The Student Room Group

Confused about GCSE 2014 Grade Boundries??

So I just got my GCSE exam results and I am relatively happy. Once I got my results, I checked the new 2014 grade boundaries online to see how much more I needed to get a higher grade. Most of my exams were AQA so I checked AQA but the grade boundaries didn't match up to my exam results. All my science subjects on the AQA website were out of 60 whereas on my results I have gotten marks over 60 as if it was out of 90. I remember taking the exams and they were out of 60. I am pretty sure I was looking at the right exam as it was the same code. So that is one thing I didn't understand but I'm not to worried about that because my results for science seem right. Even Law, you needed 61 to get a C in Unit 1 and I got 60 and it said C. I'm not complaining but you don't expect them to make silly mistakes like that. It didn't make a difference because overall I got a D in Law anyway because i failed the 2nd unit. But the main thing that I did not understand and wanted to know was Sociology. On my results paper, I got 70 and 59 on unit 1 and 2 out of 90 which was a B and a D which gave my overall grade a C which I am happy with because i thought I would fail Sociology. However, on the 2014 June AQA GCSE Grade boundaries, it said a 70 was an A for the 1st unit and 59 was a B for the 2nd. So shouldn't my grade be a B/A? If anyone can give me advice on what I should do I would be very grateful. I'm thinking of getting a Remark or a Clerical Check but I am happy with the marks, I don't want them changed its just on the grade boundaries it says my mark is an A/B. So what should I do??? Please help
Reply 1
If you provide the paper codes and then the number you got. I'll have a look for you. :smile:

Original post by Badoom1
x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
If you provide the paper codes and then the number you got. I'll have a look for you. :smile:

Sociology Unit 1- 41901 mark was 70 which it says is a b
Sociology Unit 2- 41902 mark was 59 which my it says is a d

It is AQA btw

The others Im not that bothered about because my grade would have been the same anyway if you can check that thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Badoom1
Sociology Unit 1- 41901 mark was 70 which it says is a b
Sociology Unit 2- 41902 mark was 59 which my it says is a d

It is AQA btw

The others Im not that bothered about because my grade would have been the same anyway if you can check that thanks :smile:

What you're saying makes perfect sense. I'm not quite sure what it is then as to why you have gotten those grades. Probably something really obvious someone will pick up on later. :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by 8472
What you're saying makes perfect sense. I'm not quite sure what it is then as to why you have gotten those grades. Probably something really obvious someone will pick up on later. :dontknow:

Yeah hopefully do you think I should get a clerical check or is it pointless. i rang the school but they had already shut:mad:
Reply 5
Original post by Badoom1
Yeah hopefully do you think I should get a clerical check or is it pointless. i rang the school but they had already shut:mad:

I'd say phone up your school tomorrow and ask if they can explain all these to you. See what they say. Then go from there. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 8472
I'd say phone up your school tomorrow and ask if they can explain all these to you. See what they say. Then go fromthere. :yes:

Ok hopefully they pick up the phone tommorow! thanks for your help:biggrin:
Original post by Badoom1
So I just got my GCSE exam results and I am relatively happy. Once I got my results, I checked the new 2014 grade boundaries online to see how much more I needed to get a higher grade. Most of my exams were AQA so I checked AQA but the grade boundaries didn't match up to my exam results. All my science subjects on the AQA website were out of 60 whereas on my results I have gotten marks over 60 as if it was out of 90. I remember taking the exams and they were out of 60. I am pretty sure I was looking at the right exam as it was the same code. So that is one thing I didn't understand but I'm not to worried about that because my results for science seem right. Even Law, you needed 61 to get a C in Unit 1 and I got 60 and it said C. I'm not complaining but you don't expect them to make silly mistakes like that. It didn't make a difference because overall I got a D in Law anyway because i failed the 2nd unit. But the main thing that I did not understand and wanted to know was Sociology. On my results paper, I got 70 and 59 on unit 1 and 2 out of 90 which was a B and a D which gave my overall grade a C which I am happy with because i thought I would fail Sociology. However, on the 2014 June AQA GCSE Grade boundaries, it said a 70 was an A for the 1st unit and 59 was a B for the 2nd. So shouldn't my grade be a B/A? If anyone can give me advice on what I should do I would be very grateful. I'm thinking of getting a Remark or a Clerical Check but I am happy with the marks, I don't want them changed its just on the grade boundaries it says my mark is an A/B. So what should I do??? Please help

Are you sure the marks you received are not UMS marks? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Changing Skies
Are you sure the marks you received are not UMS marks? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I was so confused:s-smilie: I converted it to Raw marks on AQA website and it makes sense now. Thank you for your help!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Badoom1
Thanks I was so confused:s-smilie: I converted it to Raw marks on AQA website and it makes sense now. Thank you for your help!

You're welcome :smile: glad to hear it makes sense now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest