The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliwhi
Hehehe I'm just about to do my grade 7 Piano in December. Haven't learnt all my scales though... Oops XD

How long have you been playing? I've been playing for about 11 years and have been slacking off with practice recently D;

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade seven piano! That's amazing! I've been playing for 5 and a half years and I'm doing my grade 5 in November or December! Good luck with grade seven :smile:
Original post by ChoccyMelody
Wow! Grade 7, good luck! I'm grade 4 on the violin, not the piano. :tongue: I've been playing piano for 2 years and I'm grade 3 atm (nowhere near as impressive as you!). Yeah, I haven't practiced much either, I will do though next week (I said that for the past 4 weeks)!

Does anyone else in your family play? You must've been really young when you started xD

Thanks ^_^ I've been saying the same to my piano and clarinet and nothing has happened in the last month LOL XD

Yeah, my mums side of the family is very musical. We all play at least one instrument or played. I remember I used to hate playing piano when I was 3-4 but now I don't mind it ahaha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tabithacrazy
Grade seven piano! That's amazing! I've been playing for 5 and a half years and I'm doing my grade 5 in November or December! Good luck with grade seven :smile:

Thank you ^_^ I remember doing Grade 5.... Man I really screwed up that exam D; Had to restart my A piece 5 times because I was shaking so much XD Just scraped a pass with 103/150 in the end XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I'm almost finished with GoT :tongue:

Mr... I finished GoT finally :') where are you up to! You'll love the last episode man, its more beautiful than any of season 4 episodes, not gonna spoil it for you but its amazing bro :biggrin:
Original post by mychemblink182
'ello there, my name is Charlotte, and I'm 14, turning 15 in March D: D: D:

The GCSEs I will be taking include: Maths, English, English Literature, Core Science, Additional Science, Statistics, Religious Studies, Art, Graphics, and History.

After year 11, I hope to do my A levels at Hills Road, before doing Physics or Maths at Cambridge. I'd love to work in Astrophysics, yet at the same time, I'd love to be an author!

In my spare time, I enjoy reading, drawing, painting, (mainly in watercolour c; ), writing stories online, and playing my guitar. I also love the internet, of course:wink:

Honestly................. I am dreading year 10, yet also I am slightly excited because I'm taking Art, and I'll finally get to learn new techniques for acrylic painting, ( I kinda suck at that medium Cx ). Creative writing in English will also be fun.

My favourite smiley would have to be... :thrasher:
Hello Charlotte! We seem to have pretty similar options, as I'm also doing Maths, English Language, English Literature, Core Science, Additional Science, Religious Studies, Graphics and History, but I'm also doing French and Computing instead of Statistics and Art. Which subjects are you most looking forward to?

I also love reading and writing stories myself. What genres of books do you like? I particularly like YA fantasy or science fiction.

I'd love to be able to paint, I'm pretty rubbish at it!

Have a nice day :smile:
It's hard to believe that our year 9 thread only just passed 100 pages, yet we've only had this one for a few weeks and we're already at 43! :redface:
Original post by DaisyTwilight
It's hard to believe that our year 9 thread only just passed 100 pages, yet we've only had this one for a few weeks and we're already at 43! :redface:

A few weeks?! It's been four days :tongue:

We're posting like we are on a marathon XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
A few weeks?! It's been four days :tongue:
Wow, that's went quick! I thought we made it at the start of August haha :tongue:
Original post by Bullscheiße
I'm so glad to be starting year 10 because I'm finally getting rid of most of the subjects I hate! Does anyone else feel like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. I still had to do compulsory subjects that I didn't like :sadnod:
Wow, that's went quick! I thought we made it at the start of August haha :tongue:

It has gone quick :redface: Be back in school soon :sad:
Not really. I still had to do compulsory subjects that I didn't like :sadnod:

Yeah same. My mum is forcing me to do Latin, which I hate and I would rather be doing Spanish or German instead....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh don't say that D: thank goodness we start at 10AM on the first day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know. I go back on the 2nd, what about you?
I know. I go back on the 2nd, what about you?

The same :yep:

Original post by Elliwhi
Yeah same. My mum is forcing me to do Latin, which I hate and I would rather be doing Spanish or German instead....

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's sad, why does your mum want you to do Latin?

Yeah ikr xD seriously, I went to school in the morning and when I came back there were more than 150 unread messages on the year 10 thread xD
School has only started for me 5 days ago and I'm already loaded with loads of homework and deadlines to meet :/
Original post by adityac3688
School has only started for me 5 days ago and I'm already loaded with loads of homework and deadlines to meet :/

You live in England, right? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adityac3688
Yeah ikr xD seriously, I went to school in the morning and when I came back there were more than 150 unread messages on the year 10 thread xD
Wow, we're posting a lot this year! You're back in school already?

The same :yep:
Finally someone else who goes back on the 2nd! Most people on this thread go back on the 3rd, it's not fair!

That's sad, why does your mum want you to do Latin?

She wants me to become a doctor, but doesn't fully realise that I'm never going to become one due to my "wonderful" academic skills in Biology. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest