The Student Room Group

What salary are you realistically expecting to earn?

state expected career and salary please :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
£28k + £3k bonuses on average is what my current workplace pays for graduates, and I have been told I stand a good chance of a graduate offer when I finish my placement. Otherwise, it varies from place to place, but around £25-30k seems to be the norm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nursing, £67,000 per annum.
However much is enough to live in a flat in London by myself, I guess. (If I want to start a family I'll need to buy a bigger house and learn to drive, meaning I'd have to at least double that)
Original post by shawn_o1
However much is enough to live in a flat in London by myself, I guess. (If I want to start a family I'll need to buy a bigger house and learn to drive, meaning I'd have to at least double that)

If you are in central London you will want to be earning 100k+, even then you'll be living a pitiful existence.
Some sort of research chemistry (either academic or industrial) :h: . Will probably start out on about £18k as science graduates are undervalued, but there are plenty of opportunities to rapidly expand into the £28-36k bracket :yep:
Pharmacology

Internet says £20-23,000 :smile:
Reply 7
Anything 30k +

I either want to be a midwife or a radiologist :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A job I've applied for as a Pharmacy technician offers around £18,000 - £22,000. So that, for now.
If someone could just give me a job, that'd be greeeeeat...

Although I'm not so sure about the direction I'm going to take now that I've graduated I think, realistically, I'd be happy so long as I was earning £18,000 and above, per annum. Right now, though, I think I'd bite off someone's hand to do just about any job. :giggle:
I want to work in the public sector, especially youth offending, which is 20-29G.
Failing that, modelling lol
Medicine , so 30-60k?
Anyone else here want to model? :smile:
£35k, but who knows maybe £100s of k...
Teacher - £30,000 woop!
Reply 16
Chemical Engineering - £35,000-£65,000. Whilst it is quite a big range it is wholly dependent on what level you are qualified to, a chartered chemical engineer would clearly earn more than a recent graduate.
Around 15 k for a start would be fine. Law graduates in my country don't really earn a lot (or anything for that matter) at the start of their careers, so I'd be surprised if they even pay me with peanuts!
About £25000 to start and if all goes well in 10 years about £80000

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AyanaRulesz
Failing that, modelling lol

You'd do well! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending