The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZSHNZ
Is it a problem if I don't have the paper which has one of my grades on it from an exam I did last year? Can I just tell my college the exam and grade I got, or will it be a problem?

My college aren't replying to emails or phone calls either!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just was told to go get it from the school in the morning.

they can print it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a bit confused at the AQA boundaries, it says there's a maximum scaled mark but the mark on my results paper is different. For example, in art & design (photography) unit 1 i got 141 for a b and unit 2 i got 73 for a c, meaning my overall grade was 214 with a b. The mark on the boundaries go up to 80 for each unit on this, which is clearly underneath 141 :P
Changing Skies
x

Nevermind I found it, didn't realise it was the score :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fiffing
I think additional science grades are just the grades you got from the 3 exams averaged out? So say you got 2 high A's and one middle B, you'd probably end up with a low A. Not too sure about the other boundaries though, sorry! Best of luck with your results.

yeahh it is thanks for that, i got my results today. did better than i expected!!
Original post by ZSHNZ
Is it a problem if I don't have the paper which has one of my grades on it from an exam I did last year? Can I just tell my college the exam and grade I got, or will it be a problem?

My college aren't replying to emails or phone calls either!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What results,did you get
hey can someone help me out with interpreting my english language aqa grade?
it says:
ENG02 eng/eng lang unit 2 spk & lis = 5
ENG1H eng/eng lang unit 1 tier H = 148 (a)
ENGL03 english language unit 3 = 113 (a*)
altogether english language = A (261 mark equivalent) (52 POINTS)

How far away was I from an overall grade of A* im so confused :s
thanks any replies welcome!!
Original post by sarah_j_jane
hey can someone help me out with interpreting my english language aqa grade?
it says:
ENG02 eng/eng lang unit 2 spk & lis = 5
ENG1H eng/eng lang unit 1 tier H = 148 (a)
ENGL03 english language unit 3 = 113 (a*)
altogether english language = A (261 mark equivalent) (52 POINTS)

How far away was I from an overall grade of A* im so confused :s
thanks any replies welcome!!

Hey :smile: you were 9 UMS off as it is 270 for an A*. Congrats on your result :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok so i got (i am in year 10 btw )

A in core science ( 2 marks from an A* :angry: )

A* in human biology IGCSE

so far i am happy with my results , just 20 more exams to come
Original post by Humzaawan123
ok so i got (i am in year 10 btw )

A in core science ( 2 marks from an A* :angry: )

A* in human biology IGCSE

so far i am happy with my results , just 20 more exams to come

Wow, very impressive :biggrin: I'm sure you'll be doing just as well next year :h:

Best of luck for year 11 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
9A*'s and 1 A (English language) but I'm getting that remarked because it's only 1 mark off an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1109
Original post by strawberrysnow
9A*'s and 1 A (English language) but I'm getting that remarked because it's only 1 mark off an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with the remark. :smile:
Original post by Changing Skies
Wow, very impressive :biggrin: I'm sure you'll be doing just as well next year :h:

Best of luck for year 11 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey :smile: you were 9 UMS off as it is 270 for an A*. Congrats on your result :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, that was very useful. so how many raw marks is 9UMS, is it small enough for a successful remark or should i just consider a retake?

thank you
I apologise if someone has already asked this question, but on my results sheet, the UMS (or 'Raw marks' as they call them) are not shown for any of my Edexcel IGCSE exams. Do Edexcel not give this information out? Or is there any way for me to find out what I got?
Original post by sarah_j_jane
Thanks for the reply, that was very useful. so how many raw marks is 9UMS, is it small enough for a successful remark or should i just consider a retake?

thank you

You're welcome :smile: that'll probably be a few marks, so you could consider a remark :smile: English is very subjective at times so there is a chance it could go up, but only do it if you're prepared to risk losing the money should it stay the same or go down. An A is still great but really, it's your choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kojira
I apologise if someone has already asked this question, but on my results sheet, the UMS (or 'Raw marks' as they call them) are not shown for any of my Edexcel IGCSE exams. Do Edexcel not give this information out? Or is there any way for me to find out what I got?

You're best asking your teachers for your marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 8472
Good luck with the remark. :smile:

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Am very confused with the grade boundaries. Please can you help.
Maths- raw mark 77, uniform mark 141.
R.e- raw mark 78, uniform mark 164.
Original post by Tina scott

What's confusing you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tina scott

Two different subjects... UMS is not the same for each subject
Can someone tell me the grade boundaries for English literature and language with WJEC. I obtained a C grade in language and B in literature however I'm slightly disappointed with my language!

Latest