The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
I'd say you may as well get it remarked tbh. :smile:

Why though?

Just because you're near a boundary doesn't mean you're worthy of the next grade.

Remarks are very expensive, I don't think we should be telling everyone to remark if it's in an arts subject and near boundary, solely based on just that.
Reply 81
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why though?

Just because you're near a boundary doesn't mean you're worthy of the next grade.

Remarks are very expensive, I don't think we should be telling everyone to remark if it's in an arts subject and near boundary, solely based on just that.

From a D to C, I'd recommend it as a C is considered a "pass" :smile:
From a D to C, I'd recommend it as a C is considered a "pass" :smile:

Unless they were expecting higher, or even a lot more, it isn't worth it.

But yeah...

I'd say not to remark Bs.
Reply 83
Hi, in my Biology I am 4 ums off an A* and for Chemistry I am 3 ums off an A* as we'll. Should I get a remark?
Original post by Earth1
Hi, in my Biology I am 4 ums off an A* and for Chemistry I am 3 ums off an A* as we'll. Should I get a remark?

Were you expecting a good A* in either? Or were you happy with the As?
i'm 3 UMS off an A* in chemistry, and i've sent all 3 units to be remarked (i got A* in all the units but a shockingly low A in the ISA, which brought my whole grade down to an A). hopefully if i gain 1 UMS across each paper, that will mean my grade is boosted, but if not, i'm out £120 D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was given a B in RS (Edexcel) I received a high 'A' for one unit and B for another, is it worth getting it remarked? I was predicted an A* so I'm a bit peeved.
Original post by tanyapotter
i'm 3 UMS off an A* in chemistry, and i've sent all 3 units to be remarked (i got A* in all the units but a shockingly low A in the ISA, which brought my whole grade down to an A). hopefully if i gain 1 UMS across each paper, that will mean my grade is boosted, but if not, i'm out £120 D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't have done that, yikes! Hopefully it'll come up :/
Reply 88
Were you expecting a good A* in either? Or were you happy with the As?

Yeah I am expecting A* and unhappy with A. Also, the grade boundaries went up about 10 marks for A* and somehow my course work mark is reduce. So should I get it remarks?
Reply 89
What do you plan on doing at uni? :smile:

Tbh, I'd just leave it...it's rare for marks to change in the sciences and a B grade is very good regardless. :smile:

Well probably something to do with maths (hoping to be an investment banker), so not really related to biology, however I am doing it for A level (still got the required grade though). Yeah a B is great, I don't mind having it tbh, just wanted some advice. Thanks usy :smile:
Original post by Gorwell
I was given a B in RS (Edexcel) I received a high 'A' for one unit and B for another, is it worth getting it remarked? I was predicted an A* so I'm a bit peeved.

Probably remark the B graded module!
Probably remark the B graded module!

I did History b edexcel and am 1 UMS mark from an A*, should I get it remarked?
Reply 93
Hi there Guys!

Okay, so I'm a mature student and to gain access to my degree course I had to resit my maths as i had only achieved a grade D at school.

Today my result came back as a D, however i was only 5 MARKS off the grade C needed. I have submitted my paper on a priority re-mark as the university really need it sooner, rather than later. They are very strict on me meeting the grade C, which i accept.

If anyone has any idea if my grade could go up to a C that would be helpful. Like i have stated, I am only 5 marks off. I sat the Edexcel Linear Foundation paper.

I am absolutely gutted to be so close yet so far! Having gone above and beyond the entry requirements from my A-levels.

Thanks Guuuuys :biggrin: x
Original post by Charlotte_Lauren
I did History b edexcel and am 1 UMS mark from an A*, should I get it remarked?

Were you expecting an A*? Are you taking it to A Level? Is there a module that's unexpectedly lower?
I want to remark CIE Eng Lit (78% - B), for which 2% more to get an A. I thought I did quite well so I'm pretty confused. I don't want to risk getting lower though. I also want to remark CIE Physics (89% - almost A*), which is just frustratingly 1% off an A*, but I'm not sure if it'll make a difference since the mark scheme for physics is pretty specific. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you expecting an A*? Are you taking it to A Level? Is there a module that's unexpectedly lower?

I was expected a C :') I'm taking it for A Level and yeah the 1st module I thought would be higher than the 2nd but it wasn't, I generally thought I did a lot better in the 1st but in the 2nd I got 97/100
I was expected a C :') I'm taking it for A Level and yeah the 1st module I thought would be higher than the 2nd but it wasn't, I generally thought I did a lot better in the 1st but in the 2nd I got 97/100

I wouldn't remark then! :tongue:

Just smash the A Level now :smile:
I wouldn't remark then! :tongue:

Just smash the A Level now :smile:

Okay thank you :biggrin:
Okay thank you :biggrin:

Np :smile:

If you get an A at AS it basically blanks the GCSE in it.

Latest