The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by supergeek2411
I got 45/50 36/60 47/90 and i was predicted and A lol , my whole class (15 students) ended up with C and D's except 1 B , its so ****ed up one girl got 44/50 51/60 and 38/90? How the hell does that work out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks :frown: And you did really well on the coursework so your teacher sounds like they knew what they were doing, so I would've thought you would get your predicted grade, hopefully the examiner marking your papers was just harsh and it'll go up with a remark. Quite a few people in my class didn't get what they were expecting either, its really annoying :confused:
Reply 141
Can someone please explain the iGCSE RS grade boundaries? I got A star in one, 92, and 83 in another (A). Is this worth a remark?
Hey guys,

I recently got my results back yesterday from studying GCSE English. And the results said a D. But this was too close to the next boundary which was obviously a C. I came out with 174 and I only needed 6 more marks to get a C. Is there any point in getting my paper/controlled assessments remarked if so why? Or if there is not any luck in achieving this until I resit/have to resit GCSE English. Please explain.

Thanks.

I hope one of you can help me very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack M

:smile:
I came out with *

And I got 174/180 :frown:

Sorry if that sounded confusing.
Reply 144
Hello, I got A in my core science and I really wanted an A* ( it was my personal and predicted grade) I'm 5 marks of from an a*, so I want to know if it's worth me sending all 3 exams for remarks or retakes. I dunno know if I want 3 more exam as well as other exams in y11. I'm really confused, please help! I'm worried if I decide to do something like medicine or dentistry, universities might ask for a* in science gcse :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So in geography edexcel b there are 4 units all out of 100.
In unit 1 I got 100,
Unit 2 I got 100,
Unit 3 I got 70,
And unit 4 I got 88.
This takes me up to 358/400, which is 2 ums off the a* (1 raw mark).
Is it worth remarking my unit 3, since it was the decision unit with lots of opinions + I was predicted and expected at least an A.
Any advice appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92
That sucks :frown: And you did really well on the coursework so your teacher sounds like they knew what they were doing, so I would've thought you would get your predicted grade, hopefully the examiner marking your papers was just harsh and it'll go up with a remark. Quite a few people in my class didn't get what they were expecting either, its really annoying :confused:

Tbh i didnt take GCSE's that serious but i know for well history was my best subject there was no way that i was not getting an A, i was expecting at least B's in both papers, and then i end up with almost an e on the germany paper which was not even dificult,I'm so.annoyed just like a lot of other people -_-,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
when do we get our fix result back from remark?

OMG, the exam board are so bad because they put X in one of my friend History paper which isnt true because He sat every papers.

Also, somehow there is a wrong mark for our school coursework for sciences and they will try to fix it. If that happen hopefully I get a clean and clear A*s and dont have to get my paper remark :smile:
Original post by jack7456
Hey guys,

I recently got my results back yesterday from studying GCSE English. And the results said a D. But this was too close to the next boundary which was obviously a C. I came out with 174 and I only needed 6 more marks to get a C. Is there any point in getting my paper/controlled assessments remarked if so why? Or if there is not any luck in achieving this until I resit/have to resit GCSE English. Please explain.

Thanks.

I hope one of you can help me very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack M

:smile:

You can't get your CAs remarked, but you could get your papers remarked - I'm English is very subjective and so it is likely that you could gain a few extra marks. I'd say it was worth it, as long as you are prepared for the mark to go down either. :smile: hope that helps at all

Original post by SSAA9
Hello, I got A in my core science and I really wanted an A* ( it was my personal and predicted grade) I'm 5 marks of from an a*, so I want to know if it's worth me sending all 3 exams for remarks or retakes. I dunno know if I want 3 more exam as well as other exams in y11. I'm really confused, please help! I'm worried if I decide to do something like medicine or dentistry, universities might ask for a* in science gcse :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going into year 11?
Are you talking about 5 raw marks or 5 UMS? It's unlikely that marks will change in subjects like science as answers are generally either right or wrong, however, you might be able to gain a mark or two here and there. What did you get in each paper and what exam board is it?(just wondering how close to the A* you were on each paper)
An A is still an amazing grade though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by usycool1

If you're with Edexcel or AQA, you can find their UMS converters online.

Edexcel: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/pages/ums-mark-converter.aspx
AQA: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

But how can I find out how many raw marks I missed out on overall. Not each unit??
[QUOTE="rchatburn09;49682423"]
Original post by usycool1

If you're with Edexcel or AQA, you can find their UMS converters online.

Edexcel: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/pages/ums-mark-converter.aspx
AQA: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

But how can I find out how many raw marks I missed out on overall. Not each unit??

Which exam board are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bethany;49682441" Sarah="Sarah"]
Original post by rchatburn09

Which exam board are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA
Original post by SSAA9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't remark or resit.

Just make sure you get the A* in additional science :yep:

AQA

There's a PDF with all the UMS boundaries in it... I'll try to link it

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA

Original post by Sarah Bethany
There's a PDF with all the UMS boundaries in it... I'll try to link it

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF

However, after reading back, I'm not sure this is what you're looking for...
What is it you're trying to find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Pe was like the worst for me, like so bad that in my mocks I got a shameful E... But I revised my butt off and managed to get an a* (miracle I know). However I'm not here to brag about that. I looked further down and I saw a D!!! A ****ing D!!
I'm so confused cus I know that's my practical grade and I just don't understand how I got that because our teachers told us our grades, and I got a B when it was moderated by the examiner. Should I look into it? Or just be happy with my B? I can't really get a remark can I
[QUOTE="Bethany;49682803" Sarah="Sarah"]

Brilliant, thanks.

How do I then convert the UMS I overall missed out into raw marks? e.g. I got 344 in physics, missed out on the A* by 16 UMS. How do I work out what that 16 UMS is in raw marks??

Many thanks
[QUOTE="rchatburn09;49682885"]
Original post by Sarah Bethany

Brilliant, thanks.

How do I then convert the UMS I overall missed out into raw marks? e.g. I got 344 in physics, missed out on the A* by 16 UMS. How do I work out what that 16 UMS is in raw marks??

Many thanks

Ah right, what did you get on each unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bethany;49682911" Sarah="Sarah"]

Ah right, what did you get on each unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 1 - 94 UMS - A*
Unit 2 - 83 UMS - A
Unit 3 - 82 UMS - A

Unit 4 (CW) - 85 UMS - A

Thanks
I'm 3 marks off an a* in history - should I get it remarked? I want to do it at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest