The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Not a bad idea that

Not sure we have the cash though, FFP certainly isn't an issue.
Original post by Pete_91
**** it why don't we just buy Di Maria and Khedira, play Sanchez as our CF and then buy a backup CB. Better than most alternatives tbh.

Might as well just get Varane while we're at it. Maybe Coentrão or Marcelo too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Webster2002
Might as well just get Varane while we're at it. Maybe Coentrão or Marcelo too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

None of those players are for sale, the two I listed are.
People don't have to buy for sale to be bought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM
Funny comment, but let's face it, when you've worked for PwC as an accountant, J.P Morgan as an Investment Banker, and now the Executive Vice-Chairman of Manchester United football club......you're doing something right in life.

You're not an investment banker or an accountant for PwC, I have no idea why you constantly loathe over these occupations in every sub-forum when you haven't even step foot into the business, let alone university. Once you become an investment banker, work 80-120 hours a week, experience the "magic roundabout" and earn 1/50th of what your bosses earn, let me know.

I know countless graduates who have worked so hard to get into investment banking and are now working equally as hard to get out of it.
Original post by little_tom
You're not an investment banker or an accountant for PwC, I have no idea why you constantly loathe over these occupations in every sub-forum when you haven't even step foot into the business, let alone university. Once you become an investment banker, work 80-120 hours a week, experience the "magic roundabout" and earn 1/50th of what your bosses earn, let me know.

I know countless graduates who have worked so hard to get into investment banking and are now working equally as hard to get out of it.

Money, bruv. Money. He's getting buck loads. I never said I know anything about Investment Banking or Accounting. I just know that he got paid well and he's getting paid well now....of course money doesn't equal success for me, but it does for many, many people.
Ballooooo to Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best case scenario for end of transfer window (if Wenger takes his thumb out of his arse and we have unlimited luck).

Reus
Di Maria - Ozil - Sanchez
Khedira - Ramsey
Gibbs - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
Szczesny

Back up team would be:

Walcott
Chamberlain - Cazorla - Campbell
Arteta - Wilshere
Monreal - Miquel - Chambers - Bellerin
Ospina

Consider those two teams combined. We would only need to shell out maybe £75m for the three new players in that squad, and besides possibly needing a replacement CB/LB/RB we would be world beaters.

A more realistic XI:

Walcott
Chamberlain - Ozil - Sanchez
Khedira - Ramsey
Gibbs - Koscielny - Chambers - Debuchy
Szczesny

Still an incredibly formidable team, and good enough to win the league.
Original post by BenAssirati
Best case scenario for end of transfer window (if Wenger takes his thumb out of his arse and we have unlimited luck).

Reus
Di Maria - Ozil - Sanchez
Khedira - Ramsey
Gibbs - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
Szczesny

Back up team would be:

Walcott
Chamberlain - Cazorla - Campbell
Arteta - Wilshere
Monreal - Miquel - Chambers - Bellerin
Ospina

Consider those two teams combined. We would only need to shell out maybe £75m for the three new players in that squad, and besides possibly needing a replacement CB/LB/RB we would be world beaters.

A more realistic XI:

Walcott
Chamberlain - Ozil - Sanchez
Khedira - Ramsey
Gibbs - Koscielny - Chambers - Debuchy
Szczesny

Still an incredibly formidable team, and good enough to win the league.

If you sign Reus or Di Maria I'll donate my liver to a dying orphan, the race, religion and creed of whom is your choice
Original post by Yesss I diddd
If you sign Reus or Di Maria I'll donate my liver to a dying orphan, the race, religion and creed of whom is your choice

If we sign Reus or Di Maria I would be too happy to remember this bet. How about Khedira or Cavani?
If we sign Reus or Di Maria I would be too happy to remember this bet. How about Khedira or Cavani?

Khedira isn't such a big name and I wouldn't be afraid if you got him. PSG are trying to offload Cavani apparently, so wouldn't be that massive a coup, still an outstanding player.

Anyway Ben honestly it's time for you to stop posting on football forum. This morning you advocated essentially a 60m euro bid for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who's outlined his plans to retire in two years time lmfao
Khedira isn't such a big name and I wouldn't be afraid if you got him. PSG are trying to offload Cavani apparently, so wouldn't be that massive a coup, still an outstanding player.

Anyway Ben honestly it's time for you to stop posting on football forum. This morning you advocated essentially a 60m euro bid for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who's outlined his plans to retire in two years time lmfao

Di Maria is in exactly the same position as Cavani. Big name, future at the club looking unstable, big name teams want them. I would honestly take Ibra for 2 years, and who are you tell me to stop posting? Didn't you lot spend £35m on Andy Carroll?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_tom

Whether it ends up being a good decision for someone personally or not, I don't think you could call them a loser.
Di Maria is in exactly the same position as Cavani. Big name, future at the club looking unstable, big name teams want them. I would honestly take Ibra for 2 years, and who are you tell me to stop posting?

You have an abundance of wide players/attacking midfielders and he would cost an outrageous amount of money, there's good reason why Arsenal have not been linked to him.

No **** you would take Ibra for two years, every club in the ****ing world would. It's ridiculously unrealistic that he'd even leave PSG before his contract ends, especially to take a downwards step to Arsenal. I'm telling you to stop posting because I'd rather not read your delusional bull**** x
what respectable man wants to work 80-120 hours a week in life that is losing in my book how would you find time to shuffle to some house and bang sluts
Original post by baconbutty
what respectable man wants to work 80-120 hours a week in life that is losing in my book how would you find time to shuffle to some house and bang sluts

Point is they've obviously been successful to get there, then it's a matter of if they actually enjoy it

Anyway Woodward specifically is obviously not a loser, he's #winning
You have an abundance of wide players/attacking midfielders and he would cost an outrageous amount of money, there's good reason why Arsenal have not been linked to him.

No **** you would take Ibra for two years, every club in the ****ing world would. It's ridiculously unrealistic that he'd even leave PSG before his contract ends, especially to take a downwards step to Arsenal. I'm telling you to stop posting because I'd rather not read your delusional bull**** x

Calm down, if you don't want to read my 'delusional [nonsense]' then go back to the Liverpool forum, because I am not going to stop posting in my club's thread.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Point is they've obviously been successful to get there, then it's a matter of if they actually enjoy it

Anyway Woodward specifically is obviously not a loser, he's #winning

money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life
thats not to say i don't respect a man in a suit whos worked hard cus we'd all like to be there when our partyin days are over
Original post by baconbutty
money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life

So would I, but it's still a hard job to get to the top in so they've been successful to get there. Once they've got there then it's a question of if they actually enjoy it yeah

Latest