The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I got 3 ums of an a in eng literature and 5 ums of a in language should I remark any of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! That's really close!
Original post by KAWK
Yeah! That's really close!

Lol thanks just what I needed I was so dissapointed by my 4 b but after looking at the ums mark I could get them all to a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1142
Did anyone else do bMathematics A (Linear) Option H' but only got one overall grade, no ums marks or broken down calculator and non calculator?? Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm really confused because I want to know my scores not just a grade... Thanks :smile:)
Reply 1143
Lol thanks just what I needed I was so dissapointed by my 4 b but after looking at the ums mark I could get them all to a

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can easily go up I reckon.
Original post by SukhS
Did anyone else do bMathematics A (Linear) Option H' but only got one overall grade, no ums marks or broken down calculator and non calculator?? Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm really confused because I want to know my scores not just a grade... Thanks :smile:)

I did I only got one grade and score but it's an a * so I'm fine with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KAWK
It can easily go up I reckon.

It's likely especially if it's in essay topics where's there's no certain correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1146
It's likely especially if it's in essay topics where's there's no certain correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

With some luck, you should raise it up.
Original post by KAWK
With some luck, you should raise it up.

Wo awesome so that means my results would go from 2a* 3a 4b to 3a* 6a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1148
Wo awesome so that means my results would go from 2a* 3a 4b to 3a* 6a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! :smile:
really need some advice on what to do about chemistry! I missed the boundary for an A* (360) by one UMS mark so I'm slightly disappointed knowing I was so close. I repeated my unit one exam already and due to not working hard enough I actually went down but thankfully kept my higher mark! in unit two I was right on the boundary for an A* (144) and my controlled assessment was also an A* (95) so therefore unit one (120) which was an A has let me down but I can't repeat it! I'm doing chemistry this year and would really love to get that one extra UMS mark! should I get a remark or repeat unit two? my raw mark in unit two was 101/115 so there's room for some improvement there and I know chemistry has a set mark scheme and it's difficult to go up but I'd just really love some help! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamlynchy
really need some advice on what to do about chemistry! I missed the boundary for an A* (360) by one UMS mark so I'm slightly disappointed knowing I was so close. I repeated my unit one exam already and due to not working hard enough I actually went down but thankfully kept my higher mark! in unit two I was right on the boundary for an A* (144) and my controlled assessment was also an A* (95) so therefore unit one (120) which was an A has let me down but I can't repeat it! I'm doing chemistry this year and would really love to get that one extra UMS mark! should I get a remark or repeat unit two? my raw mark in unit two was 101/115 so there's room for some improvement there and I know chemistry has a set mark scheme and it's difficult to go up but I'd just really love some help! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remark dude I'm one if an a abd got told to remark catse it's likely to go up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SukhS

I think I did the same but I just went up to my maths teacher and asked what my scores were and she had them on paper and told me how many marks off I was to the next grade and how many I got on each. If you can go back into school or just ring them then they should be able to tell you!
Original post by SukhS

Idk why, but they never give you a mark for maths, just a grade - annoying, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! I was only told i got an a star, no ums, no calc. or non calc score, i wanted to know at least my ums score and my raw marks really, so i asked my teacher and she told me my raw marks which made me much more happy!
I would advise you to just ask your teacher as it's worth it!

Original post by Sarah Bethany
Idk why, but they never give you a mark for maths, just a grade - annoying, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woops! Just realised someone had already replied with a similar answer. Sorry:colondollar:
Original post by nooonooo
Yes! I was only told i got an a star, no ums, no calc. or non calc score, i wanted to know at least my ums score and my raw marks really, so i asked my teacher and she told me my raw marks which made me much more happy!
Original post by nooonooo

Yeah, I will for my further maths I go back...did for maths last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1156
Could somebody please tell me how many ums marks were required for A/B for physics A OCR 21st century. Triple science ???
Original post by npba
Could somebody please tell me how many ums marks were required for A/B for physics A OCR 21st century. Triple science ???

70 UMS = B
80 UMS = A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1158
Original post by Sarah Bethany
70 UMS = B
80 UMS = A

Overall I achieved 277ums marks for physics. Would it be worth getting a remark as I believe I was 3 marks away from achieving a B grade ? I only messed up on one exam (p7) that stopped me from getting a B
Original post by npba

Overall I achieved 277ums marks for physics. Would it be worth getting a remark as I believe I was 3 marks away from achieving a B grade ? I only messed up on one exam (p7) that stopped me from getting a B

When you say 3 marks are you talking about raw marks or UMS?

Edit: I checked and you're talking about UMS - you could get a remark and hope that you get an extra couple of marks, however it's not likely in a subject like physics and you risk losing marks as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest