The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Just feeling so **** recently, like horrifically awful and urgh.

Dont see the point in so much, cant even discuss it on here :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling all panicky tonight hm...
Original post by Team_McDreamy
having a bad night

Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lauraaaaa

Massive hugs to you all. Hoping you feel better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Oh! Just a pc for me so that's a no go! My friend has managed to get his gf fishing and farming for him in world of warcraft a few hours a day over the last few months :lol: And then had the cheek to tell her to blame me if she felt used as it was my idea!

Good job on the letter and the voicemails, it'll blow over honestly :smile:

I was in bed feeling miserable, but I feel a tiny bit better now and have made it out of bed!

Ah, I bought a DS months ago for pokemon X but hadn't treated myself to another game till now :smile: haha outsourcing, good idea :tongue:

Thanks :s-smilie: they should get the letter tomorrow so I'm so scared of how they'll react :/

That's good :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 924
Original post by Odd socks
Ah, I bought a DS months ago for pokemon X but hadn't treated myself to another game till now :smile: haha outsourcing, good idea :tongue:

Thanks :s-smilie: they should get the letter tomorrow so I'm so scared of how they'll react :/

That's good :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some guy in scrabble doesn't believe I'd kick his ass :lol:

I kinda want to get an old n64 to play some goldeneye :redface:
My flat is absolutely freezing tonight!

Lots of warm clothing helps! Although I recently also lived somewhere, where it was more like in old movies about the Soviet Union concerning heat. :russia:

Original post by samba
I was in bed feeling miserable, but I feel a tiny bit better now and have made it out of bed!

:nutcase: Yeah, let's do something!

having a bad night

:hugs: Maybe watching a comedy? Listenting to music until you fall asleep?

:console:Keep on figthing! Riposte, touché!:fight:You are so definitely worth it!

:hugs: Hope it will stop soon.
Original post by bubble999

Original post by Nathanielle

Thanks! I'll be fine if I can just get to sleep!
Reply 927

:sexface: ? Nah, just joined this nabs scrabble game as he asked for tips :lol:

How are you? :smile:
Reply 928
Lots of warm clothing helps! Although I recently also lived somewhere, where it was more like in old movies about the Soviet Union concerning heat. :russia:

:console:Keep on figthing! Riposte, touché!:fight:You are so definitely worth it!

Im not at all!
Im such a pathetic waste of space!
Theres no point at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Some guy in scrabble doesn't believe I'd kick his ass :lol:

I kinda want to get an old n64 to play some goldeneye :redface:

Haha I'm sure you'd win :tongue:

I miss all my old ps1 games like spyro and crash bandicoot :moon:

I've layered up with my onesie and all my bedding and then a blanket on top :tongue: damn Scotland, it's not even properly autumn yet :unimpressed:
Reply 930
Original post by bubble999

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks hun, if only i could believe it :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 931
Haha I'm sure you'd win :tongue:

I miss all my old ps1 games like spyro and crash bandicoot :moon:

haha I'm actually taking pity and playing with him :redface:

I had a mad idea earlier that could actually work!
Original post by samba
:sexface: ? Nah, just joined this nabs scrabble game as he asked for tips :lol:

How are you? :smile:

Very tired and a bit upset about a thread... (it is really astonishing, how some people think they have understood science ... depression being no real illness ... :facepalm::lolwut: ... just because the way you wanted to proove it, may be wrong, that doesn't make that illness inexistant. ... if I would work like this ... and if they knew the exact causes for other mental illnesses or even how a normal brain works)

I get upsetted to easily, but I am very proud I did not respond.
Reply 933
Very tired and a bit upset about a thread... (it is really astonishing, how some people think they have understood science ... depression being no real illness ... :facepalm::lolwut: ... just because the way you wanted to proove it, may be wrong, that doesn't make that illness inexistant. ... if I would work like this ... and if they knew the exact causes for other mental illnesses or even how a normal brain works)

I get upsetted to easily, but I am very proud I did not respond.

Oh I just responded to that thread with "do you think the world is really round?" - People can be retarded, especially students/younger people it seems. The tolerance is a facade. The majority are as homophobic, bigoted, racist, and semitic, and ablist all at once. But then so is the majority of the human race. Don't let it get to you :hugs:
Original post by samba
Oh I just responded to that thread with "do you think the world is really round?" - People can be retarded, especially students/younger people it seems. The tolerance is a facade. The majority are as homophobic, bigoted, racist, and semitic, and ablist all at once. But then so is the majority of the human race. Don't let it get to you :hugs:

I replied ... :frown: Angry on me,... but it was allways my weakness. (Alone from my understanding of research...)
How's it going, people? Pushing out all my good feelings to you all. Hope you're met well.

I've just been to a concert, finding my way back soon-ish.
Original post by Porridge510
Still haven't taken meds. Was going to come clean to my dad and tell him I haven't been taking them but my boyfriend said no because he probably won't trust me if I tell him I've been lieing to him.
I keep saying I'll start them tomorrow but tomorrow never comes. I'm in a hole at the moment. I've been neglecting myself because I'm just in a hole and I keep digging myself deeper. :mad: Only myself to blame.

Yeah, I was on quetiapane, i didn't get on with it though. Didn't do anything for me. Don't be sorry. :smile: I like sleeping. :redface:

I was thinking just doing home studies, but I get jealous when i see people going to uni and having the time of their lives. It does make sense, I feel like its kind of 50/50 like because you have your own freedom but at the same time you don't have people making sure you eat and stuff. Its almost like you can't win and for uni it sounds like you need a lot of self motivation? I'm not sure, i could be wrong. sorry if i am. :frown:

My boyfriend said at his uni they let people come and stay over for the weekend, like in the halls. Only for the weekend. Does your uni do that? Which uni are you at, if you don't mind me asking. o:
I hate decisions too, can't make them and always get myself confused.
Thank you so much for everything. :smile:

Hope I haven't been too personal. And sorry for the long reply. :frown:

I guess your boyfriend could be right there :redface: Though up to you if you come clean or not :s-smilie: :smile: I'd hope your dad would understand why you'd lie though? Even if it might upset him a small bit. (maybe)
*passes Porridge some steps* or I wish I could :frown: Hope you get out soon, being stuck isn't fun :s-smilie: Shouldn't blame yourself! you're ill - and meds sound kinda scary - though I think they could help you possibly, too :smile:

Ah okay - haha :redface: Fair enough :colondollar: :biggrin:

Yeah exactly :s-smilie: Definitely need motivation, and mine seems to come and go a lot/generally be low :s-smilie: Don't be sorry! You're right though :redface: If I get a routine then generally that can help, but then also takes effort to keep a routine together/it always seems to fall apart eventually.

Yeah, we had that for our halls :smile: This year we have our own house, so I think people can stay whenever - but yeah I think most halls/most Uni's do that. Not at all! I'm at Warwick :redface:
I hope you make a decision okay :redface: No problem at all! It's nice to chat :smile: Haven't been too personal :nah: and that's okay! :eek: :hugs:

Original post by Porridge510
Just spent hours on sims. Kept getting stressed but got there in the end with my house.

Haha :colondollar: I need to install it on my laptop (well, sims 1) :biggrin:

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
How are you all? :h:

:hi: Not great :s-smilie: :frown:
How are you? :dance: :smile: Haven't seen you around in a while :redface:

Original post by ScaryScience
I feel indescribably bad. have not stopped crying in 3 days. this is too hard

:jumphug: :hugs: Around if you need a chat, though I'm sorry if I fall asleep, too :redface: (Quite tired :colondollar:)

hahaha i still haven’t driven yet oooops! oh well haha not really in the mood for it lately, been feeling rubbish! what car is it that you drive? I’ve managed to sort my accommodation out no problems, just the click of a few buttons and then we’re all sorted :biggrin: now i just need to set up some direct debits and get my uni card sorted and we’re all good! Im sort of starting to worry about going now!

it really annoys me that its based on household income because, my parents earn a fair bit on paper, but we don’t actually have much spare money. if it wasn’t for this bond that my parents have, id never be able to afford to go to uni because we just don’t have the money! Don’t get me wrong, we live comfortably, but we don’t have a lot, and we rarely eat out or go anywhere anymore! I’m even skipping the family holiday this year because its too expensive for me to go! But luckily I’ve managed to get the shortest let for my uni room, so we’ve saved £600 :smile:

haha i always always watch illegally oooops :colondollar: i can show you some good sites, because mine kept getting blocked too haha and ooh pasta bol bake sounds so nice :tongue: I’m going out for tea tonight actually, can’t wait!

haha i felt so grown up writing my name on the card and stuff :woo: if you need to speak about anything, send me a message :tongue: my mom has well and truly pissed me off this afternoon :frown:

Haha :colondollar: Oh I'm sorry :frown: A citroen C1? Parents', but they put me on insurance occasionally :redface: Oh great! :biggrin: Glad it was all simple-ish/do-able :smile: Oh please don't worry :console: Anything in particular or just generally everything? :colondollar:

Yeah I think the whole system's sort of stupid :s-smilie: I mean if a family has 4 children, but earns 60k (10k per family member) then one of them going off to Uni gets substantially less than a family with 1 kid, on 45k (15k per member) Maybe that's a bad example/thing, but just seems odd the way it works out. Though at the same time I think it's really important that people from low income families get enough support - it's just that everyone else should, too :redface:
That's good :smile: I was shocked with warwick for the annual price difference for accommodation - the cheapest is 2400, most expensive almost 6 grand! :eek: (30 week and 39 week let respectively, but still)

:lol: Haha, I might well ask for help on here next term or something :colondollar: :tongue: My auntie cooked some chilli, so had that instead - pasta bol bake survived for another day :tongue: oo have fun! :teeth:

:lol: I was just scared writing mine - I still haven't really got a proper signature sorted - just write down my name/make it more swirly currently :tongue:
Oh I'm sorry :frown: What happened?

Sent the letter to my parents..

Well done :hugs:

Original post by furryface12
I saw that one! :lol:

It's probably just me not noticing it, I'm the most unobservant person I know, by far! :colondollar:

They won't put those tablets on repeat for some reason, no idea why, maybe just my doctor being weird as everything else is :s-smilie: And I tend to end up being allergic to half the over the counter things (although haven't tried for dizziness) so would rather not take the risk if I'm honest :redface: I'll survive anyway, it's been nowhere near as bad since and has gone back to normal the-room's-moving-a-bit levels as opposed to I'm-going-to-pass-out-any-second levels which I can cope with/I'm used to :smile:

Fair enough, I'd probably be the same! I'm sure they'll be nice too, teenagers can be horrible but then so can anyone :hugs: If you're not seeing them too much that makes it a bit less bad anyway :yep:

Thank you! Should be good hopefully :biggrin:

Yay :h: :biggrin:

Haha :colondollar: Take a look out for them next time you go :biggrin: try and convince them you're stealing 2l bottles of coke :teehee:

That's weird :confused: Oh, fair enough :colondollar: Glad it's calmed down - if it does get worse then do stay safe/maybe try and see a GP there :redface: :hugs:

I think they'll probably be nice :s-smilie: Just scary/they'll judge me because I'm a sad student stuck in his messy room on the computer :sad:

I really hope you have a great time :smile:

Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Travelling is bad with ill stuff unfortunately, that and I find it generally stressful which doesn't help :s-smilie: I've never really been able to sit down and watch one tbh, I end up fidgeting too much and driving everyone mad! At home's a bit better though as I can wander round or play on my laptop or something at the same time, but then that's back to the multitasking problem which has definitely got worse recently! :redface: Just need to get round to watching some :smile:

She did well so that's good :biggrin:

Spoiler

:sad: Yeah I suppose there is that - though I often end up (possibly like you :tongue:) ignoring the movie as I happily computer/do whatever else at home, then look up and get so confused/have to rewind :tongue: or constantly pause it while I do something :colondollar:

Yays :biggrin:

Original post by fatherdougal
thanks, I just need to be brave enough to go to the doctors now

You can do it! :redface: But do keep us up to date with things - and of course carry on posting/whatever you like :biggrin:

Original post by tasha96
Okay, so apparently the rest of the world finds my first date very funny. :teehee: I suppose it kind of is looking back. :tongue:

:teehee: May have chuckled a bit at this :colondollar: Am I allowed to use this to feel better about my first date? That even if it didn't work out at all in the end (:sad:) - at least I didn't headbutt a lamp post get a nosebleed :tongue: :lol:

Original post by DebkoX
Its fine but, I wouldn't even know how to explain.

Okey :redface: Just keep it in mind maybe :redface: Do feel free to post here whenever/whatever though, of course! :biggrin: :smile:

Original post by Cantthinkofname
My town has its own service which provide help with loads of different problems. Tier three was too much for me and as I call 'the CHAMS experience' didn't go quite as planned as I got upset.

:sad: I'm afraid I don't know enough to suggest much else then :s-smilie: But I'm sorry it didn't work well for you :/ :console: Could you see your school counsellor to talk about things without CAMHS? or did they sort of pass you on to CAMHS? :dontknow:

Original post by Yasmin25
I had a severe panic attack 9 days in Asda. It came out of the blue and it knocked me for six tbh. I usually feel drained and crap after a bad panic attack but how I felt after this one was something else. I felt like my brain and body had been battered black and blue by a pro boxer.

Anyhoo, that was my first major panic attack in months and usually after a bad attack I would feel drained and down fir a few days at most but this has been 9 days now and I still feel as drained and down as much as I did just after it happened :frown: I don't believe I have depression but I do feel really depressed, if that makes sense? I kinda feel like I have went back the way and all that progress I made getting over my panic disorder and agoraphobia has went out the window and that I am back at square one because part of me feels as panicky about going outside and doing things again as I did when I first started to take control of my panics :frown:

Have any of you ever felt like this so long after a bad attack?

I don't suffer from panic attacks, but just thought I'd say that I'm really sorry you've had a bad one recently/still bleh-ing with it :s-smilie: :hugs:
You haven't lost all that progress at all - I'm sure you've still learnt techniques/stuff to help along the way - and it's not as if you've forgotten that stuff - this is just a hiccup/and beyond your control? :redface: :hugs:

I hope that that makes sense :s-smilie: You've still (from the sounds of things/your previous posts) made a big move forward with your panic attacks/depression from where they had been!

Original post by Star-girl
I got my first diary as an 8th birthday present. I loved writing in it and have been keeping them sporadically since then. :tongue:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Oh wow! ages then :eek: I only really started like last May (2013) properly, though also a bit on an app before then/since 2011 maybe :colondollar: Not much at all though :tongue:

Calculating with Cider, thus: Big hugs to everyone!

:lol: :smile: :hugs:
Have you had resits/exams yet? or they coming soon? Hope it all goes well/that you're alright!

Original post by humblekingdom
I don't relaly know what to do- I was wondering if someone had any ideas? I constantly feel lonely if I'm not surrounded by people all the time. I suffer from depression and have had anorexia- I've just come off my meds so I guess that makes it worse. I have a boyfriend and a lot of friends but with my friends I feel like they don't like me that much- I try to organise stuff and get little response. I do get invited out to stuff but not everything- I'm kinda new ish to the group. I just don't know how to cope with this overwhelming feeling of loneliness. My boyfriends leaving for uni in september so I dont want to rely on him as he's stressed etc. What can I do to help myself? I think its more my mentality and a little bit my situation. Thanks x

Hi there :redface:
I think it's difficult sometimes because can often feel lonely even if you have friends closeby (at least I've sometimes found that :s-smilie:) - are you carrying on with school/college next year - with this same new-ish group of friends? I think that sometimes a) people can be stupid/forgetful/unthoughtful when organising things, particularly if you're new to a group? and b) people are rubbish at responding to things sometimes :colondollar: I realise that that maybe doesn't help :s-smilie: but depending on the situation/stuff.
I think I saw in your reply to TLG that you do some music things? Do you think you'd enjoy singing in a choir/joining some sort of music group at your college? :smile:

random thought of the evening - i would give anything to ensure my brothers never have to deal with mental illness. i love the both of them so ******* much, and i know not everybody has amazing siblings which makes me all the more grateful for them. i want them to grow up and get a job they love so much it doesn't feel like working, and marry women or men who make them so happy they can't imagine life without them, and to grow old and happy and content. i never want them to have to go through this kind of hell. i'd rather me have to fight this for the rest of my life than them have to suffer. they're both such bright sparks, i never want their flames to be extinguished.

That's really sweet of you :redface: They're lucky to have such a nice and kind sis! :yes:
I'm sorry you're not having a good evening :s-smilie: Sending hugs :hugs:

Original post by iloveteddy14
Why is it I am never satisfied with my achievements, I have a cert he from the OU and did two jobs for gods sake all those years ago in one hit and did an access course (2008-2009) yet I am never satisfied with myself

:hugs:

Original post by tasha96
Àaaaaaaaaand crash. :sigh:

:frown: :jumphug: :hugs:

Original post by samba
...My friend has managed to get his gf fishing and farming for him in world of warcraft a few hours a day over the last few months :lol: And then had the cheek to tell her to blame me if she felt used as it was my idea!

:lol: That is so awesome! :tongue: I know my friend sometimes farmed/fished for her Dad :tongue: I think she enjoyed it, but still found it amusing :colondollar: We converted her to lotro though :colone: :biggrin: (:horse:)
Can't sleep :frown: keep worrying about my mum getting the letter and how she'll react. It'll be bad, I know it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexs2602
How's it going, people? Pushing out all my good feelings to you all. Hope you're met well.

I've just been to a concert, finding my way back soon-ish.

Very tired :tongue: Just off to bed now :colondollar:

Oh yes you said! Hope it was good :biggrin: :woo:

:hugs: to you both. :jumphug:

----------------------------------

So tired :eek: Had a fairly :s-smilie: afternoon/evening. Almost went for a drive but was 5ish/rush hour, so went to cove instead :smile: Had a nice time just sitting and listening to ipod (was going to read but didn't get round to it :colondollar: - haven't read anything in like a whole year (besides snoopy :tongue:))
Watched Lego movie tonight too with cousin :redface:

Good night all :grouphugs:
Sleep is still not happening so I made a me with an app thing :tongue:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408670532.445217.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest