Unit 4 (CW) - 85 UMS - A

Thanks

Give me a minute, I'll work it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bethany;49683037" Sarah="Sarah"]
Original post by rchatburn09

Give me a minute, I'll work it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant! Could you possibly tell me how to work it out as well...so I can see on my other sciences because I'm in similar situations with all...

Thanks again
I got my CIE English Language (0500) result which is 85 percentage uniform mark which i think is the same as ums and they didn't give me any raw marks. I am a bit confused, if the A* boundary is 82 and the A boundary is 73 does that mean I got 77.5? I got straight A*s so I find this A a bit frustrating although I am still happy with the result. Do you think I should get a remark? Also is it possible to get coursework remarked as that counts for 50% of the GCSE, I know English Language is really important and I don't want this to hold me back...
(edited 9 years ago)
Brilliant! Could you possibly tell me how to work it out as well...so I can see on my other sciences because I'm in similar situations with all...

Thanks again

Can you sort out your quotes... With each other. You're just quoting yourself
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can you sort out your quotes... With each other. You're just quoting yourself

I have no idea how....im just clicking reply.....
I have no idea how....im just clicking reply.....

When you quote her next, remove your name and that from the text.

Thanks again

Yeah, sure :smile:
This is what you got in raw marks and what you need to get an A* in each:
Unit 2: 38- need 6 marks
Unit 3: 41- need 4 marks
Unit 4: 42- need 2 marks (although you probably won't be able to get this one remarked as it's CA)

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums - use this converter, click on 'convert multiple grades' and a raw-UMS converter table comes up, use that to find your raw mark (it might be one of a few marks) then use the boundries table to work out how many more marks you need :smile: hope that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I got 357 UMS in AQA Science A, meaning I got an A overall and I was 3 UMS away from an A*.

Physics 85 UMS (A)
Chemistry 91 UMS (A*)
Biology 81 UMS (A)
ISA 100 UMS (A*)

Do you suggest a remark on a particular paper? Is it possible to resit just one of these papers?

Thanks.
I got 9A*s and 1A in Business Studies, which I'm sure I didn't deserve. In my controlled assessment, I worked out that my teacher had given me about 48/60 raw marks. I'm absolutely convinced that I deserved a higher mark, but now I can't get it remarked or looked at. I think it's extremely unfair that a teacher can just dock you lots of marks and chances are, the moderators won't see it. Is there anything I can do about this, or is it just a huge flaw in the system? Also, she is a new teacher and has never taught the course nor marked a CA before and she is also a really bad and inexperienced teacher, so this is likely the reason. Also, I can't believe my school decided to give us a new teacher to replace the very experienced teacher HALFWAY through the GCSE course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by abbie1259
I got 357 UMS in AQA Science A, meaning I got an A overall and I was 3 UMS away from an A*.

Physics 85 UMS (A)
Chemistry 91 UMS (A*)
Biology 81 UMS (A)
ISA 100 UMS (A*)

Do you suggest a remark on a particular paper? Is it possible to resit just one of these papers?

Thanks.

You could get either chemistry or physics remarked, but it's unlikely they'd change, and no you'd have to resit all the exams and coursework I'm afraid :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abbie1259

Physics 85 UMS (A)
Chemistry 91 UMS (A*)
Biology 81 UMS (A)
ISA 100 UMS (A*)

Thanks.

I would remark the ISA.
JK :biggrin:. Personally, I wouldn't remark an individual paper because science isn't very subjective and your marks are unlikely to change much. The only chance you have of getting +3 UMS is remarking all three of them, and even then it's probably a waste of money. If you have the money to spare, I would say remark all of the three exams. However, you do know how well you did better than me, so it's up to you. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PrimeLime
I would remark the ISA.
JK :biggrin:. Personally, I wouldn't remark an individual paper because science isn't very subjective and your marks are unlikely to change much. The only chance you have of getting +3 UMS is remarking all three of them, and even then it's probably a waste of money. If you have the money to spare, I would say remark all of the three exams. However, you do know how well you did better than me, so it's up to you. :smile:

Okay, thank you for your help!
I was only 3 marks of a B in AQA chemistry and 5 off in Biology, does anyone think I should get a remark
really need some advice on what to do about chemistry! I missed the boundary for an A* (360) by one UMS mark so I'm slightly disappointed knowing I was so close. I repeated my unit one exam already and due to not working hard enough I actually went down but thankfully kept my higher mark! in unit two I was right on the boundary for an A* (144) and my controlled assessment was also an A* (95) so therefore unit one (120) which was an A has let me down but I can't repeat it! I'm doing chemistry this year and would really love to get that one extra UMS mark! should I get a remark or repeat unit two? my raw mark in unit two was 101/115 so there's room for some improvement there and I know chemistry has a set mark scheme and it's difficult to go up but I'd just really love some help! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Hi I got a really high A in aqa art gcse about 3 UMS away from an A* in my course work! But I did get an A* in my final exam. Do you think it's possible to get this remarked?? Thanks for your help!
Hello,
How do you get a remark? Do you wait until you go back to school or do you contact the school?
Reply 176
In AQA History B I got 215 UMS marks which if I'm correct is 1 UMS mark off an A*! I'm so annoyed as I got A*s on paper 1 and my controlled assessment! Shall I get it remarked and if I do is it likely to go up?
Original post by laurarowe
In AQA History B I got 215 UMS marks which if I'm correct is 1 UMS mark off an A*! I'm so annoyed as I got A*s on paper 1 and my controlled assessment! Shall I get it remarked and if I do is it likely to go up?

Yes! I'd get at least 1 paper remarked as it's quite possible that it'd go up, but remember that it might go down as well (not enough to affect your grade though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah Bethany
Yeah, sure :smile:
This is what you got in raw marks and what you need to get an A* in each:
Unit 2: 38- need 6 marks
Unit 3: 41- need 4 marks
Unit 4: 42- need 2 marks (although you probably won't be able to get this one remarked as it's CA)

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums - use this converter, click on 'convert multiple grades' and a raw-UMS converter table comes up, use that to find your raw mark (it might be one of a few marks) then use the boundries table to work out how many more marks you need :smile: hope that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this. I don't think its worth remarks.... So close yet so far....

Thanks again
Thanks for this. I don't think its worth remarks.... So close yet so far....

Thanks again

Ah no problem :smile:
Aw that's a shame, but an A is still a great grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest