The Student Room Group

Need help on A-Level choices, I choose tomorrow! :S

Hi. I got my GCSE results today, 2 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's.

I choose my A-Level subjects tomorrow. I've decided I want to do Psychology and ICT, but I'm torn between History and Business Studies for a third subject (I really don't want to do four.)

In GCSE History, I felt like I tried my hardest and still ended up with a C. For Business Studies, I didn't feel challenged a whole lot and came out with an A, and I did enjoy it, and feel like it's better as a qualification than History?

However, I'm curious about what A-Level Business Studies actually entails. What will I be doing?

I'll be going to Belfast Met - Titanic Quarter Campus in Northern Ireland.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Would your school allow you to start off taking four then drop one in the first few weeks depending on which you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Annabel6
Would your school allow you to start off taking four then drop one in the first few weeks depending on which you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not in the first few weeks I don't think, I think I'd have to take it for the full year and then drop it if I don't like it, and I'd also be taking up a spot in a class that someone else who actually wants to do the subject will miss D:
Reply 3
Original post by Monk Aang
Not in the first few weeks I don't think, I think I'd have to take it for the full year and then drop it if I don't like it, and I'd also be taking up a spot in a class that someone else who actually wants to do the subject will miss D:

Oh well, I just suggested it because quite a few people did that in my sixth form - I'd still ask your teachers if it is an option! If you know which exam board business is then I'd say probably have a look at the specification which can usually be found on the exam board website.

Also A levels are a huge step up from GCSE so you'd have a much greater chance in getting a decent grade from an A in GCSE than a C. I have known people who really worked a lot harder at A level than GCSE and increased C grades though so don't only choose business for that reason :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think you might want to go to university later? If so you should choose subjects that might help. Reading this would be wise http://www.russellgroup.org/InformedChoices-latest.pdf

If you want to study psychology at university maths is better regarded than studying psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending