The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Non-Drinkers Freshers 2014

Saw this thread from other universities. So I'm wondering, is there anyone who doesn't/doesn't like to drink going into first year?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Airess3
Saw this thread from other universities. So I'm wondering, is there anyone who doesn't/doesn't like to drink going into first year?

I'm not a big drinker. Although, I am going into first year I'm 23 and have past the 'partying phase'. I hope that there will be a few people that aren't drinkers.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by Airess3

Yeah, I've never really liked alcoholic drinks at all or going out and drinking. I'm not a fan of drinking culture and what it brings with it. (I'm going into first year by the way (at Aberdeen)).
Personally, I'd rather go out for a meal with a bunch of friends than go to the pub or clubbing in town. You can have a good time doing other things. If you can't have fun without alcohol then I think that's quite sad. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by AidanKeay
Yeah, I've never really liked alcoholic drinks at all or going out and drinking. I'm not a fan of drinking culture and what it brings with it. (I'm going into first year by the way (at Aberdeen)).
Personally, I'd rather go out for a meal with a bunch of friends than go to the pub or clubbing in town. You can have a good time doing other things. If you can't have fun without alcohol then I think that's quite sad. :frown:

I completely agree with you, i much prefer just going for a coffee or something. there's nothing wrong with drinking but if thats all you do then its a bit sad.
I'm starting 1st year Aberdeen and I'm 24. I rarely drink now, I did all the partying and binge drinking when I was 18-21 ish. I'd rather go with friends for coffee or a meal or even 1 or 2 drinks in the pub - even non alcoholic ones. I often just have an orange juice. Are any of you guys going to be staying in Hillhead? I'm in Wavell House.
Reply 5
Original post by thesunking
I'm starting 1st year Aberdeen and I'm 24. I rarely drink now, I did all the partying and binge drinking when I was 18-21 ish. I'd rather go with friends for coffee or a meal or even 1 or 2 drinks in the pub - even non alcoholic ones. I often just have an orange juice. Are any of you guys going to be staying in Hillhead? I'm in Wavell House.

I've booked into Hillhead (North Court/South House) although I don't know if I have an accommodation place yet.
Reply 6
Im staying in the old fire station,I hope at least one of my flat mates isn't a big drinker. What will you guys be studying?
Reply 7
Original post by Za.Ke
Im staying in the old fire station,I hope at least one of my flat mates isn't a big drinker. What will you guys be studying?

Engineering (General)
History & politics, I'm from Inverness. Where are you guys coming from?
Reply 9

I'm from Helmsdale just north of Inverness!

I'm from Wales (previously lived in America and Scotland)
Glad to know I'm not the only one :yes:. I'm studying Geology & Physics and have a flat at New Carnegie Court. I'm from Scotland.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Za.Ke
I'm from Helmsdale just north of Inverness!

Great, we can be "Highlands" friends. :smile:
When are you guys moving in? I think I'm going down on Saturday 6th.
Reply 14
Great, we can be "Highlands" friends. :smile:

haha yeah, I wonder how many highland folks will be going. I'm moving down on the 6th as well, I am assuming most people are moving then to and its going to be mayhem.
A less drinky freshers sounds pretty good to me- I live in Aberdeen so sort of know my way around food places if anyone wants to get a group together
Reply 16
Original post by iharrison
A less drinky freshers sounds pretty good to me- I live in Aberdeen so sort of know my way around food places if anyone wants to get a group together

That sounds pretty good! nice to have something to do that doesn't involve alcohol!
Original post by Za.Ke
That sounds pretty good! nice to have something to do that doesn't involve alcohol!

Yep, it does sound good!
I'm in Grant Court :smile: Glad to know there will be other people not drinking, everyone I've met so far seems to want to spend all of Fresher's Week totally smashed.
I'm studying for an MA in Anthropology, probably doing Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Studies alongside

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending