The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Good advice there!

Good job on those offers too :smile: Do you feel you're in a place where you can kill it now? I'd honestly be disappointed with a first at this point. Anything less than top of my class will probably annoy me.

Unfortunately not, I'm still prolific in my self-destruction so have done essentially nothing of any note. I still fully intend to complete my degree and probably postgrad when I've formed something halfway stable out of the fragments of my life but for now I'm working and fighting a protracted war against myself which is less than ideal. None of this is the fault of my GCSEs, it is just a product of the same personality flaw(s) I suppose.

I'm encouraged by your conviction, it is the same sort of conviction I have occasionally and I think it will serve you well. Self-belief is a strong catalyst for positive action. I genuinely (perhaps slightly arrogantly) believe that with any sort of effort I would get a first in any of the degree choices I've considered but I know that with the no effort I did put in at university (I ended up being there for three years and never attended a lecture) I will pass anything I turn up to, but limp by, completely waste my time and eventually give up.

Age has at least furnished with me with pretty good self-awareness at least.

Good look with your being a baller goals of 2014 :tongue:

Also, I know nobody here knows me from years ago but it still feels weird not having a pink animal of some sort as my avatar. Random thought of the day I guess :rolleyes:

Edit: I couldn't resist. Now to see if the box still exists....
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel indescribably bad. have not stopped crying in 3 days. this is too hard
any1 from LSE here, how is the school supporting you with your problems?
Original post by ScaryScience

aaw sweety I'm here if you need me :h:

what happened?
Reply 864
Gotta wait 3 bloody weeks to find out if iv failed or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Gotta wait 3 bloody weeks to find out if iv failed or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate waiting.
Reply 866
Original post by ByronicHero
I hate waiting.

Thought it would be quicker as there resists so less peoples to mark! But nope still a 3 week turn around :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Trying to decide where to drive right now myself actually :colondollar: Feel as though I should use it/get used to the car - as currently I'm terrible in this one :tongue: Yeah that's horrible :mad: ah cool :smile: that's a shame :s-smilie: Hope you can get it sorted okay soon, secretly :ninja: :eek: oh no! a lot of people seem to have that problem :s-smilie: I think the way they work out the student loans is stupid, parents shouldn't be expected to look after their children post-18. :/ (IMO) Plus there are fee waivers here where I am which I swear make no sense basing off parent income, but anyway...
Haha :colondollar: #sorrynotsorry :biggrin: I used to occasionally, but our ISP blocked the site I used :/ Ah okay, might give it a look then :redface:

:woo: I have a bol pasta bake in the fridge I think - might have it tonight :smile: It was really good thanks :biggrin: Exactly!

Oh right okay! Haha, it's quite useful having one :smile: particularly if you forget to get money out/don't have the change. Hahaha No. :unimpressed: (:tongue:) Oh awesome :biggrin: Hope you're feeling better this morning :smile: (or afternoon now... :lol:)
I am up and down :tongue: not sure :/

hahaha i still haven’t driven yet oooops! oh well haha not really in the mood for it lately, been feeling rubbish! what car is it that you drive? I’ve managed to sort my accommodation out no problems, just the click of a few buttons and then we’re all sorted :biggrin: now i just need to set up some direct debits and get my uni card sorted and we’re all good! Im sort of starting to worry about going now!

it really annoys me that its based on household income because, my parents earn a fair bit on paper, but we don’t actually have much spare money. if it wasn’t for this bond that my parents have, id never be able to afford to go to uni because we just don’t have the money! Don’t get me wrong, we live comfortably, but we don’t have a lot, and we rarely eat out or go anywhere anymore! I’m even skipping the family holiday this year because its too expensive for me to go! But luckily I’ve managed to get the shortest let for my uni room, so we’ve saved £600 :smile:

haha i always always watch illegally oooops :colondollar: i can show you some good sites, because mine kept getting blocked too haha and ooh pasta bol bake sounds so nice :tongue: I’m going out for tea tonight actually, can’t wait!

haha i felt so grown up writing my name on the card and stuff :woo: if you need to speak about anything, send me a message :tongue: my mom has well and truly pissed me off this afternoon :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience

:jumphug:
Original post by MJlover
aaw sweety I'm here if you need me :h:

what happened?

thanks. nothing happened really. just my existence happened :cry:
Original post by PandaWho
Thought it would be quicker as there resists so less peoples to mark! But nope still a 3 week turn around :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alas.

I was waiting to hear back from a university a few years back and the flying spag monster decided to effect what amounted to snow storms. Needless to say: I was unimpressed.
Sent the letter to my parents..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
You may, although I was not aware that you were mouse-sized. :tongue:

Well I am quite short... :tongue:

:frown: LOOK :biggrin: >>>:facepalm2:<<< :gah: I suppose that is true :tongue: :woo:

Fair enough :eek: Tesco always has one, anyway - at least I've found that :redface:

Glad your day's been better, sorry that dizzyness is getting you :console: Can you get a repeat prescription quickly before you go at all? or a similar over-the-counter thing or something? :redface:

Yeah :smile: Mostly avoiding them I think :tongue: Feel a bit bad, but at the same time just easier this way I think :redface: Yeah I hope they're all nice :s-smilie: Apparently the next person has teenagers though :s-smilie: scary :sad: :hide:

Ah okay, yeah I can see that being difficult - I'm sure you'll all have fun though! :smile: I hope you do :hugs:

I saw that one! :lol:

It's probably just me not noticing it, I'm the most unobservant person I know, by far! :colondollar:

They won't put those tablets on repeat for some reason, no idea why, maybe just my doctor being weird as everything else is :s-smilie: And I tend to end up being allergic to half the over the counter things (although haven't tried for dizziness) so would rather not take the risk if I'm honest :redface: I'll survive anyway, it's been nowhere near as bad since and has gone back to normal the-room's-moving-a-bit levels as opposed to I'm-going-to-pass-out-any-second levels which I can cope with/I'm used to :smile:

Fair enough, I'd probably be the same! I'm sure they'll be nice too, teenagers can be horrible but then so can anyone :hugs: If you're not seeing them too much that makes it a bit less bad anyway :yep:

Thank you! Should be good hopefully :biggrin:
np! :smile:

Not an idiot to do that though - I can understand why you'd lie :redface: I think I probably would too (I mean I lie about how I'm feeling to parents whenever they ask) :console: I think it'd be good for you to maybe start on them soon - don't want you getting worse! :hugs: and presumably you're no longer on the Q-something you were on before? :s-smilie: (I think that was you on a med beginning with Q, possibly not :colondollar: :redface:) I'm sorry you end up exhausted in the day though, that can't be fun :frown:

I don't know what would be best - but starting back with something like the english at maths at home seems like a nice middle-ground/way to get back into things? :smile: I've found Uni a bit odd really - in that I think I prefer it to where I live/home life - having the freedom to do what I want and things - but at the same time as you say there are other anxieties, and I think being away from home/not having family there to make sure I'm eating/talking to people each day, it's also sort of worse for me. I hope that that made sense :s-smilie:

He'll have long summers with Uni, too! :smile: (well, long holidays in general) - he's only away there for like 2/3 of the year? :redface: No need to apologise - sounds confusing :s-smilie: I hate decisions - they're really difficult :redface: I'd maybe see how this year goes with the english and maths and maybe decide after that? Take up what you want to do, and you can always drop things etc, too :smile:

Ah - good! :unimpressed: :tongue: :biggrin:

I read through the thread anyway :redface: :smile: Thanks though :hugs:

Spoiler

Haha :redface: I have a friend who ends up tired through them tbf :colondollar: :redface: (though I guess you might mean because of ill-stuff, sorry :s-smilie:) I find that I can't properly watch films at home - takes so much effort to make yourself sit down and watch something for 2 hours :eek:

:colondollar: (:unimpressed: I like replying to you/having a convo! :biggrin: :smile:)
oh yes - I hope you have fun! :smile:

Good luck to sister :smile:

:woo: Well done to your sister! :biggrin:

Could you maybe do some sort of course from home? An OU module or something? :dontknow: :redface: Or at least something to consider maybe - just cos then you don't have to have the stresses of dealing with sleep/mood/anxiety stuff out of home, but can still be sort of on a course/doing something? :smile: (if you want to)

:hugs:

Sounds as though you've improved a fair amount at least :redface: Though I'm sorry you find you're struggling a bit with it sometimes :console:

I guess I'd recommend seeing your GP if you can? Just because then you can get the help you deserve/can get :smile: Can be scary though, I know, not sure what mine's going to say when I go back to Uni this sept.

Can empathise with moving house - we used to live in the country too/close to a town, and now we're in the middle of a town - mostly just find it hard with friends not so near, (really far away actually :colondollar:) and also sort of scary being in a new place/not having any history there to make new friends and such, if that makes sense? :smile:
I hope things improve for you soon though. (Welcome to the society! :redface:)

Sleep is good :tongue: :biggrin: Looks as though might be going with a smaller group to the lakes :redface: Nervous though :eek:
Yeah :/ been told it's the hardest year for this course :s-smilie: Will see how it goes I guess. Yeah they're nice :smile: But think it'll be harder to hide that's all (which I suppose might be a good thing :dontknow:) Thanks :smile:

:frown: :hugs:

Still haven't taken meds. Was going to come clean to my dad and tell him I haven't been taking them but my boyfriend said no because he probably won't trust me if I tell him I've been lieing to him.
I keep saying I'll start them tomorrow but tomorrow never comes. I'm in a hole at the moment. I've been neglecting myself because I'm just in a hole and I keep digging myself deeper. :mad: Only myself to blame.

Yeah, I was on quetiapane, i didn't get on with it though. Didn't do anything for me. Don't be sorry. :smile: I like sleeping. :redface:

I was thinking just doing home studies, but I get jealous when i see people going to uni and having the time of their lives. It does make sense, I feel like its kind of 50/50 like because you have your own freedom but at the same time you don't have people making sure you eat and stuff. Its almost like you can't win and for uni it sounds like you need a lot of self motivation? I'm not sure, i could be wrong. sorry if i am. :frown:

My boyfriend said at his uni they let people come and stay over for the weekend, like in the halls. Only for the weekend. Does your uni do that? Which uni are you at, if you don't mind me asking. o:
I hate decisions too, can't make them and always get myself confused.
Thank you so much for everything. :smile:

Hope I haven't been too personal. And sorry for the long reply. :frown:

Spoiler

Haha :redface: I have a friend who ends up tired through them tbf :colondollar: :redface: (though I guess you might mean because of ill-stuff, sorry :s-smilie:) I find that I can't properly watch films at home - takes so much effort to make yourself sit down and watch something for 2 hours :eek:

:colondollar: (:unimpressed: I like replying to you/having a convo! :biggrin: :smile:)
oh yes - I hope you have fun! :smile:

Good luck to sister :smile:

Spoiler

Travelling is bad with ill stuff unfortunately, that and I find it generally stressful which doesn't help :s-smilie: I've never really been able to sit down and watch one tbh, I end up fidgeting too much and driving everyone mad! At home's a bit better though as I can wander round or play on my laptop or something at the same time, but then that's back to the multitasking problem which has definitely got worse recently! :redface: Just need to get round to watching some :smile:

She did well so that's good :biggrin:
Okay, so apparently the rest of the world finds my first date very funny. :teehee: I suppose it kind of is looking back. :tongue:
[QUOTE="purple-duck;49652901"]np! :smile:

:hugs:

Sounds as though you've improved a fair amount at least :redface: Though I'm sorry you find you're struggling a bit with it sometimes :console:

I guess I'd recommend seeing your GP if you can? Just because then you can get the help you deserve/can get :smile: Can be scary though, I know, not sure what mine's going to say when I go back to Uni this sept.

Can empathise with moving house - we used to live in the country too/close to a town, and now we're in the middle of a town - mostly just find it hard with friends not so near, (really far away actually :colondollar:) and also sort of scary being in a new place/not having any history there to make new friends and such, if that makes sense? :smile:
I hope things improve for you soon though. (Welcome to the society! :redface:)

thanks, I just need to be brave enough to go to the doctors now
Its fine but, I wouldn't even know how to explain.
Original post by tasha96
Okay, so apparently the rest of the world finds my first date very funny. :teehee: I suppose it kind of is looking back. :tongue:

My first date was being dragged into a bush by my best friend's little sister at school and being denied exit until I confirmed my love for her. My relationship with her brother was mostly fighting each other trying to decide who was "the hardest in the year" and singing. I miss being young :moon:
My first date was watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and drinking absinthe in the cinema. :moon: :tongue:

Latest