The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
HI :hi: :biggrin:

How are things with you? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah but I will need to resit a couple of things and apply next year.

But actually I was hanging with my grandparents and they took me to the University of Queensland in Brisbane (Australia, like you didn't know that :tongue:) and I sort of didn't hate it. It's a high-end institution, I would need the same grades as Cambridge. Like I actually reeeeeaaaally like it there.

Oooooh

Brisbane is in Australia? Wut (:tongue:)

Australia sounds good if you were national (which you are right?)
Original post by blamethenargles
I'd just have a break, if you've already got the grades to get into a university you want to go to what's the point in giving yourself unnecessary stress, y'know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the only reason I can think of is applying for oxford postgrad and personal satisfaction, but then would I really be satisfied if I sacrificed my happiness for another year? Maybe not.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oooooh

Brisbane is in Australia? Wut (:tongue:)

Australia sounds good if you were national (which you are right?)

Yeh yeh I got my cool, sleek, blue and silver passport :biggrin:

I'll decide next year, but I do super like it. It's too bad the Australian government are ****ing retards right now.

How are things with you? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! How are you? :smile:
Original post by hope1817
Yeah, the only reason I can think of is applying for oxford postgrad and personal satisfaction, but then would I really be satisfied if I sacrificed my happiness for another year? Maybe not.

I'd just enjoy your time in America and relax! Life is short!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh yeh I got my cool, sleek, blue and silver passport :biggrin:

I'll decide next year, but I do super like it. It's too bad the Australian government are ****ing retards right now.

Good! How are you? :smile:

Glad to hear it! I'm good thanks!^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah but I will need to resit a couple of things and apply next year.

But actually I was hanging with my grandparents and they took me to the University of Queensland in Brisbane (Australia, like you didn't know that :tongue:) and I sort of didn't hate it. It's a high-end institution, I would need the same grades as Cambridge. Like I actually reeeeeaaaally like it there.

What's the cost of uni Down Under?
I looked at studying in Australia and it seems fantastic - but I've never been there, and the costs seem pretty comparable to internationals who study here, and that's not even counting living costs. I'm aiming to study abroad there for a year though (ANU, Sydney, etc), it looks amazing.
Original post by NikolaT
I looked at studying in Australia and it seems fantastic - but I've never been there, and the costs seem pretty comparable to internationals who study here, and that's not even counting living costs. I'm aiming to study abroad there for a year though (ANU, Sydney, etc), it looks amazing.

Yeah it's super expensive for international students, just like here, annoyingly. I'm fortunately a citizen but I feel really bad for internationals.

Original post by O133
What's the cost of uni Down Under?

It depends on what you do and where you go, but the course I looked at gave an estimate of like AU$8000, AU$32000 for international students.
Yeah it's super expensive for international students, just like here, annoyingly. I'm fortunately a citizen but I feel really bad for internationals.

It depends on what you do and where you go, but the course I looked at gave an estimate of like AU$8000, AU$32000 for international students.

Not bad for Aussies then considering the fool that's running the country, but a bit on the pricey side (18 grand a year says Google) for internationals.

Not that it's ever an option for me as I want to do European languages so moving out of Europe to the other side of the world doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
Original post by O133
Not bad for Aussies then considering the fool that's running the country, but a bit on the pricey side (18 grand a year says Google) for internationals.

Not that it's ever an option for me as I want to do European languages so moving out of Europe to the other side of the world doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Yeah the current political state is honestly almost a deal-breaker for me :tongue:
Yeah the current political state is honestly almost a deal-breaker for me :tongue:

If you want to know what Britain under Farage would be like take a look at Australia.
Original post by O133
If you want to know what Britain under Farage would be like take a look at Australia.

Exactly :tongue:

I've been waiting so long for someone to say that just so I could say this: technically speaking, life is the longest thing you can do HUEHUEHUEHUEWHUAHGJHDFKLHDSAHHAHAHAHAH ok im sry *flies away*
Original post by Bude8
I've been waiting so long for someone to say that just so I could say this: technically speaking, life is the longest thing you can do HUEHUEHUEHUEWHUAHGJHDFKLHDSAHHAHAHAHAH ok im sry *flies away*

Haha! I'm glad I've given you the opportunity? ><

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my friends got a C in her psychology paper and really wasn't expecting it, got the paper back and they hadn't counted up the number of marks up right, they gave her 39 total but it actually should have been 45 -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
One of my friends got a C in her psychology paper and really wasn't expecting it, got the paper back and they hadn't counted up the number of marks up right, they gave her 39 total but it actually should have been 45 -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: I think that might have happened with my mechanics physics paper... only 2/3 marks but still.

What will her grade be now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ridiculous.-.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm: That's really poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeFailFish
:facepalm: That's really poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ridiculous.-.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl: I think that might have happened with my mechanics physics paper... only 2/3 marks but still.

What will her grade be now?

Taken her from a C to an A on that paper and a B to an A overall, absolutely insane

The teachers reckon it's to do with the fact there were no jan exams so there will have been so many more papers to mark this summer. So either the papers have been rushed or less experienced markers have been brought in :/

Latest