The Student Room Group

Michael Brown killing: Who is to blame?

Scroll to see replies

Slavery is to blame
They have released the preliminary results of a private autopsy.

Michael Brown was shot at least six times, all from the front, so he was NOT shot in the back.

He was shot four times in the arm, and twice in the head, including once in the eye.

The position of the gun entry points on his arms, seem consistent with eye witness accounts that he had his HANDS UP, pleading with the officer not to shoot him.

Furthermore, he was "likely shot at distance", and therefore was NOT an immediate threat to the office. He was not charging at the officer or any physical thread to him.

It's important to realise though, they are saying that even if that is Michael Brown in that video, the INITIAL CONTACT that Officer Darren Wilson made with Brown wasn't connected to the robbery, it was because he was jaywalking. The police have changed their story about Wilson's knowledge about the robbery too, they initially said that Wilson didn't know about the robbery at all at that point, then the second time they said he was aware of the robbery (and that some cigars were taken) but he didn't know about suspect profile. They're now claiming he saw Brown with some cigars and that's how he potentially tied him with the robbery. However as the police have released so little about the killing, we don't know if Brown's body was found with cigars on him, that remains to be seen.

Personally, even if Brown was involved with the robbery (and I have my doubts), it doesn't excuse a young man having 6 bullets fired into him for stealing a few cigars.

It's the police officer's fault, if they have to resort to such extreme measures, they're not doing their job properly. Our police don't need guns to apprehend suspects.
Original post by DropkickSmurfy
They have released the preliminary results of a private autopsy.

Michael Brown was shot at least six times, all from the front, so he was NOT shot in the back.

He was shot four times in the arm, and twice in the head, including once in the eye.

Nothing quite like being thorough right?
There are people who are coming out on the side of the police officer. I think this will divide opinions in a similar way the Trayvon Martin case did, though probably not quite on the same scale.
Reply 24
Apparently he just robbed some poor Asian man's store. Yet they're all coming out like he was a saint. There is a problem with the representation in the police force there thogh, it should represent the community it serves where as that one clearly doesn't.
Original post by Skunk
Apparently he just robbed some poor Asian man's store. Yet they're all coming out like he was a saint. There is a problem with the representation in the police force there thogh, it should represent the community it serves where as that one clearly doesn't.
Even in black area's somehow all these corner stores are run by pakistnai's.
Reply 26
Original post by tengentoppa
1. He shouldn't have robbed the store.
2. The officer should not have shot him.
3. People should not be rioting.

Dickheads, the lot of them.

Pretty much.
My uncle lives in Missouri, in the St Louis County area, and he's a cop.

His precinct is a different area, so he hasn't worked the trouble in Ferguson, although if it continues there is a chance other precincts may get called in to assist.

Anyhow, he has cop friends who have been working the trouble there, and they told him the majority of the trouble-makers are from out of town. They are not Ferguson people, the majority of Ferguson people want to protest peacefully. There were even people from Chicago there (which is only 4-5 hours away), and they are exploiting the death of Michael Brown, to violently protest their own agenda. This isn't helping anyone and it certainly isn't helping the quest for justice for Michael.

I saw someone say on Twitter, and quite rightly, that the people who have come from out of town to cause trouble, need to take their agenda back to their own cities and towns, and leave Ferguson to protest peacefully. Of course, peaceful protesters are welcome from anywhere, if they can get in.
He could have robbed 50893048024 shops and it still would not justify his murder.

Also, at the time the police who shot him couldn't have known about this supposed robbery.

They're just trying to demonize him, and are putting a murder victim on trial because he is black.
And would you believe it, there is now NEW video from the store, which shows that Mike Brown actually PAID for the cigars.

He leans over the counter at one point, to pick up more cigars, but when he realizes he doesn't have enough money for the others, he puts them back.

But he CLEARLY pays for what he does take.

You see the store clerk take the money.

Apparently what the other store clerk (or manager?) says to Mike Brown, as he's leaving the store, is he shouldn't be leaning over the counter. Mike Brown then pushes him, but another witness said that's because the store worker put his hands on him first.

But this was NOT strong-arm robbery.

Funny that the police didn't release the video of him paying huh?

Now this opens up a whole new can of worms.
Reply 30
Lol this is in ferguson missouri, a state known for racism.

If this thing happens in southern states I can 100% guarantee that it was racially motivated. Confederate states man it's bait with their history that they don't like black people.

This kinda thing happens a lot in america and the police are terrible in keeping **** like this under wraps like they do here. That's why there are riots in america so often compared to here.
Original post by jam278
Lol this is in ferguson missouri, a state known for racism. If this thing happens in southern states I can 100% guarantee that it was racially motivated. Confederate states man it's bait with their history that they don't like black people. This kinda thing happens a lot in america and the police are terrible in keeping **** like this under wraps like they do here. That's why there are riots in america so often compared to here.
They could move to the more progressive liberal places but then they'd all just leave lol
Reply 32
Original post by FictionIsReal
They could move to the more progressive liberal places but then they'd all just leave lol

Don't see why they don't tbh.

I don't see why they aren't doing enough to tackle racism in these parts either. Just absolutely deep rooted hate in the community.
Reply 33
And would you believe it, there is now NEW video from the store, which shows that Mike Brown actually PAID for the cigars.

He leans over the counter at one point, to pick up more cigars, but when he realizes he doesn't have enough money for the others, he puts them back.

Apparently what the other store clerk (or manager?) says to Mike Brown, as he's leaving the store, is he shouldn't be leaning over the counter. Mike Brown then pushes him, but another witness said that's because the store worker put his hands on him first.

Is this true :O. I had my suspicions after I read this:

Well well well. It seems the racists will have to up new material for their smear campaign.

Weird how that video cuts out the apparent confrontation ... Why did the clerk come to see him if he paid for his stuff?

EDIT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhA36PDkC8c

Check this video over again - the FULL one ... the clerk shuts the door (1:15-1:16) ... BROWN grabs hold of the clerk immediately afterwards and pushes him violently aside (assault) ... the clerk doesn't touch Brown - the clerk is half his side and at least double Brown's age.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Made in Tyrone
Weird how that video cuts out the apparent confrontation ... Why did the clerk come to see him if he paid for his stuff?

Weird how you missed the 256 that explained how the confrontation panned out?

Original post by Truths
Weird how you missed the 256 that explained how the confrontation panned out?

The clerk doesn't even touch him (Brown) ... The clerk goes to shut the door and Brown grabs his neck and pushes him away!
Reply 37
- Brown was unarmed.
- Wilson didn't call the shooting in (ignoring standard procedure).
- Wilson shot Brown ten times. Excessive force. Almost sadistic.
- Wilson is a trained officer with knowledge on both how to deal with a suspect whether aggressive or not and with firearm training.
- Shooting someone ten times isn't in the manual.
- There are ways to paralyse a suspect without needing an extra coffin. This is emphasised by the fact that we are dealing with a trained officer.

I'm placing my bets on the officer involved.

You don't empty a whole bleeding magazine into someone whether aggressive or not, (unless it is Rasputin of course).
Reply 38
Original post by WhitePrideGirl
Even in black area's somehow all these corner stores are run by pakistnai's.

As a pakistani this made me laugh, but they were probably Indian as the female was not wearing a headscarf.
Brother Nathanael think's the Zionist media are trying to incite more racial violence do you think he's right? With Trayvon Martin it was far worse they were race baiting from the get go. To start of Zimmerman technically wasn't even white, the media even lightened up his photo to make him appear whiter to the black audience. They made up rubbish like Zimmerman called him a Coon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending