The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Atsushi
English Language I have a B if I get 8% more its an A or 3% lower I get a C.
For Biology I am 6 UMS off of a A*.
For English Literature 7% off A* but if it goes 5% lower I get a B.
For History I am 24 UMS off of a A* or 14 UMS off of a B if it gets lowered.
So for which ones should I get a remark. I am particularly concerned about English Language where I got a B other wise I'm happy.

I have moved your thread into here so that you can have a read of the OP. :smile:

In general, it is unlikely for marks in science subjects to change as they are often marked according to a strict markscheme (although it is not impossible).

For English language, Literature and History you're closer to the lower boundary than the higher one so I personally wouldn't remark those either. It's up to you though, perhaps asking your teacher for advice will be a good idea. :smile:

Either way, your grades are fantastic - a B grade is still a very good grade. :yes:
Original post by Atsushi
English Language I have a B if I get 8% more its an A or 3% lower I get a C.
For Biology I am 6 UMS off of a A*.
For English Literature 7% off A* but if it goes 5% lower I get a B.
For History I am 24 UMS off of a A* or 14 UMS off of a B if it gets lowered.
So for which ones should I get a remark. I am particularly concerned about English Language where I got a B other wise I'm happy.

Don't remark any
Got my results, all happy but I was like 10 marks from a* in Aqa Graohics GCSE, I would love to retake but because my teacher wasnt there I couldnt. Do you guys know if you could retake exams for AQA Graphics GCSE? I dont mind an A but my twin got an A* I guess I want to get on as well.
Original post by Selgomez11
Got my results, all happy but I was like 10 marks from a* in Aqa Graohics GCSE, I would love to retake but because my teacher wasnt there I couldnt. Do you guys know if you could retake exams for AQA Graphics GCSE? I dont mind an A but my twin got an A* I guess I want to get on as well.

My teacher told me that the exam board do not allow retakes for Graphics, I'm not sure if you could get it remarked? Well done on your result though!
Original post by alimilkshake
My teacher told me that the exam board do not allow retakes for Graphics, I'm not sure if you could get it remarked? Well done on your result though!

Arggghh Disappointing :frown: Ill just work extra hard to get that one more A* to beat my sister
Reply 25
Original post by alimilkshake
My teacher told me that the exam board do not allow retakes for Graphics

That's not true. :no: It's probably more likely that your school doesn't allow retakes as opposed to the exam board. :smile:

Original post by Selgomez11

If you do decide to retake, you will need to retake all the papers to satisfy the new terminal rule.

Personally, I'd just leave it. An A grade is still amazing and it's best to concentrate on your next set of qualifications/whatever you plan on doing next now. :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
That's not true. :no: It's probably more likely that your school doesn't allow retakes as opposed to the exam board. :smile:

If you do decide to retake, you will need to retake all the papers to satisfy the new terminal rule.

Personally, I'd just leave it. An A grade is still amazing and it's best to concentrate on your next set of qualifications/whatever you plan on doing next now. :biggrin:

Is that the new policy? That is brutal.
Original post by usycool1

Thanks :smile: Theres one paper for graphics its 40% and 60% controlled asse
ssment. I'll just work hard next, I might retake it because I actually got a C and I needed a B for an A*
I'm definitely getting something done about OCR history.
International relations paper- 81/90 A*
Controlled assessment- 48/50 A*

British Depth Study-22/60 F
just...no. I accept mistakes do happen, and that's one of them
Original post by RedStar98
I'm definitely getting something done about OCR history.
International relations paper- 81/90 A*
Controlled assessment- 48/50 A*

British Depth Study-22/60 F
just...no. I accept mistakes do happen, and that's one of them

Remark that then.
Reply 30
URGENT NEED HELP

for OCR HISTORY B (modern world) i achieved a grade C with 136 UMS marks
im not happy how many more marks/ums would i need for a grade B, i know i was really close, i just want to reaffirm my belief that i should have it remarked, or should i ??

Hist: B aspects Germany 1918-1945: 62 UMS C ACHIEVED A971A
Hist: B DEPTH STUDY 46 UMS B achieved A971B
Hist B Historical enquiry 28 UMS D achieved A973B
Original post by qwewq
URGENT NEED HELP

for OCR HISTORY B (modern world) i achieved a grade C with 136 UMS marks
im not happy how many more marks/ums would i need for a grade B, i know i was really close, i just want to reaffirm my belief that i should have it remarked, or should i ??

Hist: B aspects Germany 1918-1945: 62 UMS C ACHIEVED A971A
Hist: B DEPTH STUDY 46 UMS B achieved A971B
Hist B Historical enquiry 28 UMS D achieved A973B

4 UMS off

Probably your coursework
Reply 32
Original post by L'Evil Fish
4 UMS off

Probably your coursework

so what is ur advice?
Original post by qwewq
so what is ur advice?

Did you feel you did better in one of the exams than you got? And I mean 4 marks ish worth better?
If so, remark that one
Can you ask for remark of near a grade boundary? With art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Also for OCR Additional science B i got a grade B with 316 UMS, how many marks/ums would i need to achieve a grade A

B3 C3 P3 : HIGHER, I GOT 106 WHICH IS A B B721H
B4 C4 P4 : HIGHER I GOT 132 WHICH IS AN A B722H
And for my controlled assessment i got 78 which is a B B723B
Reply 36
Did you feel you did better in one of the exams than you got? And I mean 4 marks ish worth better?
If so, remark that one

For the paper history aspects of germany i was one ums of an B would that make a difference overall to me getting a B , or not
Original post by qwewq
For the paper history aspects of germany i was one ums of an B would that make a difference overall to me getting a B , or not

Nope, it's all done on averages so you'd need to raise it by 4 marks.
Original post by qwewq

No you'll need to raise it by 4 marks
Reply 39
Original post by qwewq
Also for OCR Additional science B i got a grade B with 316 UMS, how many marks/ums would i need to achieve a grade A

B3 C3 P3 : HIGHER, I GOT 106 WHICH IS A B B721H
B4 C4 P4 : HIGHER I GOT 132 WHICH IS AN A B722H
And for my controlled assessment i got 78 which is a B B723B

You need to achieve 90% of the total UMS for an A*, 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc.

You can find the raw mark boundaries on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2743928 :smile:

Is that the new policy? That is brutal.

Yup :sadnod:

Latest