The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwertymed
is 62.5/68 decent?

It's hard to judge with all the new scoring and all. I reckon that will be a decent score. But this is guess work though...
Original post by Amyk89
Not quite true anymore. Leicester's scoring system has now changed to give a wider range of scores for ukcat. 690 would score 27.5/34 which is still a bit of a risk but it depends on how high the scores are now.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates

Yeah I reckon scores won't be as high as last year so it might be okay for me to apply there but not too sure
The preliminary report shows a lower average and I would be in a higher decile than last year. Can you remember how your preliminary report compared to the actual report? I will have to send my application before the results come out (school wants it early)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Parent_help
*Thanks Amyk89 - Edited because the info was wrong and potentially damaging - sorry - hopefully its correct now! :colondollar: *

For Leicester, they mark by the total UKCAT score, and in your case, you are just above 2750 band. tricky - you are near the cutoff

However, the good thing about UKCAT, is that you can verify where you really are before you apply to Uni. This is because all UKCAT decile results come out a week or so before the application deadlines.

Yeah I will look at the report in early September as well and see how that compares.
Is 2750 last years cut off or generally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpcp
Yeah I reckon scores won't be as high as last year so it might be okay for me to apply there but not too sure
The preliminary report shows a lower average and I would be in a higher decile than last year. Can you remember how your preliminary report compared to the actual report? I will have to send my application before the results come out (school wants it early)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't remember seeing an early report last year so I can't comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know how Leicester use the personal statement?
For accommodation where do the majority of first year medics stay? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
For accommodation where do the majority of first year medics stay? :smile:

I'm in John Foster :smile:

Where are you staying?
I haven't booked yet... Do you know how long it takes from John Foster to the medical school. Which room type are you going for... Catered or self catered? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't booked yet... Do you know how long it takes from John Foster to the medical school. Which room type are you going for... Catered or self catered? :smile:

They say on the website that it takes 40 mins walk from Oadby to the University Campus. But I believe there's a bus...

I'm in self catered :smile:
Original post by minhle20
They say on the website that it takes 40 mins walk from Oadby to the University Campus. But I believe there's a bus...

I'm w self catered :smile:

Oh right. Yeah I was looking at John Foster but thinking about going catered. Have you got Ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right. Yeah I was looking at John Foster but thinking about going catered. Have you got Ensuite?

Yep I have an ensuite :smile:
Standard or premium?
Also, have you received crb forms?
Have you received anything from the medical school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Standard or premium?
Also, have you received crb forms?
Have you received anything from the medical school?

Premium Ensuite room. I filled in my details for the CRB yesterday.

I haven't received much from the medical school. Do you know what's happening about accommodation for our first week?
Premium Ensuite room. I filled in my details for the CRB yesterday.

I haven't received much from the medical school. Do you know what's happening about accommodation for our first week?

Same i filled it in yesterday :smile:

Do you know what's happening with vaccines?
We will probably get more info nearer the time.
Have you registered on the online portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same i filled it in yesterday :smile:

Do you know what's happening with vaccines?
We will probably get more info nearer the time.
Have you registered on the online portal?

Not a clue about vaccines. I filled in this form 2 months ago about what vaccines I've already had...

I've registered with the online portal. I haven't uploaded a picture of myself yet...
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
If an applicant had 10A* st gcse, 3 A's at AS, a great ukcat score but a C in AS chemistry how much would this go against him? Any help much appreciated 😊

Can anyone help please?
Not a clue about vaccines. I filled in this form 2 months ago about what vaccines I've already had...

I've registered with the online portal. I haven't uploaded a picture of myself yet...

Apparently we get the vaccines during the induction week.
Have you received a welcome pack/ letter from the medical school??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently we get the vaccines during the induction week.
Have you received a welcome pack/ letter from the medical school??

I received a welcome pack from the University on results day. But it wasn't a medicine specific one; only a generic university one.

Where did you hear about the vaccines?
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Can anyone help please?

Are you predicted an A for A2 Chemistry?
Are you predicted an A for A2 Chemistry?

Not me, my friend, but yes he is. He has A* A* A predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending