The Student Room Group

accepting university offer then declining - might be moving to australia

Hi guys,

So basically more than likely I will be moving the Australia in September. At the moment we are waiting for our visas, and after that its certain we will be moving. As a back up, I have applied to universities, and accepted an offer from a university for biomedical sciences just in case we do end up staying here in the UK. My question is, is that is it ok for me to decline this university offer after accepting it on results day?
Original post by iluvmuzik52
Hi guys,

So basically more than likely I will be moving the Australia in September. At the moment we are waiting for our visas, and after that its certain we will be moving. As a back up, I have applied to universities, and accepted an offer from a university for biomedical sciences just in case we do end up staying here in the UK. My question is, is that is it ok for me to decline this university offer after accepting it on results day?

Well the acceptance (I believe) is legally binding, so I'm sure there will be some consequences for you declining it after accepting...
And it's a very douchey thing to do.
Your best bet is to call up the uni, explain your circumstances and see what they have to say about it.
Original post by iluvmuzik52
Hi guys,

You can just not turn up to enrol. The point of no return (or at least no refunds) is when fees are paid and accommodation deposits are put down. It's not great for then since it messes up their numbers, but yes, it shouldn't directly impact you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending