The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SassQueen13
:hugs: Thank you lovely! I'll see how I go, ended up seeing a friend today which was a great distraction :redface:

okay pokay, you know where i am :jumphug:
I don't relaly know what to do- I was wondering if someone had any ideas? I constantly feel lonely if I'm not surrounded by people all the time. I suffer from depression and have had anorexia- I've just come off my meds so I guess that makes it worse. I have a boyfriend and a lot of friends but with my friends I feel like they don't like me that much- I try to organise stuff and get little response. I do get invited out to stuff but not everything- I'm kinda new ish to the group. I just don't know how to cope with this overwhelming feeling of loneliness. My boyfriends leaving for uni in september so I dont want to rely on him as he's stressed etc. What can I do to help myself? I think its more my mentality and a little bit my situation. Thanks x
Original post by humblekingdom
I don't relaly know what to do- I was wondering if someone had any ideas? I constantly feel lonely if I'm not surrounded by people all the time. I suffer from depression and have had anorexia- I've just come off my meds so I guess that makes it worse. I have a boyfriend and a lot of friends but with my friends I feel like they don't like me that much- I try to organise stuff and get little response. I do get invited out to stuff but not everything- I'm kinda new ish to the group. I just don't know how to cope with this overwhelming feeling of loneliness. My boyfriends leaving for uni in september so I dont want to rely on him as he's stressed etc. What can I do to help myself? I think its more my mentality and a little bit my situation. Thanks x

Hiya! Welcome to MHSS, though sorry to hear of what brings you here :hugs:

Any reason you've come off your meds? Was that agreed with your doctor, or have you just done it spontaneously/independently?

Do you have any hobbies through which you could make new friends who might be more welcoming and responsive? :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hiya! Welcome to MHSS, though sorry to hear of what brings you here :hugs:

Any reason you've come off your meds? Was that agreed with your doctor, or have you just done it spontaneously/independently?

Do you have any hobbies through which you could make new friends who might be more welcoming and responsive? :smile:

Things were going well and I didn't want to be dependent on them ( I've been on them for two years) so I've come off them, my psychiatrist was reluctant but was happy for me to try.
Not as such, I like art and guitar but they're kind of vague things to find friends by you know? I have a lot of friends of college and the central group of friends are the ones I'm struggling with me but I feel like I need to be part of a friendship group for stability you know?
Thanks for replying by the way :smile:
Reply 904
Feeling really **** :frown:

Just did my hair removal cos iv let it slip recently and let people see me with my awful hair on my face. I just feel sad that i have to do this probably on a weekly basis for the rest of my life :sad:
Dont know what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Feeling really **** :frown:

Just did my hair removal cos iv let it slip recently and let people see me with my awful hair on my face. I just feel sad that i have to do this probably on a weekly basis for the rest of my life :sad:
Dont know what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could save up for laser removal? Or I heard some women have good luck with threading.
Reply 906
Original post by Sabertooth
You could save up for laser removal? Or I heard some women have good luck with threading.

Never manage to save up for that! Its so expensive :frown:
Id love to be able to afford it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just spent hours on sims. Kept getting stressed but got there in the end with my house.
Been playing animal crossing all evening, takes my mind off the fact my life is ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
random thought of the evening - i would give anything to ensure my brothers never have to deal with mental illness. i love the both of them so ******* much, and i know not everybody has amazing siblings which makes me all the more grateful for them. i want them to grow up and get a job they love so much it doesn't feel like working, and marry women or men who make them so happy they can't imagine life without them, and to grow old and happy and content. i never want them to have to go through this kind of hell. i'd rather me have to fight this for the rest of my life than them have to suffer. they're both such bright sparks, i never want their flames to be extinguished.
Original post by PandaWho
Never manage to save up for that! Its so expensive :frown:
Id love to be able to afford it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As technology gets better the price will drop so you may be able to afford it in the future. :smile:

I don't know if you can do threading on yourself but there are resources online which show you how to do it - if you can't do it on yourself do you have a female (or male I guess :tongue: ) friend who you could learn with and do it on each other? Just an idea - I know next to nothing about this kind of thing. :colondollar:

Original post by Porridge510
Just spent hours on sims. Kept getting stressed but got there in the end with my house.

The Sims is so good for wasting hours on. Have you played Theme Hospital? I've been playing it so much recently; such a good game.
Why is it I am never satisfied with my achievements, I have a cert he from the OU and did two jobs for gods sake all those years ago in one hit and did an access course (2008-2009) yet I am never satisfied with myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
As technology gets better the price will drop so you may be able to afford it in the future. :smile:

I don't know if you can do threading on yourself but there are resources online which show you how to do it - if you can't do it on yourself do you have a female (or male I guess :tongue: ) friend who you could learn with and do it on each other? Just an idea - I know next to nothing about this kind of thing. :colondollar:

The Sims is so good for wasting hours on. Have you played Theme Hospital? I've been playing it so much recently; such a good game.

Yeah, I don't realise how late it is when I finally come off it. :redface: No, I just looked it up, looks cool. :biggrin:
Reply 913
Original post by Odd socks
Been playing animal crossing all evening, takes my mind off the fact my life is ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's that lol?! And how you feeling? :redface:
Original post by samba
What's that lol?! And how you feeling? :redface:

It's a game for the Nintendo DS; and you have you own little town and you're the mayor and you start off with not much and just living in a tent and then you work your way up to having a nice house and a nice town with lots of people in it and you can fish and catch bugs and plant flowers and just generally avoid real life :tongue:

Im okay, listened to the voicemails from last night and managed not to get too upset by them, and sent the letter to my parent so just trying not to get myself too worked up and worried about that. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Àaaaaaaaaand crash. :sigh:
Reply 916

Yeah everytime i see the NoNo advert on tv i want it, but too expensive :frown:

No its in had to reach/see areas that id struggle with, tge hair removal cream works just makes me feel **** :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .snowflake.
Then you kill it with kindness. You freak people out that way :smile:

Haha yeah I guess.. But she scares me :s-smilie:

---

My flat is absolutely freezing tonight!
Reply 918
Original post by Odd socks
It's a game for the Nintendo DS; and you have you own little town and you're the mayor and you start off with not much and just living in a tent and then you work your way up to having a nice house and a nice town with lots of people in it and you can fish and catch bugs and plant flowers and just generally avoid real life :tongue:

Im okay, listened to the voicemails from last night and managed not to get too upset by them, and sent the letter to my parent so just trying not to get myself too worked up and worried about that. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! Just a pc for me so that's a no go! My friend has managed to get his gf fishing and farming for him in world of warcraft a few hours a day over the last few months :lol: And then had the cheek to tell her to blame me if she felt used as it was my idea!

Good job on the letter and the voicemails, it'll blow over honestly :smile:

I was in bed feeling miserable, but I feel a tiny bit better now and have made it out of bed!
having a bad night

Latest