part of the WOB.
Original post by leinad2012
Let's be honest though if he'd signed for Chelsea we wouldn't be able to hear you your head would be so far up his arse...

Is there any need for petty personal insults in order to validate your views(which are still invalid btw).

I actually put good points that you can't refute while you just use fanboy arguments and question my integrity. Pathetic tbh.
Original post by Ggmu!
You mean in the wound m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I meant what I said, I've heard of both ways.

Don't start with me boy
Original post by Ggmu!
You mean in the wound m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brb putting salt in broken bone with no skin breaks.
Original post by jam278

Would take walcott over him 1000% he might be a marginal upgrade on the left but I'm not expecting miracles.

Walcott may not have the technical ability to his game or the ability to carry the ball at speed but he's a far more effective player in our system. His intelligence in his movement is on another level, far better finisher and his final ball may not be as consistent as the likes of ozil from wide positions but id argue he's his crossing has improved substantially from the Walcott we all knew 2/3 years ago who was an absolute moron when it came to using his skillset in the final 3rd
Reply 4599
Haha, I figured. News broke since about 9am :tongue:

How do you feel about the transfer?

Heh. :tongue: TBH I'm scared that he will be absolutely on fire for Liverpool and scared that Arsenal will be heading for another fourth place finish below Liverpool. :cry2: Of course that could have happened anyway, with Sturridge, but Balotelli has just doubled their chances (before one could hope Sturridge would get injured, but they won't both get injured at the same time). I hope Wenger signs someone I guess he's waiting for CL qualification right. Right? Right? :cry2:

Latest