The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blamethenargles
I'm going to do more research on it, even though chemistry isn't my thing but I feel we need to promote how terrible this condition is!

That's really awful, I'm sorry for your loss :frown:
My Auntie has MS, she can't walk very well and she uses a cane and a wheelchair but she's adapted and still lives life to the full despite her disability, I admire her so much.

Yeah I didn't know her well it was my dad's cousins wife or something so not a close relative but my dad knew her pretty well so I sort of heard about her condition every few months and it was pretty sad she must have had it for well over 20 years
Yeah it's amazing how people with the condition manage to cope and get on with things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Oh really I knew someone with ms who died a few weeks ago and that was pretty awful she was paralysed up to the neck so could do anything and I think she lost her voice box in the end :frown: really sad so I can't imagine how bad als is

I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: MS is truly awful as well. The father of one of my friends died due to drowning in the bath because he started to have an asthma attack and he couldn't get out due to his MS. It really is such a shame.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sorry, I'm being depressing lol

Yeah that's it, I mean someone on my feed flipped off a bridge into water to do it... Didn't even mention als

I'm glad it's getting funding though through the attention. just don't like it when they become fads and do it because everyone is

To be honest, I don't really mind. A minority don't mention the disease but it's getting exposure and a lot of money has been made.

Certainly preferable I think than emotionally manipulative adverts.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: MS is truly awful as well. The father of one of my friends died due to drowning in the bath because he started to have an asthma attack and he couldn't get out due to his MS. It really is such a shame.

Omg that's awful, so sad :frown: it's amazing how many people know someone with the condition as well I always think but the condition is truly terrible and has a massive impact on people's live :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry to hear, that's horrible :redface:

I'm sorry to hear that
I've tried tweeting a link with my big account, it's only got like 20 RTs so far... Including Anthony ogogo but vids never pick up, I think pics are needed

My life aim though now, is to create a pharmaceutical charity

I will wholeheartedly support that! :-)

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Yeah I didn't know her well it was my dad's cousins wife or something so not a close relative but my dad knew her pretty well so I sort of heard about her condition every few months and it was pretty sad she must have had it for well over 20 years
Yeah it's amazing how people with the condition manage to cope and get on with things

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just so admirable, there's no other word for it, I can't cope when there isn't any milk in the house and they have to cope with struggling to breathe... things like this really do put our lives into perspective.
Original post by keromedic
To be honest, I don't really mind. A minority don't mention the disease but it's getting exposure and a lot of money has been made.

Certainly preferable I think than emotionally manipulative adverts.

I'm glad it's happening, just that people still have no idea what it actually is
I'm glad it's happening, just that people still have no idea what it actually is

If it didn't happen, I'm very certain less people would know what ALS is :smile:.
Sorry, I'm being depressing lol

Yeah that's it, I mean someone on my feed flipped off a bridge into water to do it... Didn't even mention als

I'm glad it's getting funding though through the attention. just don't like it when they become fads and do it because everyone is

The least they could do is link the charity so people who care can read up on ALS and donate and stuff.

Don't worry, we're all entitled to be depressing every once in a while :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeFailFish
The least they could do is link the charity so people who care can read up on ALS and donate and stuff.

Don't worry, we're all entitled to be depressing every once in a while :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah agreed.

Hahaha I don't often get low. But this'll bug a while
Guys. I've discovered something much worse than the fact that people are chucking water over themselves to show off.
People are calling it 'Wet and nominate.'
IT'S NOT A FLUFFING GAME, YOU ASSHATS OF THE INTERNET!
Guys. I've discovered something much worse than the fact that people are chucking water over themselves to show off.
People are calling it 'Wet and nominate.'
IT'S NOT A FLUFFING GAME, YOU ASSHATS OF THE INTERNET!

It's like bloody neck and nominate

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Well I'm glad somebody told me about the new thread :mmm:
Original post by MangoFreak

You're late

Is Cambridge just a dream now?
I.e has head emailed ?
[video="youtube;h07OT8p8Oik"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h07OT8p8Oik[/video]

The ALS video everyone should see.
Original post by LeFailFish
[video="youtube;h07OT8p8Oik"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h07OT8p8Oik[/video]

The ALS video everyone should see.

Yeah that's the one!
So i’m 1 mark off an A* in biology and I got my unit 4 remarked and it’s the same mark back.
I have hit a dilemma. I have no idea whether to get my ISA remarked as I feel I was super lucky with the mark I got.

So I could retake? Easy enough but it could put a damper on my time in America.
Also having an A* may boost my chances for Durham to get into the college of my choice.

But again, America… Like I don’t need the A* to apply to durham and have already got the grades they need so could enjoy a year exam free.

But then, if I wanted to apply to Oxford in the future or for my own personal achievement as i worked incredibly hard to get an A* and was getting A*S for the unit 4 exam i'd retake so… retake?

But then, is an A* worth that much compared to a first in a degree? Are A levels one of those things like GCSEs that mean nothing a couple of stages later?

Any help would be lovely :smile:
You're late

Is Cambridge just a dream now?
I.e has head emailed ?

Nah but I will need to resit a couple of things and apply next year.

But actually I was hanging with my grandparents and they took me to the University of Queensland in Brisbane (Australia, like you didn't know that :tongue:) and I sort of didn't hate it. It's a high-end institution, I would need the same grades as Cambridge. Like I actually reeeeeaaaally like it there.
Original post by hope1817
So i’m 1 mark off an A* in biology and I got my unit 4 remarked and it’s the same mark back.
I have hit a dilemma. I have no idea whether to get my ISA remarked as I feel I was super lucky with the mark I got.

So I could retake? Easy enough but it could put a damper on my time in America.
Also having an A* may boost my chances for Durham to get into the college of my choice.

But again, America… Like I don’t need the A* to apply to durham and have already got the grades they need so could enjoy a year exam free.

But then, if I wanted to apply to Oxford in the future or for my own personal achievement as i worked incredibly hard to get an A* and was getting A*S for the unit 4 exam i'd retake so… retake?

But then, is an A* worth that much compared to a first in a degree? Are A levels one of those things like GCSEs that mean nothing a couple of stages later?

Any help would be lovely :smile:

I'd just have a break, if you've already got the grades to get into a university you want to go to what's the point in giving yourself unnecessary stress, y'know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak

HELLO!:-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

HI :hi: :biggrin:

Latest